• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Vale Institute of Magic (M) (OOC/SU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
    Years
    Well, my schedule has cleared up for the night so I will be turning out a few posts for Allen Hawke, Kristen Vale, and probably finishing up the Zane and Christian JP. Also, for anybody that is interested, I've updated Zane's SU to include his element and spells.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
    Hey DuskLunancy, can Shima And michael interact just due to the fact they are both in the dorms at this due moment? I'd like to do a joint post with you if thats okay :)
    Baaaaaaaad idea. We've (Pink and I) already got some plans in motion.

Colony

Years
    Lol, I can't decide which is more confusing, Crimson or which Shi Shi is the real Shi Shi (there are 3 btw). I almost made an Eminem joke, glad I didn't.

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    Apologies that this took unnecessarily long. Feel free to advise/ alter, if need be. And woohoo! Done. Finally.. Haha.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
    I know, sorry about the rapid name changes, I keep referring back to Yuri because I don't want Shiemi to get mixed up with Shima but then I like Shiemi so I keep randomly using it, therefore, only her friends may call her Shiemi, and everyone else including teachers call her Yuri, that way anyone not associated with Yuri calls her by her name, and her friends, that being Shima, call her Shiemi. It's simple really.

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    I know I'm not the GM, Daisuke Mitsuharu, but I'd still like to weigh in as a fellow player (if that's alright), so I'll leave it in a spoiler; that way, no one has to read it if they don't want to.

Spoiler:

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
    Nobody calls her Shi Shi :P You guys started that really, but go ahead call her shi shi if you must, it will only confuse you more :P

Songbird

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    I started calling Shi Shi Shi Shi, and Shi Shi Shi Shi, but you started calling Shi Shi Shi Shi just a little while after. There are actually three Shi Shis, but I've only called Shi Shi and Shi Shi Shi Shi.

Dualik

Eloquent Trainer
    Years
    So let me get this straight...

Shi Shi is Shi Shi, however Shi Shi is also Shi Shi AND we refer to Shi Shi as Shi Shi also... but if Shi Shi is Shi Shi then surely Shi Shi and Shi Shi cannot also be Shi Shi and Shi Shi respectively? Perhaps we could instead differentiate Shi Shi from Shi Shi and both from Shi Shi by adding "Shi's" to the name Shi Shi. Shi Shi could Shi Shi Shi, Shi Shi could be Shi Shi Shi Shi and Shi Shi could stay as Shi Shi.

I would appreciate my fellow players thoughts on this matter and suggestion. Thank you in advance.

Songbird

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    You've got it completely wrong, Dualik.

Shi Shi is Shi Shi, yes, but Shi Shi is also Shi Shi, and we refer to both Shi Shi and Shi Shi as Shi Shi. However, Shi Shi isn't referred to as Shi Shi, because Shi Shi and Shi Shi are already Shi Shi. Also, adding Shis to Shi Shi and Shi Shi to differentiate Shi Shi and Shi Shi from Shi Shi is superfluous. We can determine which Shi Shi is Shi Shi through implication, so Shi Shi and Shi Shi are both just Shi Shi, but Shi Shi is not referred to as Shi Shi.

We should probably stop before this stops being funny and turns into spam.

Dualik

Eloquent Trainer
    Years
    Agreed.

May nobody within this OOC utter another "Shi Shi" again... doing so would probably cause something suitably terrible for the severity of the situation at hand.

In other words an apocalypse of biblical proportions.

But yes, nobody likes spam, so stopping is advised.

Colony

Years
    Alright, we can all agree that that name shall never be spoken again in the OOC.

@Daisuke Mitsuharu: I agree with Songbird regarding how the Japanese/Romaji spell names really don't fit. The history also has a moment where you use an unnecessary and really out of place Japanese term (karateka). In addition to that, there doesn't seem to be any reason to believe Geoffrey is a "competent fighter" other than the fact that you mentioned it that one sentence. You should use his history to expand on his abilities. Too much time is spent on grandiose while not enough time was spent on actually developing your character's past.

Kaze-Shunshin doesn't really make sense to me. You make it out to be a spell that alters the user's physical attributes, but what does that have to do with wind? Either explain how it works, revise the spell to fit within the element, or come up with a different spell. Shinku Renpa is, simply put, too strong for such a minimal repercussion. A spell that not only is long-range, but also strong offensively and defensively is unfair, especially since the worst that could happen to the user is that they get tired. This spell needs a lot of readjusting. First you need to make it either offensive or defensive (unless you can word it extremely well to justify both). Then you need to think hard about what types of repercussions can occur. Finally, it must have a logical weakness, though this is not required if it has a suitable strength balanced with suitable repercussions.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
    Years
    I don't think I've ever seen a nickname pronounced that many times in my entire life D:
    Anyways, this week was crazy. Homework was delivered, desks were flipped, people failed tests, trash containers were set on fire, but I'm finally here, free from school (sorta, I still need to go next week for receiving my grades for this semester and deliver some last assignments but other than that I'm done with this semester), as such, I'll get to work on a Gerard post with haste before the the student evaluations are over :3

Although I first need to think on whether I should do what Dusk and Perplexity did about alternate evaluations, or just have Gerard skip them entirely if that's even allowed...
    Hmm...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back