• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Vegetarians

Years
  • I really could care less what you all eat, as long as it doesn't get preachy. Personally, I'm quite partial to all things named bacon and steak. ^__^

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Vegetarianism is stupid, I mean God put animals on this planet for us to eat so you hippies should stop being Satan worshippers and eat a cow.

Spoiler:

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • I think vegetarians are cool people, and I wish I could be one. I enjoy meat too much ahaha. I don't even eat meat all that much, though. About twice per month at the most?

I don't really have problems with vegetarians, but there is only one thing I don't like. Some vegetarians that own dogs/cats make it be a vegetarian also. I can't remember where I heard about that, but it's true, some do that! I think it's wrong to make a dog or cat be a vegetarian. I mean, come on, they're carnivores! You can't take that away from them, and they seriously will suffer in the long run if they don't get their meat. They don't even get a choice :/

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • As much as I like to eat meat all the time, I can't help but accept vegetarians' beliefs because it's generally their decision on what to eat and what not to eat.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I believe been a vegetarian is an awsome way to prove you are an anime lover ;)

That... mean's nothing?

Anyway, I don't mind Vegetarians, as long as they are not all in my face about it. \: There is this one girl I know who's a vegan, and she literally screams in people's faces. "DON'T EAT MEAT!" or something, then usually smacks the meat products out of their hands. ;3;

that girl is me

But yeah, Vegetarians are cool. They're given a bad name though. |:

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I'm cool with vegetarians as long as they're not all up in my face about how eating meat is bad. :( I have a few friends who are vegetarians and they don't give people a hard time about eating meat.

As for me? I used to cut out beef and pork from my diet but these days I'll have the occasional meatloaf or whatever. Pork is still a no-no because I just don't like the taste of it. But I wouldn't consider myself a vegetarian by any means, just a picky eater. XD;

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I just eat, I don't make any great distinction about what it is.
    People that do don't bother me, but those who expect others to follow suit and/or think they're acting out some noble cause tend to grate on me a bit.

Last edited:

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • Vegetarians are awesome. I was told that 1 hectare of land can only make enough meat for 1 person each year, but 1 hectare of land can also make enough potatoes for 19 people and enough rice to feed 16 people for a year. Currently, my older sister Joanna and I are Vegetarians and we are trying to convince my younger sister to become one. X3

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    Ohai vegetarians, I'm your little cousin: a pescetarian. I'm really bad at denying my carnivorous urges, so I just eat fish instead. Z_Z
    One day I might become full vegetarian, but this little fact called my dad cooks my dinner keeps me from eating only veggies.

Years
  • Wow...a guy in my class did a presentation on Vegetarians, saying how most are actually hurting the environment than helping it. Think about all the special foods we need to buy and purchase, plus I have another thing to say about that:

Why does most tofu/Morning Star/whatever look like meat?

Years
  • Wow...a guy in my class did a presentation on Vegetarians, saying how most are actually hurting the environment than helping it. Think about all the special foods we need to buy and purchase, plus I have another thing to say about that:

Why does most tofu/Morning Star/whatever look like meat?
    I have no idea what Morning Star is, but tofu looks like cheese more than anything.

I don't eat specialty foods. Just veggies, fruit, grains, nuts and stuff like that. Even if I did I can't see how it would impact the environment more than, say, cattle raising.

ElectricScyther

The lessons we learn
    Years
  • The first time in my life (at least that I can remember) that I ate more vegetables than meat was a couple weeks back, and even there I ate at least some meat.
    I know several people who are vegetarians, and honestly I find it impossible to do that. It would be as hard as swallowing a basketball for me. I loves me meat! XD

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Not a vegetarian, but I have nothing against those that are. Good for them. Y'all have your crazies, but who doesn't?

I couldn't do it, not completely. I have an aversion to many vegetables, and I'm barely getting over my hatred of lettuce. Also, buffalo steaks.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I have no idea what Morning Star is, but tofu looks like cheese more than anything.

I don't eat specialty foods. Just veggies, fruit, grains, nuts and stuff like that. Even if I did I can't see how it would impact the environment more than, say, cattle raising.

I think they was getting at the food miles of, for example, veggies and fruits. Most of them require quite exotic environments to grow to a good market size so they're imported. Compare that to meat, which for the most part can be sourced fairly locally.

As for me, I couldn't go without meat. I respect those who can... As long as they're not the PeTA kind that throw red paint everywhere.

Back