• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Vermillion City Gym Trash Cans

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Wha? I seriously did that **** on my first try. There is a guy who says it's "right next to" the first garbage can. I took the word "right" literally, and I was on my way to sweeping Lt. Surge's entire team.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I don't know how much time I spent searching trash cans when all of them just happened to be in the middle. Annoying puzzle because it doesn't take any strategy at all.
    Thankfully, this is no problem with emulators. :>

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    god i hated doing this. true it may be easy but its still hard because if you get it wrong you have to refind them. personally i hate this puzzle

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    First time, it took me 2 weeks -_-

Second play through I guessed right on 2nd try

Converge

Take One Last Breath
    Years
    I have more trouble with Sabrinas gym, no matter how many times i play through it, i always get lost, but i do battle every trainer either way for experience

Meepman

Arogance is bliss
    Years
    I have more trouble with Sabrinas gym, no matter how many times i play through it, i always get lost, but i do battle every trainer either way for experience
    I actually drew a map to get through sabrina's gym XD. tbh though I never really had trouble with the trash can puzzle.

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    After battling the gym trainers and getting the tips, it was pretty easy. The worst puzzles will have to be the Sinnoh ones in general, but more specifically, all Ice type gyms. Slidy tiles FTL.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    I always get the second switch on the first try, and I've played through red twice yellow three times and fr once. I get really good luck in video games, but nowhere else though... If you have bad luck and are having a hard time, get the first one then save and soft reset.

Dizzy Punch

Heart of gold
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2010
    I always found these to be really tricky even though the next switch is nearby, but by far the one that was the biggest pain when I was smaller was the Mahogany Gym in Johto. The ice tiles had me guessing for at least a few nights before I found a walk through for it.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I remember when i first played Pokemon Red\Blue that i struggled, however now that I'm older I find it quite easy. :3 Also, a quick hint, if you talk to everyone in the gym (like I did xD, you might understand the puzzle better. ;)

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    It would be even more ridiculous if the trash cans had Claymores in them, that way you have to restart the game every time you F'd up:D

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2013
    To be honest I found this quite easy. If you're getting frustrated by this you obviously are in need of a break and should go outside and get some fresh air. In all seriousness this puzzle isn't hard, once you find the first switch (Which takes you all of 30 seconds) just go left or right of that trash can. The second switch should be there and you can now simply walk up to Lt. Surge and beat him. In Gold/Silver/Crystal, you don't even need to do this puzzle, you just walk up to him and attack.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 8, 2012
    I never get lost in Sabrina's Gym. It's a bit confusing, but I always manage to find my way. In Vermilion, I save my game after I find first switch and after unsuccessful try, I just load my game. Also, my friend almost always ask me to help with those two Gyms. :)

Back