• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Version Exclusive Mega Stones?

Years
  • Any updates on this?

Not any as far as I know. We'll probably only find out after the games are released.

There have been two Mega Stone locations revealed by the Twitter leaker (Kristhofer) but they're just returning X/Y Mega Stones and not new ones. Besides, it was already revealed by a Tumblr user that there will be no more new Megas.

Last edited:

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    It's been confirmed by Serebii that none are exclusive, all mega stone will be found in each version.

It's just right there on the front page. https://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml (It's in the spoiler tag, so don't click if you don't want spoilers)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I could imagine that some of the new (and exsisting) Hoenn Mega Stones will be version exclusives as they were in X&Y. For the rest of them I'd expect them to be in both games.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    I could imagine that some of the new (and exsisting) Hoenn Mega Stones will be version exclusives as they were in X&Y. For the rest of them I'd expect them to be in both games.

Like I said a few posts above this, Serebii said all Mega Stones are in both games, so no exclusives. BUT I cannot confirm this myself since I'm not very far in OR. lol

But I do know that you don't need to wait post game for mega stones (at least some of them). Unlike XY, where you need the upgrade, in ORAS, they just sparkle on the ground.
    In this spoiler is a pic I took that I found Alakazite, and I only have two badges. I put it in spoilers for obvious reasons.

Spoiler:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Like I said a few posts above this, Serebii said all Mega Stones are in both games, so no exclusives. BUT I cannot confirm this myself since I'm not very far in OR. lol

But I do know that you don't need to wait post game for mega stones (at least some of them). Unlike XY, where you need the upgrade, in ORAS, they just sparkle on the ground.
    In this spoiler is a pic I took that I found Alakazite, and I only have two badges. I put it in spoilers for obvious reasons.

Spoiler:

It's interesting that you can find the Mega Stones so early on in-game. I saw a picture similar to this before the games were released and I just assumed they cropped up after defeating the Elite Four or something.

Back