• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Version name change for America?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kindred Sworn

トレーナーゼロ
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    To be honest, the connection between the names and racism hadn't even crossed my mind until reading this thread. I doubt even stuck up lawyers could care enough to go through an attempt to change it. Racism is in the past, time to get over meaningless stuff like this imo. Glad they're not changing it :D

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    If anyone is going to get a name change its going to be australia. We dont have R rated games (18+). The game "bully" on ps2, got changed to "Canis cadem edit". Left for dead 2 had no gore. and everytime an indian gets murdered or attacked, everyone yells racist.

I don't see what Black and White have to do with R-rated games. And, well, whenever an Indian gets murdered, it generally is racism. =|

Also, there's a game called Black & White. That didn't get changed; this isn't either.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
    If anyone is going to get a name change its going to be australia. We dont have R rated games (18+). The game "bully" on ps2, got changed to "Canis cadem edit". Left for dead 2 had no gore. and everytime an indian gets murdered or attacked, everyone yells racist.
    I think this game wont have any strong violence. >_>

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    This whole thing about Black and White is ridiculous.
    There have been many games with names similar to this that weren't name changed or censored or raged over.
    It's a frikkin kids game.

Besides, take a look at Lionhead's Black and White, and Black and White II.
    They never had their names changed.

KejiBebi

aishiteru
    Years
    I think the names should stay the same. I can't think of anything they could change it to that wouldn't sound slightly retarded.
    I don't think it will cause many problems with racism, since there are so many other merchandise with the option to either buy in black or white. If someone will honestly say that the names of these games offends them, then they are just plain ignorant.
    I like the names a lot. :3 I sure hope they will stay the same.

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    Why should they change the name? Black and white are just two other colors, like red, blue, yellow, and green. What's the big deal about that? If some people felt offended, that wouldn't make them change the version names. Like previously said, people probably didn't feel offended at the makings of Pokemon Yellow. The company wouldn't call the games Black and White if they knew that people would be offended by it. It's just colors. I'm sure they didn't relate them to human races. It's really no big deal.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    They aren't changing the names. It's on the US website as "Pokémon Black Version" and "Pokémon White Version". So you guys can rest :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back