• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Vespiquen or Mothim?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Vespiquen of course. Its an overall better battler no questions asked.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2008
    kay, thanks. The other members of my team are Garchomp, Empoleon, Lucario, Dialga and Abomasnow, so its mainly defense, and I needed a good offense poke. ah well, post E4 team is what I'm more concerned with.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2008
    I know, but I already have fighting for lucario and I hate having o of the same types, and I also need a good flying so its between the two; and anway I chose vespiquen.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Yo, Vespiquen has that Defend Order thing - totally cool.
    Mothim is just plain and pasty.

There are better Bug / Flying out there -____-

Years
  • Mothim is only useful if you slap a Choice Scarf or Focus Sash on him. Otherwise his low Speed coupled with horrendous defenses will get you nowhere.

Vespiquen, though, makes a surprisingly good wall, considering you give her Defend Order and Roost/Heal Order, so yeah, it's Vespiquen.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Why would he choose mothim just to defeat 1 Golem when all five of his other pokemon can take care of Golem? Besides, he already chose Vespi! 8p

Walrein

Banned
    Years
  • And, Mothim has a great movepool to use: Bug Buzz and Air Slash for double STAB, Energy Ball to kill incoming Rocks, Psychic for Posion-types, Shadow Ball for Ghosts...if only it would have speed equal to it's offenses it could jump into BL.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2008
    I was going for a Yanmega, but I can't really get him until after the E4, I know my team's pretty terrible [its my first time playing Diamond], but I'm just trying to get through the E4 so I can compose a formidable team for the battle area.

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
  • kay, thanks. The other members of my team are Garchomp, Empoleon, Lucario, Dialga and Abomasnow, so its mainly defense, and I needed a good offense poke. ah well, post E4 team is what I'm more concerned with.

That's fine for the E4. What do you think looks defensive about this team? Dialga has crazy Sp.Att, Lucario is an awesome sweeper, and Garchomp is an offensive beast.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    That's fine for the E4. What do you think looks defensive about this team? Dialga has crazy Sp.Att, Lucario is an awesome sweeper, and Garchomp is an offensive beast.

Because the Bug, Psychic and Champ wont do too much to the steel types.

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
  • That's the idea. Everybody type matches on these guys because that's what you do to beat them. That doesn't make you defensive, it just means you aren't an idiot.

Years
  • re:

I'd go with Vespiquen.
    In my previous games it has always been the powerhouse of my team.
    But maybe that's cause I love training them. -__-"

Detox

Neither....they both are horrible...blec...get a pinsir,beautifly,or heracross...or maybe a nice little drapion...

Back