• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HugSomebody

Trust me!~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    To me, these legendaries are a little oddly formed. They look proud and powerful like legendaries should but I don't have a bias for either one yet. Once we learn more about them, they'll probably grow on me a little more. xD

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I could rant (and trust me, I have) about how the fact they haven't changed the formula since the days of Red and Blue is the single greatest flaw with the entire series. I am 100% sure that even the most die-hard of fans, like myself, will grow tired of the same thing eventually, no matter how great. If I were to give an analogy, I would say it's like a drug addict chasing their first high. Eventually, you're going to need to move onto harder drugs. ;)

And besides, if they don't give a something different (and I'm not saying they need to do away with traveling around the region collecting gym badges, just that they should put a significant spin on that plot line), then they're outright lying, aren't they?

Oh my God... I have never been able to say it like that... thank you for this haha! So true.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    And besides, if they don't give a something different (and I'm not saying they need to do away with traveling around the region collecting gym badges, just that they should put a significant spin on that plot line), then they're outright lying, aren't they?

You could say that if they said it about HGSS. But no, new region = new adventure. It might get a 'spin', but don't get your hopes up.

Also, I don't personally mind the whole gym thing, the team, new places, etc. make up for it. I mean, are Zelda fans sick of eight dungeons per game (more or less). The gyms are just the occasional boss battle intermitent throughout the adventure.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    I could rant (and trust me, I have) about how the fact they haven't changed the formula since the days of Red and Blue is the single greatest flaw with the entire series. I am 100% sure that even the most die-hard of fans, like myself, will grow tired of the same thing eventually, no matter how great. If I were to give an analogy, I would say it's like a drug addict chasing their first high. Eventually, you're going to need to move onto harder drugs. ;)

I agree that people will get bored eventually. There's been five generations that follow the same idea, and generations will continue to spawn as long as there is an audience and people will buy.

It depends in what context the adventure is "all-new". Because, in the most literal sense, it is. New region, new Pokémon, in the game way that every generation after the first was an "all-new adventure". So in that sense then, they would not be lying. How many times have you seen other products/companies use the same technique to sell new things?

Years
    I didn't think they'd take the color theme so literally.

And I don't see why half of everyone thinks they're dragons. Well, I do - it's wishful thinking - but I don't see how they look anything like dragons. Zekrom looks like Mewtwo to me and Reshiram has a sort of mammalian face.

I like the weird turbine/insect abdomen/whatever they are tails.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Also, with this being revealed on Pokemon dot com, we can finally stop hearing how the the version names will change here in the US... YASSSS!!

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2010
    The art for the white Legendary has horrible center of gravity complex, it's leaning forward unnaturally (artistic eye). Besides that, I like how the colors are opposites for Legends (Black has a White Legendary etc etc)

Doesn't the Black Legendary look a bit too much like a darker Palkia? I think so.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Pokemon Black & White Legendarys!

Well, according to the Japanese website, a surprising piece of information has surfaced,

The Generation V Legendarys!

Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Their names are Reshiram (レシラム) and Zekrom (ゼクロム).

Also, a release date has been confirmed, US & Europe Spring 2011, Japan September 2010, so do you think it will follow the same pattern as Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver? - US & Europe, March? Possibly, also what do you think of the new legenderys?

Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Does this basically confirm Light type? Because it seems like that to me.

I think they both look cool. Reshiram looks more dragony (which I like), but Zekrom looks like it has the cooler overall design other than that.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Both of 'em look pretty awesome. However, I think I might go with Reshiram. xD I kind of hope that they aren't Dragon, as the legendaries of the last Generation were Dragon. :U

RedBaron474

I don't even know
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 26, 2016
    These legendaries are awesome. They are definitely a lot more "epic," if you know what I mean. It's the same reaction I felt when I saw Dailga and Palkia for the first time: legendary Pokemon are starting to look less and less cuddly. And that is only a good thing. :D

EDIT: HOLY BALLS! Did they reveal something to the US/Western countries before they revealed it in Japan??? WOW. Check out the (english) Pokemon.com.

Yes, they might be "epic", but they are not pokemon in my book. They don't even look like pokemon. I would expect to see creatures like this in Digimon or Yugioh (neither of which I'm personally not to fond of). Well that's just my opinion. I'm glad you guys like them though.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Zekrom looks similar to Palkia but not too much... haha, here I go moving too fast. I'm ready to see the third installment.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    It's possible that they could introduce the Light-type, of course, but you have to remember that the Dark and Steel-types weren't introduced in Gen II as a means of expanding the game, they were created to counteract the way overpowered Psyhic-type in Gen I.

But what type would counter light? Dark? Couldn't psychic sort of be considered light type already?

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Yes, they might be "epic", but they are not pokemon in my book. They don't even look like pokemon. I would expect to see creatures like this in Digimon or Yugioh (neither of which I'm personally not to fond of). Well that's just my opinion. I'm glad you guys like them though.

What defines what Pokémon have to look like, may I ask?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet.

But the black one is much more mechanised vs the ancient-looking white one.

Perhaps this is hinting that the storyline has something to do with the modernised cities vs the more 'usual' Pokemon cities. Old vs New.

Personally I'm not keen on either of them yet, but I'll wait until I find out their typings before judging too much.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxH8eyCS2lQ

Surprisingly none of you have watched the new gameplay. Other than me lol.

I was going to try to find that video earlier on the pokemon site but was too lazy to go to it. I like the gameplay and the music isn't that bad either. I love how Hiun is a lot more compact than the 'cities' we've had before too. Well that's off-topic but anyways I was hoping for a gameply with Zekrom and Reshiram...but I guess we'll have to wait for the games to come out in Japan to see that.

Back