• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    I think I have to get the game with that sexy looking White one now. God, they lok pretty awesome.

Years
  • i think that the legendarie will be like that Reshiram for (Pokémon Black Version) and Zekrom for (Pokémon White Version)

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • How amusing.

When Zoroark was revealed a couple months back, the reaction was very mixed, and when the starters were revealed earlier this month, the reaction was mostly negative. But with these two, the reaction is almost unanimously positive. I'm wondering why. From where I'm sitting, there's barely any difference in quality between the seven known GenV pokemon (I personally think they're all pretty cool), yet the reaction si different every time there's an unveiling. XD

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Reshiram is nice looking... but Zekrom, what in the world is that?

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    OMG, Are these two new legendaries for real? Where in the world did Rukario find them? =o

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • I was leaning towards White, but thought I'd have to wait for the legendaries to decide. And Zekrom is so cool, so I guess White after all.

Although the Black legendary on the White version is a bit weird, I mean what's white about the game then? I guess we'll find out eventually.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    ReshiRAM! ZekROM!

Computers, anyone? Hmm...

EDIT: Also, Reshi = Rashi; Ezekiel = Zek

Last edited:
    Years
  • They look like Yu-Gi-Oh monsters. o_O

Blue Eyes White Dragon, Red Eyes Black Dragon? xD;

I like the White one. : )
    The only thing I don't like about big crazy legendaries is the face they must always be off on a rampage about something. But they wouldn't be big legendary beasts unless they were feared. Mah.

Last edited:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Although the Black legendary on the White version is a bit weird, I mean what's White about the game then? I guess we'll find out eventually.

That's just it. It's a contrast. Not only in the actual color, but a metaphorical contrast to the themed naming and mascots of the rest of the series! Brilliance!

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Personally, they look way too Digimon like (especially with season 6 coming next month, seriously, the black one looks like freaking BlackWarGreymon mixed with Palkia), and Dragon mascots again, we can't have two dragon trios, we already have Dialga/Palkia/Giratina. Also they revealed their english names on the english site first, when it's Japan that announces the new Pokemon first, not the States, if these are the engish names, then they should have revealed the english names for the already known Gen V Pokemon, Zorua and Zoroark will, like most movie centered Pokemon, likely have the same names in english, the starters however..... well, did you know that Piplup was originally going to keep it's Japanese name for the english versions of Diamond and Pearl, seriously, I'm not lying at all, they actually planned this in the early stages of the games translation ("Piplup" is an ugly name anyways, I like "Pochama" better, seriously, doesn't "Piplup" sound gay to you.....), so as long as they give the starters decent names
    Just so you know, I'm pretty sure every legendary (apart from I think Heatran) has the same name in Japanese as in every other language.

Thanks for that post I learnt alot
    Thanks for that post I learnt alot

As did I from you.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Definitely know Im sticking with black version now! If this is real then Zekrom looks amazing! I guess it's dark/steel?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Just so you know, I'm pretty sure every legendary (apart from I think Heatran) has the same name in Japanese as in every other language.

Heatran's Japanese name was Hiidoran, so it's basically the same name, just a more Americanized spelling.

Also, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf are the only legendaries to have changed named in different regions. :P

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • @Azure: But the only thing they're contrasting with is the colour on the box, unless there's something white in-game. Normally the legendaries are pretty much the only connection to the version name, so there's now no connection at all (that we know of).

Back