• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Toxicroak

Mustard
Years
  • They are epic.
    it seems like Zekrom's tail is based on an airplane engine:

Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

and Reshiram's tail is based on a medieval/Tiki torch:

something like this one:
    Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Years
  • Guys, already are you comparing to old Pokemon. Why not say what's good about them?

Reshiram looks like for some reason a Psychic/Dragon or Flying/Dragon. Zekrom totally looks Dark/Dragon.

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    I'll throws confetti if Reshiram is an Ice/Dragon (Last time I checked, no weaknesses?) and she looks like one alright, let's just hope :p

ya i would love to see an ice/dragon too although Reshiram might be flying as well due to the feathers and wings, and i think that type combination still has 3 weakness which is fighting, steel, and rock.

Anyways reshiram definitely does look epic but i still dont get what nintendo is up to with the tail designs of these legendaries.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • ya i would love to see an ice/dragon too although Reshiram might be flying as well due to the feathers and wings, and i think that type combination still has 3 weakness which is fighting, steel, and rock.

Anyways reshiram definitely does look epic but i still dont get what nintendo is up to with the tail designs of these legendaries.

Well, Fighting is not for Dragon, neither does Steel and Rock, Dragons neutralize them, no?

But oh well, Ice/Dragon is epic :D
    Maybe Ice/Dragon with Levitate as an ability?

The feather theory don't work with me, since Articuno got feathers too and she's an Ice :P

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • Well, it may surprise a lot of people, since I've been pushing the Light-type so heavily on the other thread, but I don't think this "proves" anything. I think it gives those of us looking for new types some hope, as Reshiram doesn't seem to really fit in to any of the existing types, but we will still just have to wait and see.

I agree on their being a new type thrown into the game. light would be very interesting to see what its effective and ineffective on the 17 different typing available.

i believe though, if that isn't the case, that we'll finally have another ice type legendary since articuno.

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    I dont dislike the designs but i do agree them bieng a little bit similar to digimon which i hope doesnt happen with the rest of the pokemon in this generation. But seriously whats up with the tails of these legendaries?! the wakiest takes ever put on Pokemon, like Toxicroak meansioned earlier Zekrom looks like it has a jet engine as a tail, and for reshiram its tail looks like a torch with a retro design :P

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • My theory on why people think they look like digimon is because they are unfamilar. Most people are saying because they don't look like normal Pokemon (thus are unfamilar) and default it to digimon, not even thinking about the digimon-style. So I'd say it's just: you see a monster, think "Is that a Pokemon?", but it isn't one of the current 493, so you default it to being a digimon.

It doesn't happen so much to cute ones, because there are a lot more cute Pokemon than cute digimon (and that's an understantement).

Unless they're doing the whole 'lets give it a cool name but pronounce it stupidly' like they get with kyogre...'kai-o-grrr' I was 9 and thought it was kai-o-gree.

I love the names btw.

Actually, kyogre, following proper English orgography, would fit better with the ger sound. e.g. metre, centre, cure, etc.

Years
  • I was talking about billi1000.

Like I was saying....Every Gen 5 Pokemon is going to look weird. Hell, I thought Lugia looked like a deformed swan back in the old Silver/Gold/Crystal days. Now I love the thing so much, I bought SoulSilver to get it earlier.

Just give it time to get used to them, okay?

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • That would be neat...in your sig Reshiram appears as if it's ice/dragon, and yeah I think it would have a weakness still (fire). Though I think Ice/Dragon, Ghost/Dragon (it's possible and would be cool), Psychic/Dragon, or Psychic/Flying. All good types if you ask me.....can't wait to get my hands on my own Reshiram. :D

Well, Fighting is not for Dragon, neither does Steel and Rock, Dragons neutralize them, no?

But oh well, Ice/Dragon is epic :D
    Maybe Ice/Dragon with Levitate as an ability?

The feather theory don't work with me, since Articuno got feathers too and she's an Ice :P

An Ice/Dragon would be weak to Fighting, Rock, Steel and Dragon. Dragon resists Fire, Water, Grass and Electric. But still an awesome type!!

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    @ Toxicroak: Don't think he meant you.

And hey, I still think black hole white hole is the way to go with the tails.

EDIT: ninja'd, but I was right.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • An Ice/Dragon would be weak to Fighting, Rock, Steel and Dragon. Dragon resists Fire, Water, Grass and Electric. But still an awesome type!!

Can I cancel Dragon out of Weakness?
    Since Ice resists Dragons :D
    It'll be much like Dialga whom can resist dragon cos' of it's steel too.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Ding! Dialga takes normal damage from Dragon attacks. I don't think Ice resists Dragon, either.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    An Ice/Dragon would be weak to Fighting, Rock, Steel and Dragon. Dragon resists Fire, Water, Grass and Electric. But still an awesome type!!

hmmm...so what types do you think ice/dragon would take normal hits to then?

Back