• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    But if that blog post is correct about Zekrom being Electric than Reshiram wouldn't be. Since it was 'I like Electric, so I want Zekrom'.

Pokekoks

Sprite'n'animation by me.
    Years
    New legendaries are looking good, but Zekrom is too complicated to name it 'Pokemon'... But I like its design, even it looks similarly to Palkia.

Zekrom is probably dragon/electric type (but I don't exclude it's second type is dark) and Reshiram imo looks like dragon/ghost or dragon/flying type.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Now that I think about it... Zekrom does sound like an Electric-Type name.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    This is only speculation and might not ring true, but I believe the Dark legendary Pokemon will most probably be Dark/Ground, and the white one would probably be an introduction to the "White type" Pokemon family.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
    This is only speculation and might not ring true, but I believe the Dark legendary Pokemon will most probably be Dark/Ground, and the white one would probably be an introduction to the "White type" Pokemon family.

Nah x3
    Both were confirmed Dragon/? types so Zekrom will be Dark/Dragon or Dragon/Dark, I dunno Cx

Setosama

LegendaryPokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    I'd like to say they will have weather effects like Kyogre and Groudon. NEW weather effects.
    (if he's electric) Zekrom could have the Thunderstorm weather. (It sometimes hurts you and sometimes doesn't.)
    (if he's fire) Reshiram could have the Rising Smoke weather. (Decreases accuracy.)

EDIT: And the legendary trio master would have Air Lock like Rayquaza did. :)

Hm... I really don't see that happening... But then again, after these games, the Ruby and Sapphire remakes are next, supposedly.

We already know that there is an attack that raises ACCURACY and Attack. So it IS possible...

But I'd hate to see another legendary dragon get murdered by repeated earthquakes... :(

Forget types, what about abilities... What abilities you think these guys'll have? Levitate? Pressure? or something new?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2015
    Three Types?

With so much controversy over the types of Reshiram and Zekrom I thaught I would bring this up. So far we know they are both Dragon types. Some people think Reshiram will be either a Fire or Light type and some people think Zekrom will either be a Dark or Electric type. What if these Legendaries had 3 types which would mean Reshiram would be Dragon/Fire/Light and Zekrom would be Dragon/Electric/Dark. So many mysteries are in this game and if 3-type Pokemon were one of them, that might really affect gameplay. I am not saying I want this to happen (I am wishing for a Dark/Dragon Zekrom) but I still think that his could be a possibility. Discuss.

EDIT: I agree with what you all are saying about the unbalence. But what if 3-types was just for Reshiram and Zekrom? Again I'm not saying I want it to happen. Also for the record I think Charizard and Gyarados should've both been Dragon instead of Flying.

Last edited:

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
    Not gonna happen, that would completely warp everything the game has ever stood for type-advantage-wise. By doing this GameFreak would get more haters and more QQ than if the game sucked =/

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Not a chance. That only make the game even more inbalance. What happen if Gyarados and Charizard gain dragon type? I hope not, because i hate battling them even with their current type.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    doubt it would happen. with black and white, it seems like they're going for simplicity. putting in 3 types would ruin it.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    I certainly won't want the change of having just two types (Though Gyarados and Charizard really deserved to be Dragon :P)

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    No. Too uber. The point of making many types is that no one could be at an advantage or a disadvantage. That's what abilities are for, to try to make the Pokemon stronger without relying on its typing. Like, Volt Absorb, Motor Drive, Wonder Guard, Snow Cloak and Chlorophyll.

Cloudfall

Togekisser
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2011
    Hm... I really don't see that happening... But then again, after these games, the Ruby and Sapphire remakes are next, supposedly.

We already know that there is an attack that raises ACCURACY and Attack. So it IS possible...

But I'd hate to see another legendary dragon get murdered by repeated earthquakes... :(

Forget types, what about abilities... What abilities you think these guys'll have? Levitate? Pressure? or something new?

I guess they'll have Levitate, seeing as to how they have wings and all... Somehow I doubt they'll be like Dialga and Palkia with Pressure. I mean, Reshiram and Zekrom have wings... At the very least, it would be nice to see if these wings had an actual part to play in-game.

Also, has anyone ever thought that Reshiram's typing could very well be Dragon/Ice? It hasn't been done before, and Reshiram's whole 'pure' look goes pretty well with Ice imo. Just my two cents. :3

Back