• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video game logic says...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    We've all played a game that just made us tilt our heads and say "umm what?" because of the bad logic they tend to have. From physics failure to just...not making any sense whatsoever, what's your weirdest case of "video game logic"?

I think the most notable thing is in Super Mario Bros, you can throw fireballs in the water. IN. THE WATER. Not only that, but there are also water levels with rotating fireball sticks (whatever they're called...I call them Cheetos personally). And in almost every RPG, you can just barge into peoples' homes without a care from the NPCs, except that one guy in Pokemon RBY that calls you an "insolent pup" or something. And let's not forget...10 year olds going on an adventure to save the world! YAY!

I'll come back and add more later. lol

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Sonic The Hedgehog - Apparently carrying rings negates any possible damage. AND WHERE ARE THEY EVEN BEING STORED, JEEZ?

Years
    Yay, you finally posted it
    Well, one thing that comes to mind is when you are in games and a door is locked. Resident evil is a great example of this.

So, you have to collect lots of different part to fit them together and then it makes a key that fits into the flimsy lock and opens it... I HAVE A NUMBER OF DIFFERENT GUNS! WHY CAN'T I JUST BLOW THE DOOR AWAY! XD

I know it is apart of puzzles, but if I was faced with this problem, I would use a gun before I wandered around a place where I can get eaten and killed! XD​

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Which brings me to this: in Pokemon, how is a bike collapsable?

And with items on the brain, in Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, when you give/sell an item to someone, the item just vanishes right in front of your face. It looks weird. Then they stand there and breathe awkwardly, but that's besides the point.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    How characters can never get hungry, tired or thirsty. It doesn't make any sense ;-;

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    How characters can never get hungry, tired or thirsty. It doesn't make any sense ;-;

They never shave, bathe, go to the bathroom, and...

Spoiler:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    In some FPS games i've played you have infinate ammo for your pistol. (Examples are L4D 1 and 2, and CnC Renegade)

Oh and what person decided you could put laser sights on a Grenade Launcher and Shotguns but not pistols? Oh and explosive ammo upgrade... for a grenade launcher.

Years
    One I just thought of was on the FPS's where you get blood on your face(camera), why does it stick to you and have the consistency of jelly?
    But oh noes, it then fades away... O_o​

tomboichristie

I LIKE CAKE.
    Years
    what about the pokeballs? its just so weird that a giant super huge wailord or something can just go inside a tiny little ball. its just weird..

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    what about the pokeballs? its just so weird that a giant super huge wailord or something can just go inside a tiny little ball. its just weird..

Don't the balls shrink the Pokémon or something? I think Oak said something along the lines of that.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years

Even weirder is when the ball shrinks. In the real world, something like that would proably cause the universe to go boom.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Games where you go in the water, where you should get wet, and when you come out, you're still dry. I'm sure that's just a case of graphical limitations, but...

Years
    Games where you go in the water, where you should get wet, and when you come out, you're still dry. I'm sure that's just a case of graphical limitations, but...

Uncharted 2 does this very well, as in it will map onto the body where you have been in water.

And it does take a lot of GPU power to pull it off successfully, so most of the time they will be wet on only one part, or not at all.​

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Even weirder is when the ball shrinks. In the real world, something like that would proably cause the universe to go boom.

That's only canon in the anime universe. ANIME PHYSICS IS NOT THE SAME AS VIDEO GAME PHYSICS.

Also why do the prices of things increase the farther you get from your starting location in many RPGs, it makes no economic sense... AND WHY DOES THE TOWN WITH FOUR PEOPLE IN IT STOCK DIAMOND ARMOR WHILE THE CAPITAL OF THE EMPIRE ONLY STOCKS BRONZE?

Back