• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video game logic says...

Years
    Also why do the prices of things increase the farther you get from your starting location in many RPGs, it makes no economic sense... AND WHY DOES THE TOWN WITH FOUR PEOPLE IN IT STOCK DIAMOND ARMOR WHILE THE CAPITAL OF THE EMPIRE ONLY STOCKS BRONZE?

You know, that never crossed my mind! XD
    That is actually a good point. Just because you have progressed in the story doesn't mean you have to slap price increases on us! T_T

Sounds like the UK government

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    There is one moment that is especially egregious in TES IV: Oblivion, a game that, for the most part, has characters that lock their doors, try to kill/call the guards on you if you break into their homes, etc...

But, however, I can simply waltz into the Lleyawin castle, walk up to the Count and Countess as they are eating, and start talking shop.

wut

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    In Tales of the Abyss, prices may change depending on your title. How do the shop keepers KNOW your title? So I can change my title to one thing, talk to a shop keep, think "whoa, expensive!", exit that menu, change it again, and it might get cheaper? WHAT?! Isn't that discrimination too? Madness. :(

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    For the Pokemon games: how can you store a lot of items in a regular-sized backpack?

And backing up on games involving water: how long can you stay underwater before coming back up for air (if you're not a fish)?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    He might have been referring to early Mario games when you could stay underwater for however long you wanted.

Also, Navi must be magical, because I was watching an LP of Ocarina of Time, and the player is in Death Mountain Crater, just finished the Fire Temple. And he talked to Navi, who said, "An artic wind is blowing from Zora's River...do you feel it?" Um, no, Navi. I don't feel it. YOU'RE IN A VOLCANO. Ice is the last thing you're gunna be feeling in a volcano. Seriously.

Years
    He might have been referring to early Mario games when you could stay underwater for however long you wanted.

Also, Navi must be magical, because I was watching an LP of Ocarina of Time, and the player is in Death Mountain Crater, just finished the Fire Temple. And he talked to Navi, who said, "An artic wind is blowing from Zora's River...do you feel it?" Um, no, Navi. I don't feel it. YOU'RE IN A VOLCANO. Ice is the last thing you're gunna be feeling in a volcano. Seriously.

Ahh, this is true! AND LOL! XDDD

I remember that. WTF was up with that?
    "Maybe this is why no one listens to you, Navi. You don't make ANY SENSE!"​

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    In most JRPGs, what keeps the hero's hair up? You never see them apply any hair gel... it's just, always freaking spiky. Them dorks at the Jersey Shore should take a lesson from these guys.

Years
    Also, you very rarely see characters change their clothes. Like, eww, that must just be nasty after a while; doesn't help they don't shower or anything!​

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    ^ That in mind! How do peoples' clothes stay so nice? They stay clean and sanitary, and even though someone's clothes get obviously ripped at some point (Guy totally got marked by Sync at one point, why didn't his sleeve rip?) but they NEVER note that ever again. It rips, and repairs itself. Magical threads, methinks?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    For the Pokemon games: how can you store a lot of items in a regular-sized backpack?
    A personal theory is that maybe they have 'pokeballs' for items as well, actually. (And I'm sure I'm not the first to have thought that either =p). Could explain that bike as well. (There are ones that can fit in a bag though actually, iirc).

I could post a heck of a lot of weird things... like how do weapons in Fire Emblem 'break' after at times a mere 20 uses? Are the characters just very bad at using swords or axes or the like?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Fantasy settings would have one believe that swords are a dime a dozen, easy to wield, and effective in all situations.

No, just no.

Is Link also in said volcano?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Yeah, reading that...no character needs to be in a volcano. @_@ And also, just because a tunic is red, Link won't fry up in there. Okay! THAT makes sense! What about water? Oh, a blue one will let you breathe. Nice. At least the TP Zora tunic looked like it had that capability to keep you alive underwater, but the OoT one...it's just blue.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    If Banjo and Kazooie were real, the latter would have been Kentucky Fried Breegul four games ago. XD

But going back to Pokémon, there's quite a lot of twisted video game logic there, from Diglett sticking out from beneath the waves, to kittens being able to breed with behemothic whales. I just go with it.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    How come bosses with a more powerful form assume their weak form at the beginning of a battle? If I could transform into a more powerful being, I wouldn't stay in my normal form for a fight.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    Why there are so many homeless people in Pokémon games? Some of the characters just walk around the town no matter what time it is and there's no homes for them. Oh, sometimes there's houses but they don't have doors. Who made those houses? It must be someone who really hates when you come visit him/her without even knocking.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Another bit of odd pokemon logic.....

How can you use dive in the desert or dig in the ocean? I honestly think it just becomes the other move but if it doesn't....

And Rain dance or hail in a building. Sunny day isn't AS odd... I mean a lot of buildings have windows on the outside, just increase the sun's intensity it'll still shine through the windows... But rain dance.... and hail... I want to know how hail works especially.... Fire sprinklers could be rain dance... but HAIL?

-end rant-

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    Pokemon: Apparantely, we can enter people's house and it's completely normal. Plus, some houses don't even have doors.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    How can enemies not hear the radio at all on Fallout? You can sneak behind them, and they do not hear Mr New Vegas talking very loudly from the PipBoy?! Does he have a talking frequency they cannot register?

Back