• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Game Memories.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
  • From looking and reading a certain topic made by a certain Sydian user, it got me intrigued about my memories about video games and what I can remember. I have some early memories of getting old consoles until my heart was content, and finishing some games, but what about you?

What are your most reminiscent Video Game Memories?
    What was your earliest video game memory that you can remember?

For me, most reminiscent memories include when I was six years old and got Banjo Kazooie for Christmas. Back then I didn't know how good of a game it wuold have become. I also remember playing that game and my Nintendo 64 melting for reasons I won't go into now.

Earliest memory was some christmas ago, my uncle (who was roughly 12 at the time) got a Super Nintendo and a copy of Duck Hunt, and we sat there playing it a lot since it was fun. Another one for me would be Playing loads of Mario Kart for the SNES when I was young.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • From looking and reading a certain topic made by a certain Sydian user

Flattered. ;)

What are your most reminiscent Video Game Memories?
    Getting my uncle to go play Mario games. XD I was more of an observer when I was three; I didn't want to start playing til I knew what to do. Watching him play Super Mario Bros 3 (my first favorite video game because I was three, and it was SMB3. Get it? XD) and learning how to get the "toot" (magic flute to y'all, but it was "the toot" in my mind). I also used to, and still do, make lyrics to the music on Mario games and sing them while playing/watching someone play. :D

When my maw maw would lose her game of Dr. Mario, the viruses under the magnifying glass would laugh at you for losing, but I thought they were crying. So I would go into the living room and inform everyone that "the babies are crying." XD And I remember calling the magic flute in SMB3 "the toot", as mentioned above. Many memories with Mario games, despite me being horrible at them today. :D

This is a great topic<3 I feel so nostalgic!

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    What are your most reminiscent Memories?

Playing Phantasy Star III with a close family friend and also the first times I played Final Fantasy VII and Parasite Eve.

Definatley playing Super Mario Bros. 3 and Tetris with my Mum and Sis.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    For the reminiscent memory, probably when I got my 64 and Zelda Ocarina of Time.

Earliest memory was when I picked up my first controller (NES) at 2 and then beating SMB3 within the week I had started.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • What are your most reminiscent Video Game Memories?
    Being a master of Dark Tunnel in Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow. When I first played, I skipped getting Flash, so I went through the tunnel completely in the dark. From then on, I never got flash, because I learned how to get through without Flash like the back of my hand. By brother and sister would give me their games with Flash and ask me to do it. I could never do it in the light, so I always left and didn't use Flash. :D

Dad buying the N64 with Mario Kart and him and me having a race. He sounded like he knew everything that was going on, so confident and cocky that he would dominate the AI players and come first. When the 'GO' sign came up, he just sat there. Apparently, his method of accelerating wasn't what the game followed. :O

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
    When I finished God of War II :D

I remember defeating Dr. Robotnik in the first Sonic game.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    Uh... Staying up all night playing Pokemon? XD

One time I was playing Shadow the HEdgehog and my dad was watching and he said "You know... if Jazz Jackrabbit ever went 3d, I bet it'd play something like this"
    I dunno about that, but, I guess nobody ever will.

Then there was the other day... this is more for my bro than for me, but... my lil bro was helping my dad scan some old magazines, and I decided to hang out with them too, and.. the Gamecube was right next to us. He had Sonic HEroes in it, so I decided to be a show-off and finish the first levle as Team Dark... using ONLY the speed formation! ... and then failing misarbly time and time again. Then I said "Screw that" and picked Team Sonic instead. XD (and did exactly what I wanted to do- use ONLY Speed Formation!)

Those creepy monster in Doom! Scared the daylights out of my 3-year old self!
    Also, JAZZ JACKRABBIT! :3 (Love that guy!)

Last edited:

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years

#1: Playing HORSE on the first Tony Hawk Pro Skater for N64
    #2: Finishing Shadow of the Colossus
    #3: My first run through Kingdom of Loathing, before first ascension, as a Seal Clubber
    #4: My first win ever on the Pokemon Online program
    #5: Clearing all levels of Lemmings
    #6:Losing sleep the night leading up to the release of a new Pokemon game, such as HGSS

Don't really know. Probably something at an arcade. Like a pinball machine or Galaga.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    I remember playing Final Fantasy VII when I was younger and not understanding anything that was going on. Like for example...

Spoiler:

Years
    When I was younger, playing Mortal Combat on the Sega Megadrive. Such an awesome game. I remember been blown away by it for some unknown reason. I just loved playing it and going for the fatalities. I remembered every single one of them before I stopped playing it! XD

Ooo, I would sayyyy... playing Prince of Persia 2 on the SNES. Was a fun game from what I remember.

L5Animations

Gamer & Shiny Hunter
    Years
    Playing the first three Spyro games on my PlayStation back when I was, oh, I dunno, 7?
    I was heading on vacatiton to North Carolina, and my parents stopped at a friend's house in Georgia. Their son let me play their GameBoy, which happened to have either Red, Blue, or Yellow in it. I was definitely using Pika, though. I battled a few wild Pokes and then *gasp* THUNDERBOLT ran out of - PP? "What's that?" I wondered as I young, four year old, I think? Don't remember my age, but I was pretty young.

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years

Ummm, I remember playing the Toy Story game on the Dreamcast, ahhhh, what a console <3

It would have to be playing on my cousin's Nintendo 64 (Mario Kart I think?) and I sucked.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • What are your most reminiscent Video Game Memories?: I was fixated on Star Wars: Racer Revenge, until my dad told me to move on to other games, to which I successfully did.
    What was your earliest video game memory that you can remember?: I remember playing Mario on the N64, but I don't have that game anymore.

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    My most fond memory is my definition of nostalgia:
    Sitting on a blow-up bed, belly-down, playing Paper Mario on the Nintendo 64, and getting frustrated enough in Flower Fields to use the RPGShrine of it.

Earliest?
    Hm, probably playing Super Mario Bros. Deluxe.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2011
    the old MARIO ruuuuls!
    i just want to play it right now.
    where can i find it?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Completing the whole Syphon Filter saga, yet I'm repeating the whole thing again because I have no other game to play. xD

I guess the first video game that I played would be Tetris. I was 5 and Tetris was my favorite game on the NES. Then my dad and my sister got me into Super Mario on the SNES. So I moved on from a Tetris freak to a Mario freak.

I also played Duck Hunt back in the day. I. Love. That. Game.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Hmm... Playing my mom's Atari 2600. She got it some time after high school, and shortly after she married my dad, they bought like 30+ games in the bargain bin at KB Toys.

She always got it out for me and my two younger brothers to play. My favorite game for it was definately Yar's Revenge. I could play that game for hours on end and not get bored.

I didn't get my very own console until 1999, when I had FINALLY saved up enough money to get an Atomic Purple Gameboy Color and a copy of Pokemon Yellow. By then most other kids my age had play through the later part of the 16-bit era and the then-current 64-bit consoles.

In many ways, I'm glad I got raised on Atari. Helps me appriciate games before my time alot more XD

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years

Mine would have to be watching my family play Super Mario 64 ,Diddy Kong Racing or Legend of the Mystical Ninja starring Goemon.I was too afraid of the monster to play by myslef so I liked watching the older kids play.

Probably ,like everyone else,attempting to Play SMB and SMB3.That isnt a game, thats true Childhood,probably the first game I ever played.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • My most reminiscent memory... playing the Wario Land series at school, during the lunch breaks, surrounded by kids saying "wooooo it's a Game Boy" XD

And my first memories... my friend Álvaro playing Super Mario All Stars on his SNES and constantly failing at level 7-1 in SMB3. When I bought the GBA version, almost 10 years later, I couldn't help but laugh at the memories after beating that level on my first try.

Huzzah!

Ballos's Reluctant Servant
    Years

Beating Red in Crystal. I was way underlevled, probably about 44 or 45. My brother has commended me for it ever since.

My brother had gotten Yellow, but he didn't want me to play it. After enough pestering, he said I could train his Rattata. He was surprised when he got the game back to see it was already level 17. Mind you, this was before Brock. Ever since, I feel the need to make my team overlevled.

Last edited:
    Back