• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Sure, if you are 13. Which coincidentally is when I used to find them funny.

TY

Sure, if you are 13. Which coincidentally is when I used to find them funny.

Then it may be so that loads of 13-year olds watch it atm.
Havent watched VGX yet cause im too much sucked into SC2 streams x3

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
My god that Metroid moment, I nearly had a stroke from the hype. Why u do dis reggie, WHY?!

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
My god that Metroid moment, I nearly had a stroke from the hype. Why u do dis reggie, WHY?!
Did you really expect something big?

You can't deny that playable Cranky in DKCTF is awesome as hell, though.
I say it should be a hard mode, playing as him that is. 1 life and 30 minute time limit, so I can brag about it when I get older and cranky.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
No, Cranky was my highest expectation, but the way they were hint hint, nudge nudge about it, and the fact that they dragged retro into it was a bit hopeful.

But yeah, Cranky was amazing. Duck Tales style gameplay is gonna be amazing combined with the precision platforming the series has.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Cranky Kong is actually trending worldwide on Twitter right now HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

4FF9xvZ.gif

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Broken Age did save this train wreck though,always up for a Schafer adventure game.
Edit: GoT by TT. Now this is worth staying up!

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Welp, the winners of the award categories are up: http://playeressence.com/vgx-2013-awards-full-list-of-winners/

I find it strange that GTAV won GotY despite only winning 2 awards: both this and best original soundtrack. I thought a game was suppose to win more than 2 awards in order to increase its chances to win GotY? Speaking of GotY, why did they have to reveal halfway in the show? I thought that's supposed to be saved near the end? Overall, VGX was pretty bad with all of this dude-bro nonsense they're trying to shove down our throats.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Spike award shows have always been very boring, but Nintendo missed a bid advertising chance and just showed Cranky Kong. I mean yeah, Tropical Freeze looks good and all, but it won't be a huge system seller for the "brodude" audience that Spike has. Even some old footage from Zelda U or Mario Kart 8 would've been better.

Nintendo can't advertise for ****. Concluded.

TY

I never was interested in awards at all... They dont make the game any different so why should we honestly care? Sure its cool to see your fave game getting one, but is it that important?

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Well on all copies made after that they have a shiny new sticker on them saying they won said award.

TY

Still its kinda utterly useless imo, but its good for the sales.

Its a shame Blizzard still didnt nerf, but buff the Oracle... It needs a nerf, and this explains why:
or im really good at keeping it alive xD

cir6oN0.jpg

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Spike award shows have always been very boring, but Nintendo missed a bid advertising chance and just showed Cranky Kong. I mean yeah, Tropical Freeze looks good and all, but it won't be a huge system seller for the "brodude" audience that Spike has. Even some old footage from Zelda U or Mario Kart 8 would've been better.

Nintendo can't advertise for ****. Concluded.
Nintendo already said it was only going to be a game that was previously revealed and close to completion, so DKC made sense. Also, they already stated that they're saving Zelda U for E3 2014, so you've been hyping for nothing. Besides, interest in Tropical Freeze has skyrocketed on Twitter, making it the most talked-about game this month, which means Nintendo is good at making unintentional advertisements via trolling the audience.

TY

Nintendo already said it was only going to be a game that was previously revealed and close to completion, so DKC made sense. Also, they already stated that they're saving Zelda U for E3 2014, so you've been hyping for nothing. Besides, interest in Tropical Freeze has skyrocketed on Twitter, making it the most talked-about game this month, which means Nintendo is good at making unintentional advertisements via trolling the audience.

Funny, i havent seen any talk about it anywhere on Twitter, nor being it trending (usually theres crap there that is "more important")

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
All I know is that if DKCR:TF is in February, April launch for Mario Kart makes sense, with Smash Bros either in July or September. Fall is probably for Bayonetta, X, and the like, maybe even a surprise Metroid. I have no idea though where the hell yarn yoshi fits in the grand scheme of things.

TY

I dont really pay attention to Nintendo releases myself... I just wanna know when the hell Borderlands 3 and StarCraft 2: Legacy of the Void gets released xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back