• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
So I was reading up on how FF7 is like the far future of FFX thanks to the Shinra connection and I was wondering. What if cloud is like Tidus' long in the future predecessor? Just think aloud, making head-canons.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Making me think about the FFX Remake which I have a whole 2 weeks booked of work to play haha.

I never actually thought of that before. They are taking suggestions on a possible FFX-3 and it could be possible to link the games together but I doubt it. To be honest I like the first games normally then each time after that it gets worse and worse.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Well FFX and FFVII take place on different planets (with X taking place on Spira and VII taking place on Gaia), and considering that Tidus probably never left Spira, I don't think there's really any connection there.

I'm getting X-2, and am thinking about getting X. My dislike of Tidus has lessened over the years, largely thanks to Duodecim, and since it's the international version, I'm willing to give it a go. Though, honestly, I wish SE would go back and make modern remakes of the original games. Given the cinematic for FFIV DS (which looks fantastic and, if you've never seen it, I recommend giving it a watch), they certainly have the mindset for it. It seems that they've resigned themselves to the idea that the pre-3D games should be simplistic and mostly the same, spanning mobile consoles. There's so much potential in innovative remakes, though. It's sad, really, because you don't see grand remakes like you used to.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Kazushige Nojima, the lead scenario designer in FF10-2 stated that Shinra (in FF10-2) was given huge financial backing from Rin and Shinra created machines attempting to siphon energy from deep within the farplane. But his technology was way ahead of his time. Later, by traveling to other planets, Shinras family down the line (FF7) were able to continue where he left off. (Mako Reactor and siphoning from the Lifestream) He said this would of happened in at least 1,000 years time.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Wait, different planets? I thought they took on the same planet! Ah well.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Maybe they do maybe they don't!
I don't understand what SE is doing, they are making sequels to the worst game in the franchise... the music is alright and Lightning gets some costumes for the fan service factor which is alright at least they didn't make it their selling point. Plus SE's always porting games onto the App store now like CAPCOM is, I wish they would make some good games.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
As long as FFXV doesn't end up on mobile, they're far better then crapcom. My god at that trainwreck called Breath of Fire 6, what the hell were they thinking? The people interested in the title are not interested in the game, and the people interested in the game don't give a damn about the series.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Eh, I'm looking forward to Lightning Returns. The concept's pretty cool, they seem to be getting their lore straight (a fix carried over from XIII-2), and they're really trying to innovate this time (in a way that will be a lot less divisive). XIII was highly experimental and XIII-2 was a chance at mending that experiment, to some degree of success. LR, however, seems to be their attempt at taking what was XIII and rewriting it, creating the universe that allows for development and revisitation (as well as tons of exploration, of course). They want people to like XIII, and this is their last chance to do so. So far, I like what I see, and I have little doubt that it'll be better than XIII and XIII-2.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Not gonna argue there, Lightning Returns is a major way to end the generation that nearly killed final fantasy. I just wish it wasn't exactly another reason to have lightning in a game, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Oh god Breath of Fire 6 XD
Wikipedia said:
the game is being created for touch-based Windows computers

That tells us that this game won't be good. I didn't really enjoy anything that came after 3.
Lightning Returns, isn't that the one that plays like Kingdom Hearts? That actually looks good as long as we don't run in a straight line for 26 hours.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
BOF4 wasn't that bad, I never completed it though. I really should get around to that at some point.

I fell out with the Lightening saga, it really got boring and the games felt so lacking to me.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I only played some of FF3 before via emulation, and Crystal Chronicles (all of Echoes of Time, some of another with friends for the GCN...?). Now I'm significantly through Bravely Default though and got FF3 and FF6 from friends to play through after I beat that too for Christmas. ~

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
Am i the only one who never played a single Final Fantasy game?

*feels embarassed*

*Raises hand in shame*

The closest I've played is Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 and Dragonquest IX (which I gave up on)..

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Oh god Breath of Fire 6 XD

That tells us that this game won't be good. I didn't really enjoy anything that came after 3.
Lightning Returns, isn't that the one that plays like Kingdom Hearts? That actually looks good as long as we don't run in a straight line for 26 hours.
Dragon Quarter was pretty good, despite the aesthetic shift. The reset system for multiple playthroughs was a great, if novel, concept, and its really satisfying pulling of a chain of events. As for BoF6, its not the touch controls, its the artstyle, the F2P microtransaction system, the village building bull, and god knows what else. Oh and no Ryu. How the hell do you go without Ryu?!
As for lightning returns, not really. Watch this to understand:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsoXoPE-9Hw
Its more like the ADB system of XII combined with the dressphere(but with real time changing), mixed in with some of XIIIs commands. Its a mess to explain, but its honestly one of the more interesting things the series has done. Oh, and the open world look of this game is excellent.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Am i the only one who never played a single Final Fantasy game?

*feels embarassed*

*Raises hand in shame*

The closest I've played is Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 and Dragonquest IX (which I gave up on)..
People will knock me for this but you're not missing much.

I'll take it a step further and say Kingdom Hearts is a bad franchise too. :x

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
That's not possible. KHIIFM is the series biggest saving grace, and one of the finest games out there. Excellent story, and the post game is just one of the most expansive JRPG post-games I've ever played. Its one of the only games if not the only that gives reason to grind up outside of the story to high levels for something rewarding.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
There's also Birth by Sleep, and God do I love that game. It was on the PSP, so it was originally inaccessible to me, but once I played it, I was hooked. Story-wise, I think it's the best one in the series (if not the best, the most emotional). The gameplay's fun, too, but the execution of the three stories was just fantastic, and I really have to give Nomura props for that. Not to mention that it had a fantastic opening cinematic, some of the most engaging characters to get players attached to in a single title, and it was just a fun game overall. It's probably my favorite, if not tied with KH2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back