• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TY

I need to go about doing that in FF7 myself. I have to finish it.

I just got GTAV and the iFruit app yesterday. I've mostly spend time on GTAO, though, I tend to get kicked off because of random errors. Quite annoying, for a game that's been out for a few months.

Well i had a error when going from GTAV from the start to GTAO, which can be fixed (annoying though) by restarting the game and just go to GTAO instantly instead of the single player. But yeah their servers still need some fixing since there are moments for me where everyone suddenly leaves

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
So I got my Wii U, ended up getting it with Wind Waker rather than Skylanders. I also got Super Mario 3D World and I ordered Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, so I'm gonna have some fun with that.

Also, if any of you have Wii Us, shoot me a friend request on there. My Friends List is pretty bare ;_;

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
When I started playing Final Fantasy 7 (around the age of 10) I didn't understand the game very well. So I would often skip battles and when I reached a tough boss I would wonder why I couldn't beat him, can you believe it?

Now I know, at the age of 21, I could of battled the bosses and enemies with dignity if I had at least battled every opponent I came to.

But when I was 17, I started playing FF7 again. And about after the time I got out of Midgar I started training 3 levels for every character. After getting to Costa del Sol, I realized this was too tasking. So I dialed it back to 2 level for every character.

And that where I started my systematic FF Series Training Method. The "2-Level-Per-Character" Training Method. The rules of this method are as followed.

TRAINING METHOD REGIMENT

- Train your current party 2 levels. (with the exception of Tim (Cloud) as he's forced to remain in the party at all times)

- When the party has successfully been trained two levels, switch the two party members for the next two via PHS and repeat the process.

- At every break in the World Map (Between towns), you will train for 2 levels, for every character you've recruited in that area.

- If the enemies inthe local portion of the World Map do not provide enough experience and will cause the method to take too long, you may move into the start of the next area and train there. (The Mt. Corel Railways and Mt. Nibel for example)

- If you knowingly skip a training area, then you must double your training methods for the next area. (So If I skip a portion of the World Map that I was intending to train at. I will have to level each character 4 times instead of 2. (SO BORING))

With the above method. Any boss I fight should be cake. And they usually are.

I've dealt with JENOVA • Life, Dyne, Rude & Reno, Gi Nattak, Materia Keeper and Palmer with incredible ease.

I remember the first time I worked with this method, I smoked Safer Sephiroth.

I'm just outside of Rocket Town and all my spells are level 3. Fire, Ice, Quake, Bolt and Bio.

I've implemented the same styles in FF8 and 6 and it's going rather well!

ALL HAIL THE 2-LEVELS-PER-CHARACTER METHOD!

Years
In other news, I started Drakengard today. Was not entirely prepared for this game, might have to let it go for a while to mentally prepare myself.

I'll warn you in advance, Drakengard can be quite grindy at times, more so if your looking to find and complete all the weapons, and other things that I don't want to mention in leiu of spoilers.

If you can get past that though, Drakengard has one of the darkest and interesting stories as far as that genre goes. (It takes heavy inspiration from Neon Genesis Evangelion, so if you've seen that anime, you might have an idea at what sort of direction this game takes) It's one of my guilty pleasure games for sure. The fact that every weapon has a backstory is super cool. Love it to tears even though many levels in that game frustrate me greatly.

If any of the plot elements get confusing, try looking up a plot synopsis, as the english version of the game cuts out parts of plot that were deemed um..idk...bad for english people I guess. It makes the story sort of disjointed because some of the cuts remove plot elements that were somewhatish important to understand the plot in some situations.

T!M said:
I've implemented the same styles in FF8

Doesn't overleveling in 8 end up hurting you a bit in the long run though? I know that monsters pretty much level up with you thoughout the game, and it's more based on how you set up your GF's and what magics you sync (I forgot the acually term the game uses) to your stats that acually mark your progress.

Man all this talk about FF7 through XII and Drakengard makes me want to pick them back up again... :)

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Doesn't overleveling in 8 end up hurting you a bit in the long run though? I know that monsters pretty much level up with you thoughout the game, and it's more based on how you set up your GF's and what magics you sync (I forgot the acually term the game uses) to your stats that acually mark your progress.

Man all this talk about FF7 through XII and Drakengard makes me want to pick them back up again... :)

I believe it's called Level Scaling. And I didn't know FF8 did that. If it does then, peace out brother, screw double leveling lol.

And Yes, I would recommend you picking up some FF7.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
I believe it's called Level Scaling. And I didn't know FF8 did that. If it does then, peace out brother, screw double leveling lol.
FF8 does indeed level scale. But levels don't really matter because the Junction system is so exploitable that you can have a level 21 with absurdly high stats.

Years
FF8 does indeed level scale. But levels don't really matter because the Junction system is so exploitable that you can have a level 21 with absurdly high stats.

The only thing I really remember needing to level for is if I wanted certain monsters to carry higher level spells to draw from, other then that, like you said before, just by juntioning and having the right GF skills you can pretty much build the character that you need, although I remember it being a rather lengthy process.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
although I remember it being a rather lengthy process.
Oh, it definitely was. It was a hassle to junction some of your stats due to the amount of magic stacks needed, because you would have to Draw magic hours on end on the same enemy to Junction your desired stat.

Honestly, this is one of the reason I'm not fond of FFVIII because it's version of grinding through the Draw/Junction is so darn tedious. Rewarding, but tedious.

Nakala Pri

Around the end of next/this month, I'm going to give trade in AC: New Leaf, a birthday present from my biggest brother. :P Already have a kick-ass file on my other brother's game and sassy villagers, though I was thinking... I kinda want my own town, with my own traditions, my own mayor, my own everything. Although I did a lot of work to get everything, I feel incomplete, and I think I know why.

My name, Arrietty.

Love/hate situation here, I don't want it but I do. :I And it's not like I have any other names I like better, though Cory/Tory are reeaaaally cute. And even if I DO find a name, what about the face???

1%20%281%29.png

1%20%287%29.png

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Around the end of next/this month, I'm going to give trade in AC: New Leaf, a birthday present from my biggest brother. :P Already have a kick-ass file on my other brother's game and sassy villagers, though I was thinking... I kinda want my own town, with my own traditions, my own mayor, my own everything. Although I did a lot of work to get everything, I feel incomplete, and I think I know why.

My name, Arrietty.

Love/hate situation here, I don't want it but I do. :I And it's not like I have any other names I like better, though Cory/Tory are reeaaaally cute. And even if I DO find a name, what about the face???

1%20%281%29.png

1%20%287%29.png

I'll warn you in advance, Drakengard can be quite grindy at times, more so if your looking to find and complete all the weapons, and other things that I don't want to mention in leiu of spoilers.

If you can get past that though, Drakengard has one of the darkest and interesting stories as far as that genre goes. (It takes heavy inspiration from Neon Genesis Evangelion, so if you've seen that anime, you might have an idea at what sort of direction this game takes) It's one of my guilty pleasure games for sure. The fact that every weapon has a backstory is super cool. Love it to tears even though many levels in that game frustrate me greatly.

If any of the plot elements get confusing, try looking up a plot synopsis, as the english version of the game cuts out parts of plot that were deemed um..idk...bad for english people I guess. It makes the story sort of disjointed because some of the cuts remove plot elements that were somewhatish important to understand the plot in some situations.
Yeah its the story that's throwing me off more then the gameplay. I've played most of the Dynasty Warriors, so the grinding isn't go be as bad as it would for anyone else, and the dragon bits are interesting enough. But the story, man. I've played Nier for a bit so I knew what I was getting into, but this is worse. Much worse.

Nakala Pri

Well, I won't start a new file on that one, but maybe my brother's, since I have permission and all.... buuuuuuut...

I DUNNO! D:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Yeah, start a new file. Animal Crossing always feels a bit more special when you get to start the town on your own. Everything and anything in their is a personal achievement, and a milestone of your progress.

Nakala Pri

But my sister has been playing my brother's file and we are both highly accomplished Weeder's who are both stunning and have beautiful fashion. ;-; If I delete that file, then I have to work myself up to fame aaaaall over again. Plus my sister won't be too happy, since she is the town's Florist, though the only colour she is interested in planting is pink cosmos, something which clashes with the autumn ground and the mostly neon blue houses.

And what differences would there be? Besides my face, name, the towns name, the town, the villagers and the work and effort I had to go through ALL over again. But as you said, owning your own town is funner then living in somebody else's. Still... I think I better hold a council meeting with the band of Siblings, make everything a little more easier.

And what about Rosie? The lil' blue cat which moved in yesterday? I NEED HER!! WE SHARE THE SAME NAME!! ;-; Plus Diva and Carmen are pretty rad. :P

Dudes, I need help, big time.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Yeah, once you get attached to an existing village I guess its over really. If you're also sharing the file it could be harder as well, so I honestly dunno. One of the perks of being the only gamer for miles.

Nakala Pri

My older brother gave me that game and he had ME in mind, and I love that game. If I were to sell that, I wouldn't be selling a game, I'd be selling a bit of affection. So nah, I'm gonna play that game! >:D

By Captain Hook or by cook. C:<

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Well then, that's settled I guess? If he gave you the game, then do with it what you want. I'm sure your sis won't mind.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Grinding your way through the hordes of enemies is what I meant.
Oh, didn't realize that Drakengard was an Action game. Before today I'd only ever known the name. Well I don't think that grinding should be a problem. One thing that I love about Action RPGs more than pretty much any other branch of RPG is that ARPGs are completely dependent on the player, and leveling only makes things either. Rarely will you not be able to hurt someone because you're too low a level, and in most of those cases they're still beatable.

So, in the traditional RPG sense, grinding shouldn't be necessary. Now, if by "grinding" you're referring to the point of the genre of "Crowd Fighting", well...I've been looking at the gameplay, and I can see why it'd be jarring. It seems to be much slower paced than other Crowd Fighters (especially thanks to the squads being of a smaller size), though not slow enough that I'd dismiss it entirely.

Also, since NGE was mentioned...is its plot similar in tone or in theme? By that I mean, is it just as dark as NGE or does it spout a lot of Christian themes and ideas the way Evangelion does?

Nakala Pri

Okay, started a new file, had the second face, named character Korrin and I'm a hundred-thousand-air with a cute kitty hood and some sass. C: And since I could connect with my brother's other New Leaf, I got a fancy new hairstyle and a Megaphone and stuff. Working out good so far! Thanks for the support/advice, guys! ^^

My villager's are kinda dull and my arch-enemy Tucker is moving in, so I'm particularly bummed out, since it's gonna take a month or two for him to move out. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back