• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Vigilus Anima

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
Years
  • Vigilus Anima

Preface

To clarify this is in fact a Pokemorph RP, but one like you have never seen before! (Or at least I havent!) Its complicated and I plan for it to have several serious adult themes so I'd prefer anyone RPing to be about 16 or older please. I hope everyone enjoys and no one is overwhelmed

Your World

You live in a world separate from the Pokemon world we know. In your world there is no Pokeball, there is not Elite Four or Pokemon Gym challenge, no Pokecenters to revitalize the weakened Pokemon of the world. Instead there are villages scattered across the continent; each of them with different varying levels of technology and organization but there is one thing that's true about them all; They all contain humans capable of binding themselves with the souls of Pokemon. Your relatively small village is on the edge of the continent and has been at peace with the surrounding villages for many generations. Recently though news of conflict between far away villages has spread rapidly... Hopefully all is well in the world of Pokemon.

What is a Pokesoul?

Its more than a method of control, more than a way of battle; it's a way of life, a means of spirituality and an alteration of humanity itself. When you decide to take part in adopting a Pokesoul you willing share a part of your own mind and your own physical form. It's a contract between man and beast, the Pokemon sacrifices its own form but unlocks a potential in a human to become more than what he could've ever been before. The more often the Pokesoul is drawn upon the more powerful it becomes and the more abilities its human can draw on, eventually the soul of the Pokemon might even evolve which drastically increases its power. The more powerful the soul of this Pokemon is then the more influence it has over the humans personality... Some even find their Pokesoul talking to them even when they aren't in use after many years of use.

How is a Pokesoul Stored?

When a human decides he wants the soul of Pokemon as his own, he has two options; He may win the Pokemons respect (Through battle or some sort of task to aid them) or he may force them to take part in relinquishing their soul, sometimes you may find that only one of these methods actually work and that Pokesouls may be more effective if obtained one way or another. Beware that using these methods might result in how heavily the soul affects your personality and can alter your morality altering how other people and pokemon react to you. Once the Pokemon gives up their soul then they must be bound to a trinket created by the human intent on controlling it. This trinket grows and changes as the power of the Pokesoul increases and might even change form entirely when the power is evoked. (For example a a ring could become a gauntlet overtime with training and that gauntlet might become full body armor when its power is evoked) The human host who originally bound the soul is the only person who can evoke its power but if that item is lost a human cannot use its power, if it is destroyed then the human must craft a new trinket to serve as a home for the lost soul and quickly.

Where You Come In

You are very special... Very special indeed; You have been chosen as a guardian. What is a guardian you ask? Where you come from they are of the most revered people around; every 15 years 8 children are chosen for their different abilities and capacity to exhibit certain traits to protect the village from any threat that may come its way. You've been trained since a young age in martial arts as well as education about the various Pokemon that exist throughout the world. Alongside you has been your faithful companion Pokemon (single Pokemon to clarify here) who will be the first Pokemon you choose to bond with and will become vital to your journey. Today is the day of your bonding and one of the existing guardians is going to teach you how to perform the ritual, hopefully all goes well...

Leveling and that whole thing:

Humans level just as Pokemon (Well much slower by comparison) do and there are 4 distinct Human classes, each of them learning slightly different abilities at different rates. These classes include:

Spiritualist

You focus primarily on utilizing all of your Pokesouls to their potential by mixing and matching their separate abilities at once. if your not using multiple Pokesouls then your quickly switching between them making you a much more versatile threat in combat. The downside to this is that your pokemon have to split their experience between them and that could lead to some slower leveling.
    Pros:
    -Easier to switch between Pokesouls

-Can recruit new Pokesouls early
    -Versatile
    Cons:
    -Slow Levelling
    -Strategy Dependant
    -Harder to bond with Pokesouls individually
    Notes: 3 souls total-

Bondist

You give each and every Pokesoul full devotion. You bond quicker with your Pokesouls and because of that they grow faster and you can gain more natural insight from them. Followers of this fate tend to be more heavily affected by their Pokesouls than most others and seem to reach individual potential much faster than normal. Regretably in order to do this you sacrifice the ability to use multiple souls at once or switch between them as early as you might have liked.
    Pros:
    -Easier to unlock Pokesouls true potential
    -Deeper bond with Pokesoul
    -More instinctual sense of combat
    Cons:
    -Loss of versatility in combat
    -Might take longer than usual to recruit new souls
    -Loses sense of individuality earlier
    Notes: Two souls total-

Jack-Of-All-Souls

Look at all those souls, you want them don't you? I mean how could you not they're so numerous and powerful... Well then it sounds like you're a Jack of all Trades. You quickly gain the capacity to control many souls but not all at once... but be warned you might find all these souls overwhelmingly hard to train together.
    Pros:
    -Highest capacity to control Pokesouls
    -Learn to control more pokesouls earlier than anyone else
    Cons:
    -Might find it extremely hard to bond with Pokesouls
    -Might be hard to level them all together
    Notes: 5 Pokesouls-

Beserker

You want to go all out, but you know you don't have the ability to defeat your enemies alone, you just cant... Even with the subtle help from your Pokesouls you find contact daunting... So why not let go.. Why not give in fully to instinct and let your Pokesoul do the fighting? Become the weapon of your Pokesouls choice and destroy anyone who crosses your path using their completely potential. Submit your body and become all powerful.
    Pros:
    -Very quick leveling
    -Extreme influence from your Pokesoul gives you an instinct for combat
    Cons:
    -You have little control over anything you do
    -Even when your not using your soul you tend to constantly feel their will urging you to do everything.
    Notes: 3 Pokesouls-

Pokemon; Evolutions, Moves, and Binding:

After you defeat a Pokemon in combat (Or befriend them in someway) if you intend on binding their soul then you must stop and make a "Ritual post" in which you bind the Pokemon to a trinket and feel the effects of its influence in your body... (You must confirm the binding with me before making a serious attempt.) As your Pokesoul gets more powerful you begin to be able to use more and more moves which are each individualized for your specifically depending on your weapon, Pokesoul, trinket, and class. Certain Pokemon have obscure methods for evolving and Pokesouls are no different; Any Pokemon that requires an item to evolve will require their Pokesouls trinket to be installed with said item, if the Pokemon need be traded then I chose when the Pokesoul evolves, Happiness is the same and for anything else you'll need to talk to me.

Vigilus Anima

Name: Simple enough... First Middle Last (Nothing to elaborate please)
    Appearance: Good sized, at least 2 Paragraphs detailing physical appearance and clothes
    Personality: Good 2 Paragraphs
    History: Try to invent your history without inventing the history of the world if you need help with this lemme know.
    Class: Of the four above.
    First Pokesoul: No Legendaries, no evolved Pokemon, No Pikachu line, Lucario line, Eevee, or Ditto... Also Gen 5 Pokemon are not only allowed but fully encouraged... NO SHINIES... ALSO INCLUDE FIRST TRINKET.
    Weapon/Fighting style: Make your choice, Real weapons and no guns or explosives... Keep it like martial arts weapons please.
    RP Example: Pretty straight forward

RULES

Rule 1: I am RP Master, I am god, what I say goes. If you have any problems please talk to me before making a fuss.
    Rule 2: No bunnying or godmodding (everyone loses sometimes kids)
    Rule 3: As soon as possible only post OOC stuff in OOC thread.
    Rule 4: Follow the basics we all know them, we all love them.
    Rule 5:To the best of your abilities use proper spelling and grammar.
    Rule 6: Be active!
    Rule 7: Keep the sexual activity on PG-13 level, violence is up to you but please lets not surpass sadism or try to fuse the two?
    Rule 8: This is chapter based, please follow the basic plot, talk to me if you get any ideas; I'm willing to listen!
    Rule 9: Reservations are good for 48 hours, and that is all, unless you ask for an extension and can provide a good reason then you are out of luck, sorry.

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
  • This sounds very interesting. Please reserve me!

EDIT: I think I'll go for the Spiritualist, as it would suit the character I plan to use. Also, what sort of time period is this set it? I know it says that the villages vary in technology, but I doubt we'll have one with lasers and robots and the other hurling rocks at eachother. Just thought I'd ask.

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
  • Okay so there are 5 reservations as of now, you four and my co-owner D-Puff, you all have 48 hours, good luck :D....

@THAT WONDERFUL PIXY GUY!- Thanks for the compliment, I've had this RP in my mind for about 2 years and was waiting for the perfect plot to use and the best timing to release it, I hope it meets your expectations!

@Grifspark- You'll be surprised at the differences these villages have, no there wont be robots but some are much more modern than others, the village you come from in the RP is going to be of a semi-modern technology, having electricity and the basics but no extravagant machines and that sort of stuff, the best technology your going to find is something on the level of a microwave and a modern stove :) The technological differences might even play an important part in the RP but more will be revealed as you move along.

EDIT:
    Several things, firstly your class need not reflect your personality... I put those little notes in because I thought they were funny and interesting ways to explain the classes, a Jack of All trades could love all of his Pokesouls but feel as though more is better not realizing it would be harder to mix with them...

Secondly, you wont actually be a Pokemorph until after the second chapter, at this point you just have a Pokemon you've had your entire life.

Thirdly, The only time you take up the physical features of your Pokesouls are when you use their powers, the more powerful they become the more influence they have on your natural appearance, the change is extremely subtle (except for immediatly after the innitial bonding, you might notice something like sharpening of teeth) all of the changes feel natural so theyre hard to notice unless after an extended length of time you compare what you look like now to a photo from the past...

If anything else needs to be clarified lemme know..

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • OK, I wanna join, i'll make a SU later. (also, yes i'm not 16, but I really don't care about adult themes, i can take anything[: )

Last edited:

TheClownsta

Metalhead
    Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2010
    I'm totally in, and I may have my sign-up in a little bit later than 48 hours, but it will be no more than 3 days, if that's fine with you.

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
  • @TheClownsta- You're reserved for 3 days, any more than that and I really cant hold it up much longer... Good luck.

@Nakuzami- So I've decided to do it like this, I got into my first RP's when I was twelve and I know how lame it is to not be allowed into a good RP but I need you to prove to me your able to keep up with this, if you can supply me with a really good RP example through private message then the spot is reserved for you.

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
  • This looks really interesting. Gotta join it.

Name: Sara Nichole Goodman
    Appearance: Sara is fairly tall, standing in at around 5 feet and 10 inches. Though a bit skinny, she still weighs in at around 160 wiith her height and muscle put in. Her face is round and her hair is a long, plain brown color. Sara's eyes are a deep green with some specks of grey in them. Her nose is of medium size as is her lips. She has a scar on collar bone, but it rare that anyone can see it.

Most of the time, Sara wears a blue, long sleeve shirt with the design of her village in white on the front. Over top of that is a dark gray vest with quite a few pockets. She has on a pair of dark blue pants with white stripes going down the side with black boots on her feet. On her left wrist she has a bunch of silver bracelets and wears black fingerless gloves. She also has on a choker but that will be explained later.
    Personality: Sara is a very activive girl who likes to hang around with people and is very cheerful. Many find that she is easy to talk to and can be a very good listener. She also likes to help people with their problems. However, this isn't always a good thing. Though Sara means well, often her over excitment she messes up what she's trying to do to help. Of course, it isn't all that uncommon to her to forget what she was even trying to do in the first place and just focus on the task she set herself up to do.

Natrually, that isn't her only fault. Sara can also get quite angry if someone does something she doesn't like or agree with. Though rare, it can turn violent. She also has bouts of extreme sadness or frustration when things aren't going the way she wants to or if things are just going wrong. Despite this, Sara is a very loyal person and will help a friend if they are in need.
    History: Sara lives in a small village in a forest. Though the village is fairly seculded, it is not completely isolated. They do have some trading with some villages outside of the woods. They also often get their money from hikers or rich coming to see the forest. The village itself is very traditional, with old pantings in a cave near by and a totem pole in the very centre of the town.

But enough of of history on the village, we are talking about Sara Goodman. Sara was born to a traveling merchant father and a nurse mother. With her dad bringing in a good chunk of the money the village gets and her mother taking care of a lot of the sick and injuried, it was safe to say that they were well respected. They had just as much voice in the town as many of the actual elders. Growing up, Sara didn't spend too much time with her parents since they were usually very busy. However, she was rarely ever alone since she often played with the other children of the village or else was with relatives.

When Sara was about 9, she found a lonely Hitomoshi a bit outside of her village hiding in the bushes. Feeling sympathy for the cute little candle, Sara took him home and nursed him back to health. A first, the elders disapproved of the keeping of the pokemon sine it was a fire type and their village mainly dealt with ice-types. But, luckily, her parents thought that having a pokemon around might be good for the girl so they convinced the elders of letting Sara keep the Hitomoshi. A bond quickly came between the two. Soon, this caught the attention of the Pokesouls of the village, who were basically gate keepers. They asked Sara if she wanted to be closer to Lumos (the Hitomoshi's name) and if she also wanted to protect the village. Naturally, Sara said that she wanted to.

After some arguments with her parents, Sara was put into training to become a Pokesoul with Lumos. Ten years have passed since then and she is now begining the ritual to become a true Pokesoul...
    Class: Bondist
    First Pokesoul: Hitomoshi (Named Lumos). Her trinket is a silver choker with a purple-fire design around her neck.
    Weapon/Fighting style: Sara has a pair of hook-swords and knows some basic street brawling.
    RP Example: The following is from a Kingdom Hearts RP Forum I used to be apart of. Not one of my best work but I did so much on that site that I really don't know what to pick. Anyways...

Spoiler:

(Hope this is good enough for you.)

Last edited:

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
  • @Charzeon- Well done so far, cant wait to see it done.

@Everyone- Well thats the last spot assuming Nakuzami is accepted and no one drops their reservations..... Get to working on those SU's :D

D-puff

Wooper Expert
    Years
  • Done =D

Name:: Derek A. Morgan

Appearance
    ::
    A bit on the tall side, Derek has a rather average build, his overall shape making him look big, though not menacing. He has shaggy light brown hair, a bit thicker on one side than the other.
    He's never seen without wearing his signature attire; A basic blue shirt, beige cargo pants, and sandals. Come cold weather however, he can be seen wearing a black sweatshirt, his sandals replaced with heavy boots.

Personality
    Derek isn't the most outgoing person. Not necessarily shy, but not stupid either. He can tell whether or not it's worth getting involved in a situation or not, and tends to avoid ones that he would rather not be a part of. He usually tries to let his heart overcome his fear, especially when a friend or loved one is involved, but this is usually more difficult for him than it sounds. However, he is an overall kind person, especially when you get to know him, and if you can get past his carefulness toward people, it won't take long to befriend him.
    He's usually one to be quiet before he's angry or upset, though still attempts to voice his opinion if possible. However, he doesn't have too much trust in his abilities, and often finds himself thinking over his actions too much instead of just acting, which can often lead to missed opportunities, or even getting himself into trouble.

History
    It was discovered at a young age that Derek would be a guardian. When he came in contact with his first Pokemon, the village knew something was special about him. The bond between Derek and his first Pokemon, Togepi, was instantly an insuperable one, as if they had been long time friends. And of course, as the years passed, this quickly became fact. Life was as a happy childhood should be.
    The thought of seeing the two apart was absurd, and any time they have been separated, it was catastrophic on both ends. As was the case with his training. Daily he would be taken away from his companion and brought to a training ground to be taught to battle. Needless to say, Togepi was on his mind the entire time, sometimes to the extent where it became detrimental to training. The only thing keeping him sane was having met another close friend in training; Josh, a fellow peer. They found themselves becoming quick friends, especially since they were all they had when training. though it was still clear who the better student was. Just as well, Togepi often spent time alone being silent and worried, often not even eating until Derek had returned. At first, it was all very confusing and infuriating to the two.
    As time passed, however, everything was explained to Derek. Of course, this knowledge only made their constant separation much more upsetting. When the training had finally come to an end, his master said it wouldn't be too long before he would have to merge his soul with Togepi's. For now, they spend their final moments together in their current physical forms before they become one, not taking a single moment for granted.

Class :: Bondist

First Pokesoul
    :: Togepi. Togepi's respective trinket will be his weapon; a staff carved from wood, later refined and styled as he grew older.

Weapon/Fighting style
    :: A medium sized white staff, tipped with a mysterious, radiant gem given to him by his teacher for reasons unknown to him upon completing his training. The gem glows a mysterious blue and red, radiating both power and emotion.

(Edits: Fixed mentioned mistakes, changed weapon, changed trinket)

Last edited:

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
  • @D-Puff- Go SU Co-Owner, you scraped by but just barely :P.. Naw it was good except for maybe your fighting style and that your Trinket wasn't made by you. Since I know you in real life and your the co-owner no need for an RP Sample, as of right now your ACCEPTED.

@Charzeon- Everything in your SU is perfect... Except for one thing... All of the RPers come from the same village which I havent described as of yet... So maybe change your history so it fits into the world a little bit more. (Just change the environment to a place that is in a really zen looking place with Bamboo and stuff) PM me if you need more help. Other than that your ACCEPTED

EDIT
    Also... A lot of people are making their trinkets necklaces, lets start to shy away from that from now on please, thanks!

Last edited:

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • I hope it meets my expectations too. n_n

Oh, and the trinket is a pen he wears like a necklace.

I'M SO ORIGINAL. /n____________n

Name: Lodovico "Vico" Enzo Silvio

Appearance: Being trained from a very young age, Vico is quite lean but not so bulky that he can't move swiftly. His jet black hair rolls down his forehead and goes to the side, while going half-way down his neck on the backside. His skin is somewhat pale, but not to the point where you might point out that he needs a tan. Vico is around five feet, seven inches. His hands are also noticeably smooth. And finally, his eye colour is hazel

On the clothes side of things, Vico is wearing comfortable, black jeans. He would never think of letting them sag so he always wears a nice, black, belt to keep it from going down too low. His sneakers are both black and white, they were both comfortable and still functional in not breaking down. His socks go just above his ankles and are eggshell white. His outfit is completed with a polo shirt. One that is horizontally striped and flips between beige and white. It also has the number 36 over the heart area in a simple, Arial-like font. It's as long as any average T-shirt. He'll always have his collar down and it buttoned all the way up. Finally, he has a golden, ball-point pen with a little necklace hole at the top at the end of a string around his neck.

Personality: Vico likes things to be perfect. He always tries to make sure things are done right. He detests failure and will make sure that all necessary precautions are taken so that things can be as good as they can possibly be. He also likes to give his all and then some. He'll give 200% and then give 210%. This ties in with his perfectionism, he will put his sweat, blood and tears into things. When he starts something he always makes sure to finish it to the best of his ability. He's also pretty smart. He always thinks critically and outside of the box. He always tries to find new and creative ways to solve his problems so that everything he does can be, you guessed it, perfect.

Although, Vico is quite bossy. The ultimate example of 'My way or the highway'. Although he does like things to be perfect, this has caused him to always want to take the helm and make sure no one does anything wrong. Also, he's pretty cocky and a pretty pretentious. He's always sure that he will be the one that comes out on top. He'll always expect that victory will always be right in his fingertips. He's also a bit of a snoop. He's always trying to act like Sherlock Holmes at any given interval. When he finds something that perplexes him, he'll go find out what it is, whether it's his business or not. His constant search for knowledge.

History: When Vico was young, both his parents wanted him to be a scholar. A doctor, a teacher, someone who used knowledge for power. His mother gave him a pen, a gold one, and she said that this pen would create his future. His four older siblings were also in that mindset. Because of that, Vico felt he was in the shadows. Needing to work harder as a way or proving his worth. So, he thought that a single mistake would only hinder him, so his mindset slowly shifted into the one he has right now. Secluded, closing himself off like some kind of king. But that's just how he saw it.

He spent a lot of his free time secluded in a nearby thicket. There weren't really many people who could stand him, even when he was a child. Quiet, secluded and reading. If he wasn't reading he was simply alone with his thoughts. Constantly thinking. Trying to make sure his brain was always in use. He would take out his golden, ball-point pen and click it or spin it. Soon, those movements attracted a Scyther. It floated over toward the clicking pen and began staring at it. Vico was intrigued at this specimen, and decided to test it. He stopped clicking for a moment to see its reaction. The Scyther stopped and looked down at Vico, looked back at the pen and tilted its head in confusion. Vico started spinning it and the Scyther was intrigued at this too. Though this seemed odd, this was the closest thing to a friend Vico had ever had. Day after day he would click the pen in different patterns, or spin it at different speeds, just to see what the Scyther would do. A strange connection between the two occurred, one neither can explain. Sometimes they would laugh, sometimes they would fall asleep under a tree. A strange, wordless relation was formed. All because of that little, golden, ball-point pen.

Class: Bondist

First Pokesoul: Scyther.

Trinket: A small, gold-coloured pen. The one his mother gave to him and the one that connected him and Sycther.

Weapon/Fighting style: A small hidden blade Vico keeps concealed. When he sees an opening, he'll use it effectively. Although, that's as a sneak attack, he'll mostly use his body as a weapon.

RP Example:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
  • @Charzeon- Very good thank you, sorry for my being so anal about the whole thing.

@D-Puff- Thank you as well sir.

@THAT WONDERFUL PIXY GUY!- Splendid SU good sir splendid, of course the necklace thing made my heart sad but oh well I'll live with it... Everything seems well in order although I'd like you to expand on what kind of martial art he uses when he's "Using his body as a weapon" Defining a style of some kind would be very helpful.. Oh yes and the pen had to be in some way made by the character (So idk he made the ink or he put it together or something) and of course your Accepted!

@Everyone- Bondist is officially off the list of usable character classes... There are four of them for a reason lol.

@@@EVERYONE- There is a reason I dont like everyone using necklaces is because these items are supposed to change just like the Pokemon when they evolve and become different, and ornate things around the neck tend to be more difficult to alter... On top of that I mean come on... You guys can make anything necklaces, rings, bracelets, weapons, masks, earrings, piercings... Anything... Get creative!!!

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • @Charzeon- Very good thank you, sorry for my being so anal about the whole thing.

@D-Puff- Thank you as well sir.

@THAT WONDERFUL PIXY GUY!- Splendid SU good sir splendid, of course the necklace thing made my heart sad but oh well I'll live with it... Everything seems well in order although I'd like you to expand on what kind of martial art he uses when he's "Using his body as a weapon" Defining a style of some kind would be very helpful.. Oh yes and the pen had to be in some way made by the character (So idk he made the ink or he put it together or something) and of course your Accepted!

I meant hand to hand combat. :D

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • here is my SU... sorry about the RP sample I have nothing right now I used to RP years ago on a forum, but those RPs are long gone.

Character Sheet:
    Spoiler:

Here is a "RP sample" basicly something I made up... if you need a real sample I'm in another RP here that is just waiting for its main thread to be approved so perhaps when that is up I can post something from there. It has nothing to do with Pokemon by the way.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back