• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Virginity/sex

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    First and foremost, please be somewhat mature about this topic. (Oh who am I kidding?) You don't have to go into much detail when answering any questions if you don't want to. I feel like sex shouldn't be such a taboo topic like people in my social circle make it out to be so I wanted to see PC's views about the topic.

Anywho, let's talk virginity. Are you a virgin? If no, how old were you when you lost it? Do you regret it at all?

If yes, is your virginity important to you?

For both, do you feel that sex is meant to be something that is intimate and special between two people, or do you feel that sex is just sex and whoever you have sex with determines the "specialness" of the activity?

Nidorina of Time Lord

Waiting for the Sun to come...
    Years
    I am a proud virgin and hope to be so for the rest of my life. I don't even want a Significant Other. I'm mostly asexual. I mean, I crush on guys sometimes, but I've never thought of someone in a sexual way. The whole idea of being naked with someone else makes me uncomfortable.

Norou

Drifting away into an illusion
    Years
    No I'm not a virgin, I lost my virginity around 17, yes I was too young but it was with someone I love. I'm still with him and we've been together for over three years. Losing your virginity isn't what its cracked up to be, you shouldn't rush it and you shouldn't worry about it. I would never do it with someone that I didn't care about. Just be safe and don't worry about it, even if you're 30 and still a virgin it doesn't matter.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I'm not a virgin, and I lost my virginity at age 16. Considering that I was young and in high school I regret it a little, but man shit happens and I can't go back and fix it.

As far as the second question goes, I feel like it depends on the individual. I know quite a few people who feel as if sex is some special ritual that you only do when you find "the one" and tie the know or whatever, but for me it's just another thing that most humans do and I cannot really say that I hold it in high regard. I mean, I am in no way saying that I'd go around and whore myself out or anything of that nature, but I guess that I'm trying to reinforce the point you stated in the OP and say that the person you do it with does in fact determine how special it is to you.

Ashes to Ashes

Serenade of Cerne
    Years
    Sex is pleasure. I dont see any reason to keep it intimate or to just one person. I dont even remember losing my virginity.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I thought user God was supposed to make the sex threads

right
    I thought I had a monopoly on sexuality on pokecommunity.com

let's see
    I'm not a virgin, I lost that little title at 18 back in 2012. But that experience & all other sexual experiences were me experimenting to see what sex was about and if there was anything I did like sexually. Five guys and many, many kinky scenarios later and I was still feeling exactly the same as I did when I first lost my virginity - repulsed. It never left me feeling healthy, let alone satisfied. Quite frankly, it was all sweat and no benefits. I've never felt physical attraction towards another person and combined with my distaste for physical contact in general, it was easy for me to just stop it all.
    I suppose I could say I'm asexual, but one who did their homework.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I guess I should answer my own question.

I lost my virginity this year at 19 years old. I don't regret it at all. I believe that sex is a pleasure and the person you have sex with determines if it is special or not. Sex is like a pizza, even if it's bad, it's still pretty good.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I'm not a virgin. I lost mine when I was 17 on my birthday. Hah, I was specific on that. xD I do regret it because it was meant to be for someone special. I fell pretty hard for the guy, and now he has my virginity and can't get it back. I do try to keep it as a secret from my mom's side of the family, because they believe in the whole "you should have sex after you get married" kind of thing.

I had different thoughts about sex when I was dating (both previous boyfriend and current boyfriend). Here's my straightforward opinion: as long as you know what you're doing in terms of protection, then you should be okay. I was paranoid about it because I've read articles about STDs and pregnancy and such. But, it's all about protecting yourself and your health, really. I've learned that sex actually helps build intimacy between you and your partner/soulmate. It's more than just 'making love'. It's an intimate way of getting to know your partner's soul. I don't want to go into the nitty gritty, but my relationship with my current boyfriend is pretty solid in an intimate manner.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I lost my virginity at 17 and thought it was such a big deal. But really it wasn't and I regret not doing stuff sooner. Missed out on a lot of good opportunities.

Sirfetch’d

I am still a virgin and it's not because I am saving myself or anything but I have not really had the opportunity arise. I am actually not all too interested in sex anyways. I know it's pleasuring but it's not something I prioritize at all.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    This thread's pretty real, all y'all losing it in high school, while I was sitting around on my ass, not even thinking that people my age were doing stuff

I don't think it's important really, but I've got a lot of other firsts that I'd assume come first.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I lost it when I was 18. I've always been interested in sex or anything sexual tbh. I've just always been a sexually charged person for some reason. When I finally did have sex I literally thought "this is everything I thought it would be!!!" I enjoy everything about it.

I think sex is one of those things where if you feel it's an intimate thing then that's fine and if you feel it's a thing to be shared with whoever that's fine too. It's just a preference really. I care to an extent. I wouldn't have sex with just anyone, I like to at least get to know the person a bit, but there doesn't have to be anything special between us. I don't regret any of the people I've been with. I think it's fun having sex with someone new and seeing what they're like. I think I've already been with a pretty diverse group of people so far and each one was so unique. It's interesting, fun, and I just love sex in general so there you have it.

I guess I should answer my own question.

I lost my virginity this year at 19 years old. I don't regret it at all. I believe that sex is a pleasure and the person you have sex with determines if it is special or not. Sex is like a pizza, even if it's bad, it's still pretty good.

Also I can say that is not a true statement. There's bad sex where it's like "well that was boring, but I still got what I wanted so" and then there's "I don't even know if I want to count that" sex. TRUST AND BELIEVE

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Also I can say that is not a true statement. There's bad sex where it's like "well that was boring, but I still got what I wanted so" and then there's "I don't even know if I want to count that" sex. TRUST AND BELIEVE

Hey man, my analogy ain't fact. It's all subjective.

Years
    Welp, I'm still a virgin. .

The whole thought process when I was 14 was ' wait until marriage ', when I was 19 the process reflected around something a bit more lenient such as ' Find the right person ', around 22'ish I realized I missed my windows of opportunity to make sex something ' special '. I've reached the point where I don't even want sex anymore, I mean other than ' pleasure ' there's really no significant reason especially because I can have my personal pleasure that suffices for me.

I mean, considering the fact that I don't believe in marriage as I once did. I'm not fond of anyone to the extent I would risk having ' unsuspecting ' children with, It's become such a big spectacle now and I'm exhausted waiting for a ' reason ' and to just do it without reason would just nullify the purpose to begin with. It leaves me at an impasse which will probably result in dying a virgin. The older I get the less I'm interested in sex. =| I wish I had done it when I was offered so so so long ago, but whats done is done.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back