• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Virginity/sex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    "Are you a virgin? If no, how old were you when you lost it? Do you regret it at all?"

No, I lost my virginity when I was 18. I lost it to my fiance, this was back when we dated for the first time.
    And no, I don't regret it all.

"do you feel that sex is meant to be something that is intimate and special between two people, or do you feel that sex is just sex and whoever you have sex with determines the "specialness" of the activity?"

The first one. I think people should save sex for people they truly love, but I don't have anything against anyone that has it simply for pleasure.

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
    Years
    I'm a virgin because of my own lack of self confidence. I have had a great amount of opportunities to lose it and I always cower out at the last minute, or earlier in some cases.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    I've not had sex. Virginity is some weird social construct that exists only in the minds of other people. People can be sexual virgins, murder virgins, skating virgins, you could apply the concept to anything. Sure, sex is required for reproduction and the continuation of our species, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it has to be had?

I'm much more concerned about finding someone that fits me well rather than a notch on the bedpost. It would be too easy for me to find someone to fuck for the sake of fucking and for the sake of having one night of "joy". But the way I'm inclined that doesn't suit me.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Still a virgin, as I'm still looking for a girlfriend to be together with. My social awkwardness, however, prevents me from getting proper conversations with a woman irl.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Yeah I think Virginity is a weird thing we care about :<. It's an odd label. In school it might be a weird stigma, as an adult perhaps more so if its public knowledge. What does it matter? ^_^.

Yukari

Considering that I'm an aromantic asexual, guess whether or not I'm a virgin!

In case it wasn't obvious yes I'm a virgin, and no I have no intention of changing that as I have no interest in sex or anything sexual actually. I haven't even kissed anyone yet.

Years
    I made a conscious decision that I wasn't going to lose my virginity before 17, and then proceeded to lose my virginity at 17. I wasn't prepared to have sex with someone who I wasn't serious about and who wasn't serious about me. I have never liked the idea of exposing myself in that way only to be gossiped about later. As a result, I never had sex with any guys in highschool (way too immature). I lost my virginity to a guy who was in university, after a number of months together and after we were both in love - we're married now. As a result I've only had one sexual partner, which I'm pretty chuffed about.

The virginity itself wasn't something that I considered to be important or "sacred", as some people seem to consider it. I was more concerned about motive for sex and the aftermath. Attitude to sex changes as you get older though - it's much less a big deal once you get into your 20s. I think sex is important for a healthy relationship, though.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Regret is for the weak - if you did it it was because you were horny and wanted to do it, so short of pregnancy or incurable STD, there's really no reason for regret. If you're going to cry over the fact that this has ruined your life simply because it wasn't special enough when there were literally no other consequences then you never really deserved the sex in the first place.

Years
    I lost mine two or so years ago to my current boyfriend. Never really had a strong sex drive but it's a great experience when it's with someone I like and I don't regret it, of course. For the longest time I thought I was asexual and not interested in anyone but then I met him and things took a complete 180. Those first few times were aaawkward and we still have to work past it and learn what pleases the other person (since we don't see each other as often as I'd like right now, currently being long distance).

Sex to me is something I'd like to experience with the person I love and not engage in it for fun since I'm just.. not that kind of person and don't have interest unless I have a connection with someone. To each their own but that's my side of it, haha. But I think it's an important part of a healthy relationship so I don't see myself wanting to abstain.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    maybe I can respond to this again without someone getting their panties in a bunch

but basically, having sex for its own sake is really boring, and would make me feel inordinately empty. I don't mind the idea of polyamory, and I still think love should be between two people, but... sex creates a bond of sorts, chemically. and I value that, I value the emotions and primal satisfactions more than any social norm or whathaveyou.

as far as virginity goes, I do get bugged a bit when it's a one-way loss. but in reality I don't care when it's someone I love, let's do it and not look back. who cares, right? We're together, let's get to it lol.

I find it critical that sex be treated as a partnership, so that feeling of emptiness doesn't overcome the act. I really don't care who you fuck, how you do it, with how many people, of whatever gender or orientation, as long as it matters, you know? Did it really feel worth it? Or was it just another thing that passed?

And besides, in the practical sense of things once you've had sex with the same person more than a few times, it becomes insanely more enjoyable as you learn each others preferences and sweet spots of sorts.

As for whether I've done it, no. Not yet. But that's not to say I would be ignorant when I jump in! Sex is one of those things that some folks just lose common sense over, getting swept up in the heat of the moments. I could be wrong though. You know how firsts are with anything.

That's why it's really funny seeing comedians like Key & Peele spell out how to please women on TV and such. "It's right there. How can you miss it? How!?" xD

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    with the dangers of pregnancy, potential mess to clean and a seemingly endless supply of STDs why even risk it

just play pokemon, just breed your pokemon if you gotta get it outta your system

I'm pretty sure I have never ever met a European that values virginity in any way at all

Years
    No, I am not a virgin. I lost my virginity when I was about... 19 I think? Maybe 20. I've had some opportunities where I could have lost my virginity earlier, but I guess I didn't feel ready. I dunno.

Also no, I do not regret it.

Attribule

Veteran Wall-Worker/WW3 Survivor - AMA
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    Regret is for the weak - if you did it it was because you were horny and wanted to do it, so short of pregnancy or incurable STD, there's really no reason for regret. If you're going to cry over the fact that this has ruined your life simply because it wasn't special enough when there were literally no other consequences then you never really deserved the sex in the first place.

By your logic nobody is allowed to regret anything they do in their lives, ever. Regret means you did something at the time you thought you wanted to do, but in hindsight you wish you didn't do. There is in fact consequences, which is why a person would feel regret to begin with. Even having that mental distress alone is a consequence.

What if somebody was manipulated into having sex? At the time they thought they wanted it, and they may not have necessarily been physically injured, gotten pregnant or contracted any STD from it, but in hindsight they still wish they just waited to be in a healthy relationship instead. Honestly, the reason a lot of people have sex and regret it is because at the time they thought they were in a better relationship than they were.

Saying a person can't regret something because at some point they wanted it is illogical. I don't think you "deserve" sex. You're an idiot.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016

so because people can regret sex, they don't deserve to have it? sounds perfectly logical.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    You're an idiot.

But I got really good marks at school :(

Nah, I just have this "God I'm so sick of people whining about everything" attitude and it's grown so intense despite myself that I've developed this bad habit of letting it get away from me and inserting it into places where it doesn't necessarily belong. Sorry about that.

So, uh... awkward question but... now that I've admitted that, do I deserve sex again? Or will I have to contact your righteous anger directly to reacquire my clearance?

Last edited:

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    But I got really good marks at school :(
    The schoolhouse is just a mass brainwashing facility designed to manufacture dead, conformist consumers for our wasteful, lifeless, capitalist society. The grades are a measure of obedience, so you're obviously an idiot for having an opinion Andy. /s

Her

Years
    • Online now
    The schoolhouse is just a mass brainwashing facility designed to manufacture dead, conformist consumers for our wasteful, lifeless, capitalist society. The grades are a measure of obedience, so you're obviously an idiot for having an opinion Andy. /s

Virginity/sex

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    So, uh... awkward question but... now that I've admitted that, do I deserve sex again? Or will I have to contact your righteous anger directly to reacquire my clearance?

have you tried asking God?

i hear she's pretty lenient to the undeserving.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    I lost my virginity when I when I was 11 years old and I don't regret it at all.

Only issue is that none of my friends know and they all think I lost it when I as 15/16 but in reality I lost it back when they were playing with their barbies and worrying about what high school to go to.

Sex to me was never something I saw special or important, maybe one day it will, but for now it's just sex.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back