• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Visting other regions

Status
Not open for further replies.

orange discontent

pogeymans?
    Years
    I hope not. I want Gamefreak to work on fleshing out a new region, not hold onto the nostalgic currents of an old one. Besides, why would they have only Hoenn as an option to visit and not the entire PokeNation (in b4 red gyarados/team baddie/volcanic eruption or whatever blocked out the other three!)? Isshu is supposedly so far, it's in a completely different nation. If I went to Hoenn from Isshu, I'd want to go to Kanto, Johto, and Sinnoh, too.

I think, however, they should do it on a console game rather than a main game, with a different storyline than catch-dem-all or a different game mechanic all together. Second gen. Kanto is so dry, encountering level 15 drowzee and fighting level 45 trainers. Imagine if they did that all the way to Sinnoh. Level 20 bidoof and level 95 trainers? Ridiculous.

Years
    What I don't under stand is this. After Johto,that is when huge amounts of people stopped liking pokemon,but now Hoenn looks like is the most favorite over the rests.

I'm pretty sure we will have re makes of Hoenn next year or year after.
    That, my friend, is called nostalgia, you also have the people who have loved Hoenn all along. Unfortunately you also have some die-hard Gen 1/2 fans that refuse to accept anything after said generations. (Please don't get offended by something like that. -.-)

Hoenn may have sold a couple millions less than the other games (Not including remakes), but hey, RS alone were the best selling GBA games, and approximately the 20th best selling console games of all time. Throw Emerald into the mix and you just know that people are going to lap it up.

What if they decided to throw Johto into an RS(E) remake? If RSE really takes place the same time as RBGY it could be the opposite of Kanto in GSC. I know this would please tons of fans.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    I saw that there was an airport (At least that's what everyone decided upon last I checked, though it could have changed), though I doubt it will be to another region, unless it were like Sevii in FRLG. And not the exact thing, but something like it, or something like the Battle Zone/Frontier in Emerald and D/P/Pt.

Hydrath

Pokemon Pirate/Water Trainer
    Years
    some have argued that the gamecards are too small for for a DS game too have all regions, which is untrue. Any idea how a game is made? or how what really is taking up all that data? most of the data usage comes from pictures and 3D models. Lines or codes are minimal compared to pictures, sound and video. So, lets say a pokemon game take's up 40mb of data and they decide to add another region you dont need another 40mb of data because they just reuse most of the sprites and stuff that's already in the game card.

Game cards can also be expanded. The 3DS for example is using the same gamecards as the DS and is starting out with 2GB compacity. Ever go to buy an SD card at the store? all the same size but some have more memory then others? The main reason why it's best to use the smallest memory card possible for games is too keep the Cost of Goods sold down and make more profit.

As for games actually having other regions... that is a feature that when trashed in RSE is what caused a lot of the hate and disappointment. Being able to go back to Kanto in GSC was epic, if RSE had that then RSE would have be called better then GSC.

If ishuu can go back to other regions like kanto and hoenn then im sold, otherwise I'll wait for somethign better. I already got one pokemon game on DS and I wont wanna spend money on another when 3DS is just around the corner.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I saw that there was an airport (At least that's what everyone decided upon last I checked, though it could have changed), though I doubt it will be to another region, unless it were like Sevii in FRLG. And not the exact thing, but something like it, or something like the Battle Zone/Frontier in Emerald and D/P/Pt.

I think the airport is most likely to get to Isshu, rather than leave it.

KanadeTenshi

Banned
    Years
    If they made it so remakes will be kinda pointless though. I forgot how much SS takes up but I'm sure it's not less than 128MB, maybe 256MB. But with the new Pokemon, moves, and such I think having more than one region is just too much perhaps. Sure, you might be super enthuanism gifted gamers, but the same adventure I had in 1st/2nd/3rd/4th gen in Kanto, again? No thank you. I'm way too lazy to just do this with Johto.

Besides, one new region is already enough. We don't know too much about the games so lets not speculate if more regions appear. Also, the new ones look much more different than the current ones too. So it'll be a bit out of place.

Hydrath

Pokemon Pirate/Water Trainer
    Years
    If they made it so remakes will be kinda pointless though. I forgot how much SS takes up but I'm sure it's not less than 128MB, maybe 256MB. But with the new Pokemon, moves, and such I think having more than one region is just too much perhaps. Sure, you might be super enthuanism gifted gamers, but the same adventure I had in 1st/2nd/3rd/4th gen in Kanto, again? No thank you. I'm way too lazy to just do this with Johto.

Besides, one new region is already enough. We don't know too much about the games so lets not speculate if more regions appear. Also, the new ones look much more different than the current ones too. So it'll be a bit out of place.
    I dont think you understand clearly enough. Other regions would be an added feature, Johto continued it's adventure in kanto. For all we know Isshu won't continue it's adventure to another region it would be a whole to story. Not to mention if it's done right it could be fun. Branch off to the region you want :)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I wouldn't like to visit a whole new region after Isshu, assuming that Isshu itself is a complex region with a story that is going to keep us there. I hope the level climb is also enough so that by the end we're lv 60+ rather than the double regions (Johto's) 40 :\.

I would prefer special regions in isshu to be unlocked, special tasks/mini missions and not just Battle Tower and stuff :\ I don't get the excitement of that, I want to explore!

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    I don't think traveling to the other regions in these games would be a smart idea. From the looks of it there trying to get a fresh start from the previous gens, with the whole far away thing, the starting over from route 1 etc.

That being said I do believe that when pokemon finally does come to an end many many years down the road, they should create a massive online game where you can travel to every region collecting every badge and competing in league tournaments etc.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Isshu is good enough for me. Doubt we'll be able to visit another region, they're far away, right?

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    some have argued that the gamecards are too small for for a DS game too have all regions, which is untrue. Any idea how a game is made? or how what really is taking up all that data? most of the data usage comes from pictures and 3D models. Lines or codes are minimal compared to pictures, sound and video. So, lets say a pokemon game take's up 40mb of data and they decide to add another region you dont need another 40mb of data because they just reuse most of the sprites and stuff that's already in the game card.

Game cards can also be expanded. The 3DS for example is using the same gamecards as the DS and is starting out with 2GB compacity. Ever go to buy an SD card at the store? all the same size but some have more memory then others? The main reason why it's best to use the smallest memory card possible for games is too keep the Cost of Goods sold down and make more profit.

As for games actually having other regions... that is a feature that when trashed in RSE is what caused a lot of the hate and disappointment. Being able to go back to Kanto in GSC was epic, if RSE had that then RSE would have be called better then GSC.

If ishuu can go back to other regions like kanto and hoenn then im sold, otherwise I'll wait for somethign better. I already got one pokemon game on DS and I wont wanna spend money on another when 3DS is just around the corner.

To have every region in the game your team would be around lvl 20 for the 8th gym leader of your starting region.

Years
    I would like this to be like Hoenn and Sinnoh.

No region connections, just a new region, new pokemon, new fun for everyone!

Hey, that rhymes!

Droidz

¬‿¬
    Years
    I think that considering that this region is too far off the others we probably won't be able to visit them, but that's not to say it wouldn't be an awesome idea.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    I pretty much wrote a book on this (Random notes in a notebook and hours of thought into the matter). If you start a t Kanto, go through the classic story then go to Johto. But your Pokemon must be left behind in Kanto for safety reasons of your transportation to Johto. Then when you get to Johto--oops! PCs aren't connected to Johto. So you get a new starter and continue the Johto part of the story from G/S (With elements from HG/SS of course) and then you beat the Pokemon league (Where the battle frontier is in Johto) and then the PCs are connected (like Cecilio [or whatever his name was] did in FR/LG to connect to Hoen) then this pattern continues--go to Hoen, then Sinnoh, with new Pokemon every time until you beat the E4 the regions will be go-betweenable. IDK if that made any sense, but it made sense to me. And I called the original concept "Rainbow Version" lol. I suppose with Isshu out now it could be included... but that's pretty much what I wanna see in a quick overview. Not sure how there would be an opposite to Rainbow though for the 2nd version. And I once brought this up on Serebii but was shot down because it wouldn't me profitable for Nintendo... but anyways, for now, Black and White should stay Ishuu and Ishuu only.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    Isshu is supposedly based off of NY, the other regions are in Asia, so a plane would be the only plausible method of visiting the other regions. But I agree with Twilight Sky, no intermingling of regions this time Game Freak, please?

Yeah I would have to agree. The only way another area would be accessable would be via the airport we have seen in scans. One part of me wants to visit another area because I loved how it worked out in Gold/Silver, however seeing as Black and White is supposed to be fresh, I don't see it happening. However Gen 6 would most likely see a return to Isshu.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    I would love to visit all of the other regions, but I highly doubt they would include this feature in BW. I don't think there is enough space on the NDS cartridge to hold all of that data....

Fed

Battling on Wi-Fi.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2010
    Kanto

Kanto has managed to make its way into every single generation. I dont know if this is on purpose or just a coincidence, but I really like how I can see the first region of Pokemon portrayed in the different graphics of every different generation.

Do you guys think Kanto will make a 5th Gen appearance?

PKMN Trainer Silver

PKMN Master
    Years
    I hope not. Just give us the Battle Tower and some more post League stuff,and a revamped Pokemon League and we'll be good. Maybe leave the legends till after the Pokemon League

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    I think this Gen they should have 2 regions, like in Gen II. I've wanted this since the Gen III games only provided us with one region. They should make it Hoenn or Sinnoh instead of Kanto though, just because it hasn't been done yet and would be a fresh idea.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back