• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Visting other regions

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Why Johto? We just had HeartGold and SoulSilver...

I wouldn't mind going to Hoenn. I don't think they need remakes because they can still function with gen IV (pal park)
    Well they don't function for the DSI or 3DS...so they might as well remake them :).
    Well we had Kanto in gen 1 the kanto in gen II then we had a break from Kanto in gen 3 then Kanto again then we had another break that lasted 4 games thank goodness then we had Kanto again :tired: so why not Johto?

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Isnt Isshu supposed to be very far away from the other regions, making travel to Hoenn very unlikely?

Not really because it is explained that to get to other regions you must fly or boat there and why would they mak a big deal about a new method of transportation and have an airport in the region if it had no use? Also I was only suggestion hoenn. I like the idea as a different small region like the sevvie islands in the frlg remakes.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    If this plane actually takes you anywhere, I doubt it will be different than boats of the previous regions. They didn't take you to other regions did they? :p

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I'd rather them just concentrate on making a larger stand alone game. I'm getting a little tired of remakes
    Agreed. I liked the post-game areas in the Sinnoh games (especially Platinum's take on it), that was just fine on its own without relying on something in the past. This is supposed to be a sort of refreshed and new Pokemon game, it'd be going against that ideal to revisit the older stuff right now. We can get all the Hoenn Pokemon from the DS games anyway, there's pretty much zero reason to even have another remake, at least not for several generations.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Well they don't function for the DSI or 3DS...so they might as well remake them :).
    Well we had Kanto in gen 1 the kanto in gen II then we had a break from Kanto in gen 3 then Kanto again then we had another break that lasted 4 games thank goodness then we had Kanto again :tired: so why not Johto?

I hope money isnt wasted making any more remakes. Especially not of Hoenn.

I want time and money to be spent on New Generations, not rehashes of old ones.

Years
    Well they care about money and considering how much money HGSS got despite being remakes they will most likely make RSE remakes. Actually RS sold quite high the were surpassed by DP though and I think the higest was GS? Well they want money for remakes I'll give it to them gladly :)

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Well they care about money and considering how much money HGSS got despite being remakes they will most likely make RSE remakes. Actually RS sold quite high the were surpassed by DP though and I think the higest was GS? Well they want money for remakes I'll give it to them gladly :)

RSE were surpassed by all generations in terms of sales. The majority of Pokemon fans hate the region of Hoenn. Why would they make a remake of a region that the majority of their fans disliked? WAY TOO MUCH WATER. I am okay with the pokemon but the layout of the region ticked me off.

HG/SS made a lot of money because the 2nd generation is the majority's favorite.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    To clarify, they can get bigger sized cartridges, normal ones support around 32MB or whatever, then theres a 64MB one I believe, and games like Dragon Quest 9 have gotten custom ones(last I heard it was around a 1G cartridge lol)

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
    RSE were surpassed by all generations in terms of sales. The majority of Pokemon fans hate the region of Hoenn. Why would they make a remake of a region that the majority of their fans disliked? WAY TOO MUCH WATER. I am okay with the pokemon but the layout of the region ticked me off.

HG/SS made a lot of money because the 2nd generation is the majority's favorite.

Er, Perhaps a majority of the fans here; Emerald sold great, and Game Freak / Nintendo will always have remakes, can't stop them. I know that here in my city, everytime I went to go get a copy of Emerald, everyone said they were sold out. Took me a month and a half to get it by shipment.

I do not want Hoenn condensed into a game where it's just about the gym leaders, they deserve a remake. Hoenn was what brought on a solid plotline that surpassed G/S/C and R/B/Y. By a solid plotline, I meant more intense and dynamic.

Years
    Er, Perhaps a majority of the fans here; Emerald sold great, and Game Freak / Nintendo will always have remakes, can't stop them. I know that here in my city, everytime I went to go get a copy of Emerald, everyone said they were sold out. Took me a month and a half to get it by shipment.

I do not want Hoenn condensed into a game where it's just about the gym leaders, they deserve a remake. Hoenn was what brought on a solid plotline that surpassed G/S/C and R/B/Y. By a solid plotline, I meant more intense and dynamic.
    Yes that's why I want a remake, I loved the story the adventure, yes I am stuck in Nostalgia glasses but I also want them to do a better job with the remakes than they have with BW :P

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years

Because everyone hates the game after their favourite. GSC was many people's favourite, so they hated RSE, because it wasn't GSC. That and Mystery Dungeon was surpassed by the rest of their games, yet they still made sequels. They made multiple for Ranger. One of those two was beaten by the other. They still made sequels.

Years
    Why does so many people hate Hoenn? It's easily my favorite region.

Hoenn gets a bad rap because it was a transitional game, that moved away from the original kanto/johto thing. it added a bunch of new stuff to the pokemon world, and served as a stepping stone for the new generation of wireless connectifity and stuff, and it took the hit from the fans. i personally liked hoenn too, and id be glad to see a remake

Also, with the time capsule thing in B&W, i dont think headed to an old region is gonna happen

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back