• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Month] Voting - February 2015

Hack of the Month

• [URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=339558]Pokémon Shining Waters/Hazing Flames[/URL]

Votes: 42 47.2%
  • [URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=309293]Pokémon Maize Version[/URL]

Votes: 28 31.5%
  • [URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=331358]The Legend of Zelda: Sacred Paradox[/URL]

Votes: 19 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hack of the Month Voting - February 2015

This is a monthly ROM Hack contest to promote our community's hacks. ROM Hacking moderators will pick three hacks each month, and you members will have until the next month to vote for your Hack of the Month. The winner hack's thread will be stickied for a month, until the next month's winner is announced. You may suggest hacks you'd like to see in the following month's contest in this thread.

Eligible hacks

• Pokémon Shining Waters/Hazing Flames by reshilegend
      Voting - February 2015
      Voting - February 2015
      Voting - February 2015
    • Pokémon Maize Version by ShantyTown
      Voting - February 2015
      Voting - February 2015
      Voting - February 2015
    • The Legend of Zelda: Sacred Paradox by Meowth
      Voting - February 2015
      Voting - February 2015
      Voting - February 2015

Rules

• You may only vote once per month.
    • Asking or bribing others to vote for your hack is not allowed.
    • Creating new accounts to vote multiple times is not allowed and will be dealt with accordingly.
    • Voting is done via the poll not by posting in this thread, votes in the form of posts will not be counted.
    • Don't complain that your hack was not chosen this month.

Last edited:
    Years
  • How/who picks the hack?

ROM Hacking moderators will pick three hacks each month
    You may suggest hacks you'd like to see in the following month's contest in this thread.

also, why wasn't there one during January?
    Hack of the Year was the competition with the most focus from around September 2014 to January 2015, but as that is drawing to a close now, Hack of the Month can return.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Shining Waters/Hazing Flames: It has beautiful visuals, and it looks like a lot of work has been put into it, but that's all there is to it really. I'm not a big fan of fakemon, though they do give the game a different feel, but I would like to see them used along with some of the existing Pokémon as well. It looks very promising, but the story doesn't say much and it seems no scripting has been done yet.

The Legend of Zelda: Sacred Paradox: This is a very original idea and Meowth and he's actually pulled it off quite well. I'm interested in seeing how the implementation of some Zelda features will go.

The two above are promising, but my vote goes to Maize Version. It has Ampharos on the titlescreen, and the main character is the hero from Anodyne, and he has a broom! But honestly, it's got the most progress out of all 3 hacks this month, and it has a lot of new features, including a Battle Factory and the option to play in "Nuzlocke Mode". Rings are an interesting alternative for hold items, as it's a hack of Pokémon Red. The battle mechanics look more up-to-date than a lot of generation 3 hacks, with the p/s/s split and newer generation moves and Pokémon.

I know Red hacks don't get a lot of attention these days because of Red's outdated graphics and mechanics, but I think people should give them a try! Recent Red hacks have updated mechanics, and colour, so they definitely don't feel as outdated as Red.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I'm voting Legend of Zelda for the amazing sprite work that has gone into the project - as well as the amazing job making a Pokemon game feel like Zelda! The video clips so far are pretty convincing, very slick.

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
    Years
  • My vote goes to Maize.

I'm a sucker for GB/GBC hacks with new art and features and such, since there aren't many out there as of now.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I've been a fan of Meowth's Zelda-themed hack since the beginning! That's where my vote went.

Years
  • I hate to be "that guy," but isn't Maize in the Hacks Studio, not Progressing Hacks? Doesn't that make it ineligible?

Either way, though, it gets my vote. Maize is simply an amazing hack, and deserves recognition.

Oh, that's an oversight on my part! This year we're allowing the Hacks Studio hacks because they deserve love too! The first post has been amended to reflect this. Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for bringing it to our attention.

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
    Years
  • my vote goes to Shining Waters/Hazing Flames because of the incredible graphic work that was put into it. (as a graphic hacker i know how hard it is).. GL to Maize And Sacred Paradox aswell. i'd like to see GS Chrolinces, My hack (that will hopefully have a playable version by that time) and Pokemon Life That made some significant progress.

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • I'm in love with the reshilegend's style, is amazing, I'm GBC fan, sorry for maize, but this time my vote is for SW/HF

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    Voted for The Legend of Zelda: Sacred Paradox. I found it as the most different of pokemon hacks. Probably the most unique hack I've seen

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
    Years
  • All of these hacks look great! But I'm going to go with...Shining Waters/Hazing Flames! I love how it looks, but I'm not a big fan of Fakemon. The LOZ Sacred Paradox looks amazing, too! And Maize is pretty cool, especially since it has a built in nuzlocke mode. If I could I'd vote for all of them! :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2015
    Well, I am not beeing as extreme as LePug and calling everyone a kid because for him/her different aspects matter, but Meowth, viewed objectivly, had put the most effort, creativity and skill into his hack. But apart from that, have you ever brought the HotM into question? You simply CAN'T compare for example a GBA and GBC hack or two GBA hack's which concepts are completly different (normal story <-> zelda story). Another reason why this competition is actually useless is because every single person has his/her own criteria which consideres a hack "good". Just my 2 cents, my votes goes to Meowth obviously ~

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    This competition is just to promote promising hacks and hopefully encourage hackers to work on their hacks more and maybe get their hack in a poll. People like different things, and you can't really compare these three hacks together as they're all quite different, but this is just a poll where people vote for the one they like best.

I know a lot of our members tend to favour hacks that look good visually or have lengthy playable versions released, but I don't think this is a reason for us not to have things such as Hack of the Month.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back