• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

voting for game of the year 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freak A

Back !!!
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2013
My Vote - To Crystal rain

just for the sake of making it third.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2010
My vote goes to raptor - Fairly smaller file size then a few of the games, and awesome ways to get pokemon (certain types swarm certain areas)

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
updated.

I will continue to have a third place.
If you would like to bring out Uranium on top, vote for it because as of now none of the third place games have gotten a vote recently.

But that's the point! I've already voted, and I didn't vote for Uranium because it is NOT the game of the year, but a great game. But whatever, it's your Competition.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Maybe it would have been a better idea to get people to vote for their three favourite games, choosing 3rd, second and 1st places?

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
It would be a lot harder to calculate if there were 3 votes of different importance from each person.

Atomic Reactor

It may be harder, but it would be much more efficient.
You should have thought this stuff through before opening the thread and such.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Suggestion: Perhaps do a first-second-third setup where your first-place vote gets three points, second-place gets two, and third-place gets one? (It might be a bit tougher to calculate, but it'll produce more reliable results IMO).

...I'll abstain from voting, myself (since I'd probably be biased and all).

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
You know, I have to agree with riceeman (has not to do with talking about my game), I don't see how this could be considered a community event, it looks like there was no thought when preparing it. I see no organisation on the main post whatsoever, no decent presentation , you even didn't put a link to the game's threads... Also the voting system is a total fail, since you want to have a 2nd and 3rd places, you can't make it like a regular politic election, you have to do something like the judges do in rhytmic swimming for example. Each one gives a score between 0 and 10(or 5) to EACH group and then the average score will decide their positions. That what could be done here, mainly since there aren't many games in here. Well, I'll abstain from voting till I see Raptor EX.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Suggestion: Perhaps do a first-second-third setup where your first-place vote gets three points, second-place gets two, and third-place gets one? (It might be a bit tougher to calculate, but it'll produce more reliable results IMO).

...I'll abstain from voting, myself (since I'd probably be biased and all).
That's what I meant in my post.

And saying it would be harder to calculate, is a very bad excuse.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
It is a very bad excuse, I will agree with that.

I don't mean to blame it on anyone but Neo-Dragon sent me all of the rules and layed out what I can and can not do when I got permission to make the thread.
It is also too late to change the rules. The thread has already been started. Think of this as a learning experience so that people know what does and does not work for next year.

Atomic Reactor

Have a thread for submission go until December 31st.
Which makes sense, cause those would be games of the year. Not Games of the 11 months.
Then make a voting thread with a deadline for january 17th.
Gives plenty of times for votes.
Just a suggestion..

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Or, you can try again.
Have a thread for submission go until December 31st.
Which makes sense, cause those would be games of the year. Not Games of the 11 months.
Then make a voting thread with a deadline for january 17th.
Gives plenty of times for votes.
Just a suggestion..
And if he doesn't, just do one without any permission at all when a mod isn't on and see how it goes ;)

I really do now think that this should be started over, it doesn't feel like a proper awards anymore. There should have been anticipation for it, which there wasn't since it suddenly appeared out of no where. Also, the voting system needs fixed, so even more reason to start over.

Atomic Reactor

Well, I would, but I don't wanna be the one to organize evertyhing.
Some else should do it... Like a moderator! I'm gonna contact Neo-Dragon.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
I don't agree with you when you say thats a "experience". Events like that are too rare to make them in a "bad" way and only fix it in the next year. I agree with the rest about starting over, first as AR say it's a chance for December entries to get in and also, t wouldn't hurt to make a decent thread with a banner etc ;].

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Avatar and I (the mods of this section) did have a chat a while back about a thread like this.
Our chat concluded with:
Neither me or Avatar have the time to run such a thread.
Also, to make it publicly clear, both of use were/are against this type of thread with so few releases but we decided if a member wish to run it that would be fine.

We also had some guidelines on how it should be run, but some preparation was needed, which was not meet in the end.

Oh, and I find it funny that some of the people complaining where people who expressed interest in running this type of thread. But when I contacted them they didn't want to do it. It's a very immature way of handling yourself here.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Avatar and I (the mods of this section) did have a chat a while back about a thread like this.
Our chat concluded with:
Neither me or Avatar have the time to run such a thread.
Also, to make it publicly clear, both of use were/are against this type of thread with so few releases but we decided if a member wish to run it that would be fine.

We also had some guidelines on how it should be run, but some preparation was needed, which was not meet in the end.

Oh, and I find it funny that some of the people complaining where people who expressed interest in running this type of thread. But when I contacted them they didn't want to do it. It's a very immature way of handling yourself here.
Sorry but that's a little arrogant of you.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
No need to say sorry Peeky. Take that statement how you want. It's true. I'll explain a bit better the parts you marked out in bold.

I'm not saying it's a waste of time for us to run it, we just don't have the free time to run it. If we were going to do it it would of needed to be given 100% effort to make it look well.

And I contacted 3 other people who wanted to run this thread. All of which had PMed me around September/October asking to run a end of year awards thread. I then contacted everyone who expressed interest and TY was the only one who said yes and the others said no, they wouldn't have time either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back