• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Month] Voting - March 2015

Hack of the Month

• [URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=307817]Pokémon Discovery[/URL]

Votes: 85 73.3%
  • [URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=344397]Pokémon ObsidianBlack & PewterWhite[/URL]

Votes: 11 9.5%
  • [URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=324952]Pokémon Fluorite Version[/URL]

Votes: 20 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hack of the Month Voting - March 2015

This is a monthly ROM Hack contest to promote our community's hacks. ROM Hacking moderators will pick three hacks each month, and you members will have until the next month to vote for your Hack of the Month. The winner hack's thread will be stickied for a month, until the next month's winner is announced. You may suggest hacks you'd like to see in the following month's contest in this thread.

Eligible hacks

• Pokémon Discovery by Le pug and Tcoppy
      ryJsEWB.png
      70cdSzd.png
      ETpujrO.png
    • Pokémon ObsidianBlack & PewterWhite by Telinc1
      SCudcYO.png
      SzIOjSk.png
      o7klexi.png
    • Pokémon Fluorite Version by Dark Sneasel
      d7RnLFY.png
      5qpU5vX.png
      H5jbUtM.png

Rules

• You may only vote once per month.
    • Asking or bribing others to vote for your hack is not allowed.
    • Creating new accounts to vote multiple times is not allowed and will be dealt with accordingly.
    • Voting is done via the poll not by posting in this thread, votes in the form of posts will not be counted.
    • Don't complain that your hack was not chosen this month.

Last edited:

elcaptino

the one
    Years
  • pokemon discovery hands down the story is creative original and challengging puzzles although i hate it being more memory oriented than thinking oriented and last but not least evee starters :)
    edit1: forgot about the karma system (LoW ) that is is nice touch too

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • I absolutely love going against Dark Sneasel! It makes it like a win-win scenario if either of us win as he's helped out with my hack slightly and I've helped out with his hack slightly. Best of luck to him, he has great comedic scenes on top of nice features like the boats. I'm interested to see how this turns out! Hooyah !

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
    Years
  • I like all three hacks. I even beta tested the first beta of Flourite. But since I've been waiting for Discovery version FOREVER, and since there is a LoW system, Imma vote for that. :D

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • I am currently Beta testing for Fluorite and i love it! so i'm going with Fluorite!
    Good luck to Discovery and ObsidianBlack & PewterWhite!

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
  • Although I voted for Discovery, I'd like to throw it out there that I really enjoy DarkSneasel's work he's put into Flourite. The controllable boats and what I've seen from a certain Groudon scene were amazing. OB/PW appears to be a promising hack, but it really needs more artistic direction IMO.

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
    Years
  • i voted Discovry, it's one of the most enjoyable hacks i played, although Flourite was incredible scriptwise and in gameplay, Discovery is well noted for it's graphics and scripts.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Discovery gets my vote. Tbh, I don't even like fluorite much anymore, but even if I did, dayumm, I'm happy to admit Discovery is better. :)
    Good luck to both of you guys, but it's very clear the winner here is Le and Tcop :D
    Like Le said, we've helped each other with the hacks, so I'm happy either way!

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • Voted for Pokémon ObsidianBlack & PewterWhite because it's the only one I've actually played, Discovery has Fakemon which immediately makes me want to avoid it, also that live action trailer was just too damn creepy for my tastes, I get you have faith in your hack but that LA just made me shiver with weirdness. I haven't even looked at Fluorite so I can't judge it.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • Voted for Pokémon ObsidianBlack & PewterWhite because it's the only one I've actually played, Discovery has Fakemon which immediately makes me want to avoid it, also that live action trailer was just too damn creepy for my tastes, I get you have faith in your hack but that LA just made me shiver with weirdness.
    It's a shame that people still judge a book by its cover, but I guess this isn't the place to really discuss this in depth.

I can't vote at all in this competition. I'm working on Discovery and I've helped DarkSneasel a lot with his hacking projects, so my vote would be kinda forced to go to ObsidianBlack and PewterWhite. I love the effort that goes in those two hacks, but I never played them. I'm gonna eventually though, I just haven't really played rom hacks in a while. I also really don't want my vote to go to something I helped or created, and I don't want my vote to be kinda forced, but those outcomes are totally natural with competitions like this.

Also I just really want to say how happy I am with everyone voting. I haven't talked to Telinc1 but I think he/she would agree that all these votes to all our hacks are extremely uplifting. Le pug and I appreciate the votes, and I know for a fact DarkSneasel appreciates all of this too. So, thanks everyone!

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • Dark Sneasel glad to see you're being a sport about it, I wish you luck in Orion and I know we'll see that one in the HoTM soon 'cus I know how hard you work to output your hack fast! Keep up the great work and I hope to see great things from OB/PW in the future!

Telinc1: I enjoyed looking at your hack, the colors of the maps are vibrant and really stand out. I really like the trojan rhyhorn that was a unique and awesome idea. The scripting was good and the events were fun. Keep up the good work.

Dark Sneasel: You already know I'm not a fan of default tiles, but you pull it off with a mix of new tiles in your creative maps filled with interesting and out-there events that make the game funny and enjoyable. Don't give up on Fluorite, I know you have Orion going on but keep up th good work and as always, if you need help, I'm always here to assist! Same to you Telinc1.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back