• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Month] Voting - March 2015

Hack of the Month

• [URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=307817]Pokémon Discovery[/URL]

Votes: 85 73.3%
  • [URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=344397]Pokémon ObsidianBlack & PewterWhite[/URL]

Votes: 11 9.5%
  • [URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=324952]Pokémon Fluorite Version[/URL]

Votes: 20 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
Years
  • You do realise that this is the internet where I have the right and the ability to judge anything however I want, My personal taste means that when I see fakemon I tend to not have an interest in it, regardless of whether there are 2 or 200 fakemon when I see the screenshots which is what you use to help sell your hack I saw a fakemon which I didn't particularly enjoy the look of, there are some hacks which I do enjoy playing that include fakemon like Pokemon Cyan but from past experiences with them I am not a huge fan. If you look at what I said I never sad your hack lacked story or it was coded poorly or anything like that I simply said that I am not an avid fan of Fakemon. There was no real reason for you to get all butthurt because one person on the internet said he didn't like one thing that your hack has in it.

Posting other peoples comments and thinking that I am going to sit in the corner and rethink my decisions in life is a stupid thing to do, I can and will judge a hack in anyway, shape or form I choose fit, it's not up to you to decide how I can judge them then get so butthurt about it that you have to cry at me and try to bring out stupid metaphors and tell me how much of a struggle is was for you to make the LA trailer. (It's even creepier the more I watch it).

To sum it up, don't try to shit on other peoples opinions and or comments with your douchebagness because it just makes me ROFL so hard.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Everyone has their own opinion so let's just leave this there. If you think personal opinions are important to argue over you're free to use Private or Visitor Messages.

All hacks this month are promising and have made good progress but I find Discovery to be the best-looking one out of the three.

Years
  • I went with Pokemon Discovery, but that doesn't mean the other hacks aren't bad, it's just... Discovery's the only hack I've played out of all of them. :P

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Pokemon Discovery Is going to win hack of the year.

I would like that to happen once it's moved to hack studio (: Well.
    I voted for Pokemon Discovery, yep. Original stories and ideas. Caught my attention every time I roam around here. I support it fully as well, haven't played it since I only play completed hacks. Other than its graphics, It's an Emerald hack!! <3 Scripting of it is very advance too. I think there's asm there as well which where I suck.

Well, aside Discovery. Pokemon Obsidianblack and Pewterwhite is actually a nice hack. It has good features and scripting too. I personally don't like the tiles and I find some of its error rather blah. As for Pokemon Flourite, I've saw this hack gone to many changes. I love some of its ideas and what I've saw from some of its screenshot, tiles are original, which is very lovely to look at for me. Other than that, tiles are looking good but I don't think the mapping is doing fine with it so it doesn't blend well ): But what I liked there is the controllable boat and that's it. Just giving out my opinion cause it matters to know and what to be improved. Good luck to all! c:

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • Maybe I am missing something about Pkemon Discovery but I don't understand how it's winning and Flourite is on Hiatus sooo...

Are you single-handedly trying to say Flourite doesn't deserve to be in this competition? Dark Sneasel isn't on hiatus, he's actively working in both of his hacks and I would know since I talk to him almost every day. If you are missing the reason as to why it's in the lead, why not actually take the time to research the thread or even actually play the game and see why? Seems like you're just trying to be negative about two other hacks besides the obvious one you want to support.

Years
  • Maybe I am missing something about Pkemon Discovery but I don't understand how it's winning and Flourite is on Hiatus sooo...

Its winning because the majority of people voted for it, crazy I know.

I voted for Pokemon Discovery, yep. Original stories and ideas. Caught my attention every time I roam around here. I support it fully as well, haven't played it since I only play completed hacks. Other than its graphics, It's an Emerald hack!! <3 Scripting of it is very advance too. I think there's asm there as well which where I suck.

oh! this might also have something to do with it.

Ocular Stratus

It's okay, I enjoy being the bad guy.
    Years
  • Its winning because the majority of people voted for it, crazy I know.

oh! this might also have something to do with it.

I understand why it is winning. My point was that it is basically running unopposed and I see its screenshots constantly and I don't understand how it made it on the list above other contending hacks.

Ocular Stratus

Years
  • Are you single-handedly trying to say Flourite doesn't deserve to be in this competition? Dark Sneasel isn't on hiatus, he's actively working in both of his hacks and I would know since I talk to him almost every day. If you are missing the reason as to why it's in the lead, why not actually take the time to research the thread or even actually play the game and see why? Seems like you're just trying to be negative about two other hacks besides the obvious one you want to support.

I haven't played any of the three. So my opinion is only based off of there threads. I am not being negative in any way, I could honestly give a shit less who wins out of the three, I am not interested in any of them. Expressing how I feel about the current path that this poll is on, is not me being negative nor biased. I am simply expressing my feelings on it, seeing how this is a thread about Pokemon and not politics I feel I should be able to do that. Maybe you could stop being such an asshole because I don't like your hack.

Years
  • but I don't understand how it's winning

I understand why it is winning

I think you have the ability to answer your own question lol

My point was that it is basically running unopposed

well according to their respective threads the other 2 hacks are active.

don't understand how it made it on the list above other contending hacks.

I think the mods just nominate 3 hacks. seems pretty simple/

I am simply expressing my feelings on it

I am simply expressing my feelings on it, seeing how this is a thread about Pokemon and not politics I feel I should be able to do that

I'm just confused on the point you're actually trying to make. Its like you're answering your own questions.

what does politics have to do with it? :o

Maybe you could stop being such an asshole because I don't like your hack.
    I mean its kind of warranted, just sayin'

*poof*

Ocular Stratus

Years
  • I think you have the ability to answer your own question lol

well according to their respective threads the other 2 hacks are active.

I think the mods just nominate 3 hacks. seems pretty simple/

I'm just confused on the point you're actually trying to make. Its like you're answering your own questions.

what does politics have to do with it? :o

I mean its kind of warranted, just sayin'

*poof*

If you can't handle criticism, don't make hacks for the world to play. Simple as that. I personally don't feel Discovery should win over the other two hacks. I am allowed to voice that opinion. If you two want to be offended by that, I don't care. I think your Fire Emblem hack is garbage as well. Cry about it.

I am done talking about this, you're wasting my time.

Years
  • I'm not at all offended by anything that edgy dude up there posted hahaha.
    Critics just need to realize that if they believe they have the right to state their opinion of someone's work, the creator of that also has a right to rebut it. esp opinions that have no substance to them.
    If a critic can't back up an opinion without rage quitting then he/she probably shouldn't speak up to begin with.

just sayin'

anywayz, that was a funny read. GG

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    :( This is why we can't have nice things. It seems that every month this thread becomes incredibly personal, when all we should be doing is discussing our experiences reviewing screenshots, playing the game and being objective as possible.

Anyway, IMO Discovery has the best graphics and most advanced storyline, Fluorite is the most unique Pokemon rom hack I have ever played and has a ton of unique features, and OB/PW is a unique take on the classic Pokemon storyline and has the most content available right now. I voted Discovery, but all three are absolutely worth playing.

Years
  • :( This is why we can't have nice things. It seems that every month this thread becomes incredibly personal, when all we should be doing is discussing our experiences reviewing screenshots, playing the game and being objective as possible.

yeah but that's really unavoidable. opinions are like destined to clash in voting polls. and its especially personal when the stuff that people are voting for are things incredibly close to them.

i just look at it as a passion thing, lots of passionate hackers and members :P

Years
  • Hey i haven't played any of these can I download them on to my tablet and just wanted to say to everyone if anyone need a bata tester plz let me know bc I'd love too do it and help out

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • Hey i haven't played any of these can I download them on to my tablet and just wanted to say to everyone if anyone need a bata tester plz let me know bc I'd love too do it and help out

Probably not the best post to make on this thread but if you want to play them you'll have to download an emulator on your tablet and download the ROM that the hack uses and download the patch from any of the threads and patch it. Then you can put it in your dropbox folder or something and just download to your tablet. If you want to be a beta tester, contact the people in charge of the threads rather than posting here where they probably won't see (even though I see it)

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • I vote for Discovery for three reasons:
    1. Because have a original and good storyline, a hack without a storyline can't be good
    2. Because he release a beta, and a very good beta
    3. Because I love the pugs (?)(okay, a bad joke.:v)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back