• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wait a minute, that's not… BLECH!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
  • A chrysanthemum tea. I tried to drink it but turns out the taste is different than what I would expect, I thought its taste might be like a certain bottled Jasmine tea before. I was wrong.

Last edited:

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • I thought sake was going to taste wonderful
    All the animes were doing it
    Very cool japanese culture thing, must be cool like wine...

I was wrong....very very wrong......heated sake was one of the grossest things I've ever drank in my life. In an act of utter disregard for social norms, I poured half of my remaining sake into a bowl of soy sauce.

Monophobia

Already Dead
    Years
  • I see some Coke and Rum experiences here. I have too fallen for it at a party.

Although, at first it was the most awful taste ever, but I grew to like it and had about three glasses that night. {XD}

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Similar to the ginger thing, there was this caramel-looking thing on top of a dessert I ate once. Turned out to be candied ginger. It's that much worse when you're expecting it to be something it's not.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    Banana chips. I looked at them and thought that they would be some kind of salty chip, kinda like a pita chip I guess but it just tasted like a banana that went wrong ;c

Years
  • I once thought I was getting lamb cuts. I got cuts, alright. But from kidney or liver (I don't remember). I don't like eating parts I don't have regularly, so I didn't really enjoy my meal.

I've only had lamb once before becoming vegetarian. It might have been the way it was cooked, but it was so dry D: I didn't know what to expect before taking a bite, but it was not what I expected...Wasn't all that great of a taste \:

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • Raisin cookies anyone? Ugh. I HATE raisins and raisin cookies even more. Especially the ones that look like chocolate chip cookies.

#firstworldproblems

THIS THIS THIS.

I hate raisins in ANY food or baked good.

I feel like an idiot whenever I see a baked good and I have to ask if it has raisins. They give me weird looks all the time but not everyone likes raisins! :c

I don't want to take a bite and either have to pick the thing apart or throw it out.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • THIS THIS THIS.

I hate raisins in ANY food or baked good.

I feel like an idiot whenever I see a baked good and I have to ask if it has raisins. They give me weird looks all the time but not everyone likes raisins! :c

I don't want to take a bite and either have to pick the thing apart or throw it out.

I feel the same way. Just why do they add raisins? Why? Raisin anything is terrible, lol. I also hate it when you have to pick around the raisins and it takes like 10 minutes to get a decent bite. Then by that time, everyone is looking at you wierd.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Oh yeah root beer sounded like the best thing in the world before I moved to the US. Tried it once, maybe twice, I stay away from it. Also lemonade, it didn't have the effect I expected it to have on me, and generally I prefer sodas anyway.

Warship

異議あり!
    Years
  • well the typical raisin stuff i hate them.
    on a different note many people in here usually spit out pork if they accidentaly eat it because its forbidden by our religion. its a quite funny sight actually :P

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • When I was a lad, pickles were the bane of my existence. Go to Chik-fil-a? Adamantly request the absence of pickles on my sandwich. Go to a sit down restaurant and order a burger? Please, no pickle with my fix-ins, thanks! Pickles were the enemy. So naturally my mom and aunt thought it would be hilarious to trick me one day. I was running around the house like the young naive kid I was, and I was getting really tired and went for some water and my mom had a cup of what resembled water so I asked her for some. She laughed and gave it to me and I closed my eyes and took the biggest gulp before realizing that what I'd drank was in fact pickle juice. Long story short the juice ended up all over her shirt and the floor, along with my trust.

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    Small, white and jagged rocks in a center piece at a party.
    To my girlfriend, "No, that's definitely sea salt."
    Take a pinch and put it in my mouth.
    I just ate rocks.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Took a gulp of cold black coffee thinking it was soda. Ate a piece of baker's chocolate thinking it was regular chocolate. Both weren't that pleasant mainly the second one.

Years
  • I think everyone's bit into a cookie thinking it was chocolate chip when really it was oatmeal raisin, and that's one of the worst misconceptions out there. :[ Also, I once went to my fridge looking for a sweet, found what seemed to be some delicious chocolate, didn't care to read the label that it was like 80% dark or something ridiculous, and proceeded to destroy my taste buds.

Back