• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Wallace? Or Steven?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    Am I the only one who found Wallace hard?

Of course, I've only played Emerald several times though

I don't know about Steven, though. But Wallace can be a challenge if you're unprepared.

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
    Years
    Steven. It's just seeing the guy, and just seeing the guy in a good light and then finding him as the champion at the end just makes it feel so satisfying to me. So, Steven it is.

Years

It depends on your team, of course. A powerful electric type makes Wallace considerably easier, but without one, bulky water types are always a pain, no matter who their trainer is. Same goes for Steven and his defensively-typed team. Rock and Steel are two extremely annoying types that usually get high defensive stats, making them difficult to take down. With the right counters, it makes the challenge less daunting. Steven gave me a harder time, because of his Metagross. :[

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

Of course, I've only played Emerald several times though

I don't know about Steven, though. But Wallace can be a challenge if you're unprepared.

I found him to be difficult, especially his Milotic. Even in PWT hiw Milotic still walled me...I even had grass types on hand...

Well at least now Steven is confirmed to be the champ. At least for the main game.

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
    Years
    Hate is a big word - I never hated Wallace but fact is that Steven was one of my all time favourite Pokémon characters. : (
    I'm glad that he will return as the champion instead of Wallace and didn't like the change back then in Emerald.

Years
    I'm personally glad Steven's returned as Champion; I always felt Wallace was better suited to be a Gym Leader, and I thought he was a bit of a pushover compared to Steven. I also disliked that there was a Water Gym Leader AND Champion in the same region. I know there were similar cases in GSC/HGSS and BW2 with Dragons, but I find they pose more of a challenge than Water types, so I was fine with it. (You could also count BW as having a Bug-type Gym Leader and Champion since half of Alder's team were Bugs (much like half of Iris's team consists of Dragons); Volc can be a pain in the butt.)

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I'm personally glad Steven's returned as Champion; I always felt Wallace was better suited to be a Gym Leader, and I thought he was a bit of a pushover compared to Steven. I also disliked that there was a Water Gym Leader AND Champion in the same region. I know there were similar cases in GSC/HGSS and BW2 with Dragons, but I find they pose more of a challenge than Water types, so I was fine with it. (You could also count BW as having a Bug-type Gym Leader and Champion since half of Alder's team were Bugs (much like half of Iris's team consists of Dragons); Volc can be a pain in the butt.)

The thing about GSCHGSS was that it's just the trainers who specialize in dragon types.

In Hoenn, the whole eastern stretch is water. Water type trainers, water type wild pokemon, water type gym leader, Glacia's team was somewhat half water type too, water type champion.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Water makes up 70 percent of the world, kind of makes it a popular type, especially in a region surrounded by sea.

I wonder if Steven will have the regional fossils still. Anyone noticed that Diantha had them too? I wonder if that was to draw a parallel to Steven, even their aces are part psychic...

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
    I don't think it bothered me that Wallace replaced Steven in Emerald (I kind of liked it because now you can actually battle Steven elsewhere). I'd still like to see Steven as the champ though because I did like his team more than Wallace's.

And, I agree with the others here that I'd like to see Wally as the champ. Just something about maybe-kinda-mentoring the guy and him just blowing past us and becoming champion would make me feel kinda, strangely proud?

Though whatever happens, I'd still like to be able to re-battle Steven (or even Wally) after all is said and done.

Braxien

Banned
    Years
    I would definitely prefer Steven for two reasons:

1. He has a balanced team, whereas Wallace is more of a Water Type master.
    2. My father is named Steven. Who wouldn't want their Dad to be the Champion of Hoenn? ;)

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I don't know, I feel like Wallace was switched in Steven's place to truly mess with the user. Oh? You brought all those ground and fire-types for the Champion? Ciao.

But maybe that's just me looking too into it. I'm glad it's Steven, hopefully with a killer AI as well. :)

Years
    I guess i'll be satisfied with Steven as Champion, and what i'd probably prefer.

However, I wouldn't have been too upset if Wallace was Champion, because I actually like him for his regal and majestic theme. And one of the ads showed Milotic and Metagross shadowed out, so maybe Milotic will get a Mega. But I do look forward to battling Steven, wonder if all the changes will make him harder than in the originals or easier.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back