• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Wallace? Or Steven?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Origin Green

Smell ya later!
    Years
    The ultimate question. Who will return as Hoenn's champion?
    I never actually played emerald, so I'm used to it being Steven, I've never understood why people hated the change? Can anybody enlighten me?

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    i never hated on the change either and it wasnt until ORAS were announced and i started reading here that i realized people hated the change lol. idk from what ive read people just thought it was a downsize, that wallace was like 53252x easier than steven and could easily be defeated by spamming electric attacks.

but as for what i want in the remakes, i hope steven is the champion again, but i wouldn't care if they kept it as wallace

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
    I'd like Steven to return as the champion however I liked in Emerald how you have that one off battle with him in Meteor Falls. Wallace doesn't really suit them position in my view...

blue

gucci
    Years
    It never really bothered me who was champion in RSE, I liked both characters and you still got to battle them both anyway. I'd like to think Wallace would be the champion, Juan taking 8th Gym Leader position and Steven being the "ultimate trainer".

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    Alder!

Okay, on a serious note, they'll probably use Steven. But I'm actually hoping it's the Emerald set up (Juan as 8th gym leader, Wallace as Champion, Steven is the ultimate trainer, etc.)

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    IMO Steven is the better Champ. That position just suits him better than Wallace. Not sure why, maybe because he's stronger, or because you meet him a couple of times during the game, I don't know.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Steven, because I just feel that Steven has more champion-ish traits...
    Heck, I hate to say this but I feel that Juan is a better fit for a champion than Wallace.

Just cannot imagine him with a Mega Aggron though.

Shadowraze

ur mum
    Years
    Steven is better people!!

Wallace only has one typing mainly water. But Steven was harder to boot especially that Metagross haha xD Steven also looks cooler hands down so Steven all the way.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    IMO Steven is the better Champ. That position just suits him better than Wallace. Not sure why, maybe because he's stronger, or because you meet him a couple of times during the game, I don't know.

I think every Champion throughout the game does that. Cynthia, Lance... it wouldn't feel right if Wallace was made because we only see him once lol
    There won't be a surprise factor there.
    But then again, if Steven is the champ, who will be the 'ultimate trainer'? Wally?

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
    I did used to think it was weird when I found out Wallace was the champion in Emerald instead of Steven, but it didn't really bother me that much. Though Steven I feel suits the role more, don't really know why.

Years
    I think they may use the Emerald set up. Kind of like how HGSS used the way you catch suicune like in Crystal version.
    Personally I like having to vs an ultimate trainer at the end like Steven in Emerald

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I prefer Steven as the champion coz he's obviously stronger. And having two Water League Trainers just seems silly even if they are in The Land of Trumpets and Water :P

I think Wallace is perfect as a mini boss in the Contest area js

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    While I want Wally to succeed and be the Champion, it'd be much more preferred if Steven was Champion because he was the best imo, that way Juan can stay leader and Wallace can be a contest participant/expect!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back