• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Wardrobe/Customization & Hair Options Discussion

atomtanned

Delinquent
Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    Maybe instead of extensive customization, they'll allow us to change the colors of the players outfits, like turn May into Sapphire with blue clothing, as well as being able to change their hair colors/skin tone. At least that way, it retains the traditional May/Brendan look, but also allows the player to make the character their own.

I hope they at least allow for changes to hair and skin color. Clothes are one thing, but I think it should pretty much be a given from now on that players can customize their avatar to physically resemble them. I'd be very disappointed if they didn't include that.

captainfez3

Old School Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2019
    I don't think they'll do that. It's sort of a tradition for the protagonist to wear headgear, hence why they probably didn't allow us to remove them in XY. Only time the protagonists didn't wear head gear irc is when they're acting in Pokestar studios (with Nate being the one seen more without his headgear).

I don't think they will either, but it would certainly be a nice option. If they don't allow us to take them off, I hope they start expanding the options of headgear we have to wear and possibly even how we wear them. For instance, I can get a lot of mileage out of a simple ball cap if I can wear it backwards or to the side.

I am uncertain how much memory each 3DS gamecard has, but I hope they continue to pack in as much customization and fun little additions (like Secret Bases and all that) in these games. These are cool ideas that need to start having analogs in their future games, instead of having these strung out generations with selling points that don't grow into anything substantive.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Each 3DS game card can store up to 8GB of data, but the current maximum which developers use is 4GB, which is still plenty.

That said, the eShop has a 2GB limit IIRC. XY were very close to that limit. Since ORAS will be available digitally too, it means the games will be close to that limit too.

Maybe Gamefreak will have clothes DLC?

EDIT:
    Correction: eShop limit not set. Initially I remember it was 2GB but it seems like things have changed.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    New May Hair cut is perfect for me. Depending of what are the other hair style I think I will keep her hairs intact. I prefered Serena with her Ponytail tho.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • New May Hair cut is perfect for me. Depending of what are the other hair style I think I will keep her hairs intact. I prefered Serena with her Ponytail tho.
    Tbh it'll be weird to see May with a different hair style. It'll be even more odd than seeing her without her signature bandana (which we have seen, sort of as it's now in ribbon form).

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    It's kind of the same bandana but knotted to act like a ribbon. We may have different bandana styles.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I'd really like there to be an option to take off hats. This is what they lacked in X and Y, and it made seem customization sort of limiting, to some degree.

I agree with this, especially because hats are a pretty uncommon article of clothing to have on. The majority of people I see everyday aren't wearing hats, and it's not like hats are covering anything important, lol.

Years
  • In the Pokémon world hats and other headgear seem to be common, at least for the protagonist. Wonder if a genre savvy villain will ever figure out that the one with the hat or other headgear is the one they should defeat before embarking on their evil plan...

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    You know what I would like as an headwear in ORAS ? Being able to wear an Hoodie like Team Magma, maybe not the same with horns and all but at least an hoodie.

Years
  • You know what I would like as an headwear in ORAS ? Being able to wear an Hoodie like Team Magma, maybe not the same with horns and all but at least an hoodie.

The jackets in XY had hoods but we could never put on the hood, I hope we can in ORAS. Though it's a tropical region so maybe they'll add them in 'Z'.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • I know logic doesn't really apply to video games but I just had to say this.

I wore a hoodie into lecture (about 18C) and was lazy to take it off after that, but I still did eventually because it was so darn hot outside (33C).

And to think that Team Magma grunts wear hoods right next to a caldera...

Years
  • I know logic doesn't really apply to video games but I just had to say this.

I wore a hoodie into lecture (about 18C) and was lazy to take it off after that, but I still did eventually because it was so darn hot outside (33C).

And to think that Team Magma grunts wear hoods right next to a caldera...

I think Magma loves the heat, just look at their clothes, they look like they belong to people who live in a snowy region, not a tropical region...plus they want to make the world even hotter...

I guess we could wear hoodies too. I just hope that coats are thinner looking than Magma's.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • I think Magma loves the heat, just look at their clothes, they look like they belong to people who live in a snowy region, not a tropical region...plus they want to make the world even hotter...

I guess we could wear hoodies too. I just hope that coats are thinner looking than Magma's.

I don't think they love heat, but they do love the land.
    Still I wonder how these Magma grunts survive in such a climate.

*air-conditioned hoodies...*

You know, it'll be really cool if they gave us an outfit customiser. Add more stuff to your selected outfit by using the bottom screen. Drag and drop.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • As much as we love these features, you guys suggested, let's be realistic here. Will GF implement these? I'm pretty sure they wouldn't. If terms come to terms, if customization will return, it would still be the same system they introduced in XY, sadly.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    As much as we love these features, you guys suggested, let's be realistic here. Will GF implement these? I'm pretty sure they wouldn't. If terms come to terms, if customization will return, it would still be the same system they introduced in XY, sadly.

So just lot of clothes that will barelly change and have limited color. I hated how you had just 1 pink of each including the Sundae Dress.

A dying option would be better than a copy of the same outfit in a limited choice of color, this would at least increase the amount of different outfit that you can eventually change the color.

Tek

Years
  • GF has a habit of coming up with neat features and never using them again. I wouldn't be surprised if the wardrobe customization ends up being exclusive to Kalos.

Years
  • I don't think they love heat, but they do love the land.
    Still I wonder how these Magma grunts survive in such a climate.

*air-conditioned hoodies...*

You know, it'll be really cool if they gave us an outfit customiser. Add more stuff to your selected outfit by using the bottom screen. Drag and drop.

I sure hope so.

Oh, maybe they can introduce ties and neckties, with some for both boys and girls, but mostly the boys (since the girls got more choices for X compared to the boy so it'll even up the amount of clothes for both in ORAS).

Years
  • Based on all the recent screenshots, it looks like they're either continuing to hide customization, or it won't be included in ORAS. I'm thinking the latter is more probable, which is unfortunate, because it was such a fun feature.

Back