• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen was your game deleted ?

deleted/wrecked by glitch

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2008
    YAAAAAY i found my blue !!!!!!! So i was thinking ... in order to celebrate I have made a poll. How many people have had they game deleted/wrecked by a glitch? If you have tell which one and dont just say ZOMG MISSINGNO IS EVIL DONT CATCH IT!! Please tell what you were doing when it was deleted/wrecked, like were you looking at your hall of fame etc

J3

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    R.I.P Raikou Lv:97 Typholsion Lv:100 Lugia Lv:100 you will be missed

my gold would'nt save then my game deleted itself : (

devmonster

Kyogre
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    I gave my Crystal to my friend. dunno what happened though. i guess he created a new game so my game was deleted.

Kylo

Squirrel Maniac
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2014
    I run all my older games in an emulator, so thanks to save states, I can experiment with glitches without any worry at all!

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I don't think missing no. deletes saves, but my Gold save data got deleted but I don't know how, so it depends

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2023
    I know that Pokemon TCG deletes itself after a certain amount of time.. I beat it and had all the cards and then didn't play it for about a year, came back and it was erased. :(

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I haven't experienced any harmful glitches in r/b/y yet.. But my Gold has a weird box. Anything I deposit into a certain box number (can't remember, I think 8?) gets nicknamed TPY or something like that and sometimes changes species and ID/OT. I got a Hitmontop one time with OT IAN instead of BRIAN.. I didn't do any glitching/hacking so I don't know why it does that. ;;

I also had an old Silver with a lot of rares on it and the battery failed so the saved data was lost but when I turned it on a week ago, it could save files again. Evil thing. Not a glitch but great job on leaving me with a level 7 Cyndaquil now. x.x

devmonster

Kyogre
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    I run all my older games in an emulator, so thanks to save states, I can experiment with glitches without any worry at all!

I do that too, but it's just not the same with the good old gameboy.. :D

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Yeah, the old missingno glitch red/blue deleted my game. Though I think I had bad pokemon, so its ok.
    On another note, how long does a gold/silver/crystal battery last? I'm thinking about buying one again but I'd have to get it used and I don't know if it would still save.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2008
    im lucky i had never had a game be deleted (well i have but was someone *cough* Mum*cough*(uh huh my mum was bored so she picked up my blue and started a new game oh well i didn't have any good pokes on it anyway) and my gold and crystal batteries still work ... i dunno about my yellow though ... i cant find that to check it lol

Ember

Different Sequences
    Years
  • the games in old gameboys corrupted because of the memory battery something like that ....@ topic my game got also deleted T_T It always happen after I finished the E4

J3

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    yea they got corrupted becuse of the internal battery it runs dry after about two years.

oh and charmandertoy in your sig it say golbal warming is a scam if you don't belive it's real just wait till the sea lvl rises 5 feet in the next fiffteen years or so.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2008
    Been lucky and have never had a game deleted or corrupted, even after catching 6 missingnos for my lineup :)

Aikoh

go go rudolph rangers
    Years
  • My game has never been deleted by a glitch even though I have used the item duplication glitch in Red and the Glitch City glitch in Yellow multiple times. Then again, I was never interested in catching Missingno anyways, I just wanted to be able to duplicate rare candies to evolve the Pokémon I caught in order to finish my Pokédex in Yellow. If a saved game was deleted, it was voluntary because I got bored with the game after a period of time and wanted to start from the beginning.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2021
    YAAAAAY i found my blue !!!!!!! So i was thinking ... in order to celebrate I have made a poll. How many people have had they game deleted/wrecked by a glitch? If you have tell which one and dont just say ZOMG MISSINGNO IS EVIL DONT CATCH IT!! Please tell what you were doing when it was deleted/wrecked, like were you looking at your hall of fame etc

So this poll is only for old versions????

Or all the gb and gbc versions?

In any case the data on my silver version were deleted a numerous times but in blue it only happened once!

After that it never happened again for a year(I lost my game after that so I guess the battery is over after so many years so the data were deleted anyway again:P ) and I used MISSINGNO quite a lot!

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I bought Pokemon Crystal last summer and I would save it then come back to it and the data was not there. So my dad put a new battery in it and now its working like its brand new.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2008
    I once lost my data on silver a short time after I brought it(around the time it came out.) It was due to the missingno glitch, and me accidently f**king up. That's also the only time I can remember crying because of a game. :D

Back