• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch Out For Ghosts... (Read first post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Wait you got your name changed before everyone else. Lucky!

Ash is strong in his own way. Most of his strength comes from the bonds that he has with his Pokemon, like what you said. But he's young and he still has lot to learn.

But honestly? The whole thing with Goodra isn't really about having a powerhouse. I mean, I suppose it is in a way, but if you put yourself off the powerhouse subject and thing of it as a character letting Goodra go is for the best. It's story is done and if Ash kept it what sort of plot is suppose to develop? Goodra became strong to help its friends. That was its goal. For it to stay with Ash would only deter its character and, very likely, it'll only become a Pokemon during gym battles and maybe the occasional interaction with Dedenne. We've seen how some Pokemon have been shafted in the past, some even before their character developed. I would have hated for that to have happened to Goodra. To be used as just a powerhouse on Ash's team. Not only does that hurt Goodra as a character it would hurt Ash as a character too because he's the kind of trainer that does what's best for his Pokemon. That allows his Pokemon to strive for their own goals rather and just his.

hi i'm tara and I can write quite a bit on goodra's goodbye maybe i should

Years

Thanks lol.

I actually have no knowledge of Goodra's story so that part was only me joking/provoking a bit cos you guys get so defensive about Ash haha!
    I'd probably be a lot like Ash if I owned Pokemon now anyway. Somewhere between him, Brock and Misty I guess. Hopefully I'd be balanced xD

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

Nice name change Sven, this one's much easier to mock :D

I don't know anything about the Goodra line but it sounds very worth watching - wish I'd been following X&Y like I did with BW haha. Oh well, not like I'd have time to keep watching now anyway XD

Years

It's pink without any wings. Its not a dragon worth watching dont you worry! Haxorus at least has a black shiny.

lol, jk, you're alright Goodra!

Squirrel, I doubt you'd have problem mocking me regardless of my name! :P
    I am being mocked by a guy with a cute penguin in his avatar. I fall so low on this forum nowadays :c

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

Can I still call you Sven
    Can I call you Guaritina
    Can I call you Guardian of the GAlexy

This will take some time *intense thinking face*
    haha did you see that Squirrel's in there too Imma genious

Anyhow, that's something never seen in PokeSpe; no one has a Mon on their team that has to leave. That's something so unique to the anime that I forget it has it and watch him say goodbye to that Butterfree in both Kanto and Unova. ;w;
    I haven't been paying attention to XY after the first two episodes, but I really should. -w-U Goodra are one of my favorite Kalos Pokemon though, and my favorite Dragon Type. Shut up Sevnitina

Years

Lmao damn Flare who let you go from under that bucket, return! xD

I didnt really think of that though. The entire purpose of this is to kinda not overexpose me or sth lol. Not that people would look for me or that this forum is so popular someone would decide too look for me here, but I think it'd be easy for someone who knows me to connect the dots....so I can at least make it a little bit harder haha.
    Call me whatever you want. Bestpersonever works too, I'll know you're talking to me dont you worry.
    And yeah I did see that you geniously bad pun-maker :D

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    Bo0!

IN THE NAME OF THE MOON STONE, I'L PUNISH YOU!
    Watch Out For Ghosts... (Read first post!)

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

Wait, Sven, how's it even possible you changed names already and that without even posting in the request thread? I call cheats!

As a new topic is requested, what do you think about extraterrestrial Pokémon? Do you think there exist more Pokémon in outer space? Would they be of the same kind?

Years

Has to be magic, or aliens.
    Jk, Im just friends with Rayquaza and everyone looooves Rayquaza, so yeah.

As for extraterrestrial Pokemon. Ofc there are. I mean every few years they "discover" new Pokemon on their own Pokemon, in new regiong...probably just few miles away...same planet...
    So yes, there are more extraterrestrial aliens who hopefully look better than that alien looking Pokemon from...5th generation I think?

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

Probably goes without saying, my favorite space Pokemon is Clefairy. XD Regarding how I feel about them, they're pretty cool. I'm actually super interested in stars and astronomy, so Pokemon grom space seem like a very good plot add in, but the only time where space is actually brought up is Team Galactic in Gen IV. And even then they weren't actually 'reaching for the stars', they wanted a new universe. As for the other space Pokemon...
    -Deoxys; Haha love it
    -Solrock and Lunatone; Meeeh Rock/Psychic types......
    -Clefairy; yessssssss
    -Cleffa and Clefable; almost a yesssssss
    -Elegym; cute!
    -beheeyem; eeeehhhh almost cute
    -palkia; I'd feel bad not including palkia XD

Lycanthropy

Years

And those are only a few of them who somehow managed to get on Earth (or whatever planet it is). It would be really cool to see all other kinds of Pokémon which look completely different and maybe have some undiscovered types.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

A little shooting star shaped Pokemon would be adorable. Though I guess Cleffa sortaaaa fits that because it is a star.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

lmao perfect. I guess Starmie is the closest thing we have to shooting stars. A little close than Cleffa imo.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

Hey guys! First off, I really wanna apologize for being super unproductive over the past few days... I shouldn't have an excuse because exams are over now, so I'll definitely try getting active here again like I used to! =D

As for the topic, I really do like the concept of space Pokémon! There are probably a lot more out there, and I'm really hoping to see more like Solrock, because Solrock is one of my favorite Pokémon! =3

And Sora, your avatar is already giving off too many feels even though I haven't seen the episode yet... Like, the feels are so real that I can't even describe it. =c

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

haha, it's okay! it does seem to be exam time but once all of those are over for you guys I'm sure this place will be booming with activity! ♥

I've always wanted to try and use Solrock or Lunatone sometime. Maybe in a future challenge? Since challenges help me stay motivated in my playthroughs rather than just random playthroughs.

ALSO SORRY NOT SORRY they give me all the feels so everyone else should feel them with me ;u;

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

Cool, I haven't tried out any challenges for myself yet, but I'm assuming that many of them use similar guidelines to Nuzlockes, right?

Haha, fine then. I'll feel the feels. ;-; I think I can already imagine which BGM track they'll use for the parting scene... unless they composed an entirely new track just for that specific moment. Either way, it'll be a heartbreaking song, I know it. =c

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Well a nuzlocke has its two main rules which distinguishes it as a nuzlocke. You definitely don't have to have those rules in normal challenges. There are simple ones like monotype (all your Pokemon must share a type) annnd monocolor (all Pokemon much be a certain color). Then there's like... the Random Pokemon Challenge where someone picks your team for you based on the guidelines you give them. Basically each challenge have their own rules in how you complete the game!

hnnng yeah the BGM. ;u; feels every time.

Lycanthropy

Years

Some challenges limit themselves just to some requirements in your team building, others affect gameplay too, like limited use of PokéCenters or items.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back