• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch Out For Ghosts... (Read first post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years

The only reason the Gastly line gets so much praise is because it was the only Kanto Ghost-type and as you know, we have loads of people who still wear nostalgia goggles.

Years

Im not wearing nostalgia googles.
    Its one of the most original looking evolution lines.
    What can he they compared to? A lamp? A tree? A balloon. Yeah right. Also it has one of the funniest and best background stories. And they were featured in the anime way too many times for anyone to say they're being watched with nostalgia googles.
    I'd like to know your favorite ghosts so awesome, rather then repeating the "genwunners" and "nostalgia" arguments which are invalid and repetitive :P
    Just sayin'

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday

My favorite Ghost-type is Phantump, due to its background story. They're the souls of dead children who get lost in the forest. And their evolution traps people in the forest, so there will be more dead souls, which means more dead children.

Their shiny colors are also awesome, since it means they can blend in with winter forests, or a forest full of birch trees in the autumn. Dead souls for all seasons!

Years

I think Phantump and Pumpkaboo's lines have really attractive shiny coloring for some reason. The purple really suits Pumpkaboo well. The statement Astinus gave about Phantump is definitely one to agree with.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

Pumpkaboo's pretty cute, but my favorite Ghost-type (as of today) is probably Shedinja, simply because it's related to Ninjask (who happens to be one of my favorites). :D

banjopop7_7

Unova’s superhero!
    Years
    My favorite Ghost-types are Pumpkaboo, Phantump and Litwick. they are all three so cute, something you dont expect from ghosts. I also really liked using drifblim in my random Pokemon challenge, so that one get's a special place for me aswell

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years

I really adore Pumpkaboo's design and it's been a long time coming for Halloween-themed Pokemon. In fact, I'm so surprised it took them this long. (I thought with the Americanization of PokeWorld in Unova, such ideas should've been relevant.)

Years

The one thing that makes Pumpkaboo unique is its size variants and how each one has different stats to go with it. This means that each size has a different use competitively.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I love Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist but I haven't used one on team yet. Definitely planning on doing so sometime whenever I get the chance to.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

GUYS I'M FINALLY FINISHED EXAMS I'M FREE YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH <3 What have I missed? :D

I don't like Pumpkaboo much at all, it's a really strange looking Pokémon but not in a good way haha. The evolution is just ew :(

Years

I think Unova definitely had the most unique Ghost-types in my opinion, as they introduced some nice dual typings on most of them. Kalos was not too far behind though.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I s2g Ozzy hates all my favorites guys. Although no Pumpkaboo isn't an absolute favorite he doesn't like Pikachu or Totodile. :( Probably doesn't like Bellossom or Espeon either. Or any of my other favorites.

Years

You think that is bad? Most of this sub forum's members dont agree with me on best Pokemon cos they're all into cute pink stuff, and dont realize that beast Pokemon are superior lol.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Nah I honestly think you're just seeing the wrong members. I'm sure there are plenty that think the same you do.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back