• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    Also, has anyone else been surprised ingame by the horror that is Araquanid?...
    Watch out for Ghosts...

I actually find him badass :D

In fact to the point where I'm definitely bringing one onto my team as soon as I encounter it even though I picked water.

Years

I feel bad for all the non-Popplio new Water-types. Most of them don't evolve, and Pyukumuku is downright useless in an in-game run due to being nothing but defensive and too much like Shuckle.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

I love chaining so heck yeah Ive tried out SOS chaining! Im curious btw, is Chain Fishing still a thing in sumo?

As far as I know chain fishing is not in Gen 7. However as fishing for anything that's not Magikarp or Wishiwashi is a chore it's probably for the best.

I got my second Gen 7 Shiny today. It's a male Alolan Grimer after a chain of 27 SOS calls. It's purple...just like regular Kanto Grimer.

Shiny Alolan Muk looks great though. The purple really goes with the pink and yellow better than the regular colourations green.

Being given an Alolan form has really given Muk one of Gen 1's forgotten Pokemon a new lease of life.

What would Samson Oak make of it?

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

I'd like to think Shiny Alolan Grimer are actually regular Kanto Grimer that have wandered into Aloha somehow and adapted accordingly.

Still pleasantly surprised how quickly I found a Shiny Alolan form and how useful Alolan Muk is in battle.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

I havent actually seen much at all of any new shiny forms so I dont really have an opinion

Haha, same goes for me, though I do kind of wish that Dartrix's shiny form was red so it could look more like Miles Edgeworth from Ace Attorney! xD Like come on, the resemblance was already there LOL.

Spoiler:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

In that case, you should also totally play X/Y if you haven't done so yet! xD Kalos was a lot of fun, believe me! The only thing that disappointed me was the post-game, but I didn't mind too much since the actual story kept me hooked and engaged for a very long time. Oh and I also wish Z Version existed but don't even get me started on that, haha.

I heard many different things about XY, but to know for sure I'm going to have to check those out for myself, wouldn't I? Might be doing that at some point after Moon. Gen 6 games aren't compatible with Gen 7, are they?

Also, has anyone else been surprised ingame by the horror that is Araquanid?...
    Watch out for Ghosts...

It's Sun PokéDex entry: "It delivers headbutts with the water bubble on its head. Small Pokémon get sucked into the bubble, where they drown."

That's not just a horror, that thing is pure evil! D:

As far as I know chain fishing is not in Gen 7. However as fishing for anything that's not Magikarp or Wishiwashi is a chore it's probably for the best.

I got my second Gen 7 Shiny today. It's a male Alolan Grimer after a chain of 27 SOS calls. It's purple...just like regular Kanto Grimer.

Shiny Alolan Muk looks great though. The purple really goes with the pink and yellow better than the regular colourations green.

Being given an Alolan form has really given Muk one of Gen 1's forgotten Pokemon a new lease of life.

What would Samson Oak make of it?

Have you managed to get a Mareanie yet? Getting those should be a fisherman's nightmare from what I've heard.
    Spoiler:

Congrats on the Grimer btw!

Haha, same goes for me, though I do kind of wish that Dartrix's shiny form was red so it could look more like Miles Edgeworth from Ace Attorney! xD Like come on, the resemblance was already there LOL.

Spoiler:

Omg haha, that is so true! Which Pokémon would be Wright then? Torracat?

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Mareanie I do not have yet but I have found the Grass/Ghost Anchor and Gabite. I have bred a few Gible's too.

An SOS encounter in a rare encounter as it is. How hard does it need to be to find Pokémon? I think Lapras is a super rare find again in Gen 7 as it was in Gen 5. Feebas is also now annoyingly rare and I got his and Milotic's Dex entry out of the way early.

Thank you. Purple Alolan Muk is doing well in my playthrough.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

Well I mean SOS fights arent too hard to encounter right? Especially if you pay a small P300 for an Adrenaline Orb? I encounter too many of them tbh but the orbs can help too I think, unless I just heard wrong then.... If Im right then simply finding the Corsola to begin with is the hardest part.

Still a bit upset that we still have to have only one Pokemon left on the field to catch one, especially since now it has that possibility to go on foreverrrr!.... Though taking that down wouldve been an ofd move since it was the same for 3 gens before...

Is anyone else getting really nostalgic or something ive been wanting to play emerald all day?? finally get the chance to later when i can get my gba out again but i also gotta lot to do today/tonight.... ~_~

Meadow

Years

I heard many different things about XY, but to know for sure I'm going to have to check those out for myself, wouldn't I? Might be doing that at some point after Moon. Gen 6 games aren't compatible with Gen 7, are they?

YESSS YOU REALLY NEED TO PLAY THEM. ^^ I wish I could answer that last question, but I don't even have Gen 7 yet lmao.

Omg haha, that is so true! Which Pokémon would be Wright then? Torracat?

Wright has totally gotta be a Swellow, haha. I mean, just look at his hairstyle. xD

Spoiler:

Is anyone else getting really nostalgic or something ive been wanting to play emerald all day?? finally get the chance to later when i can get my gba out again but i also gotta lot to do today/tonight.... ~_~

I actually had a huge urge to play Generation IV again several months ago, so I ended up beating Platinum for the first time in years after dropping it around Sunnyshore Gym! I quit around 2009/2010-ish because my save file got corrupted back then, and the shock of that happening just left me completely discouraged to start over until recently!

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    I actually had a huge urge to play Generation IV again several months ago, so I ended up beating Platinum for the first time in years after dropping it around Sunnyshore Gym! I quit around 2009/2010-ish because my save file got corrupted back then, and the shock of that happening just left me completely discouraged to start over until recently!

I tried to get on emerald earlier but I couldnt remember what I was doing just that I had some kind of challenge going, so I wasted over an hour looking for a Derp Emerald rom on my phone(nonjailbroken ios device=i have to find it prepatched=pain in the a-) and then tried for a Delta Emerald which I didnt find either and just sat with a randomized one instead, but before I started playing I remembered the Amazing PC Race challenge I had to put off earleir today so I just played Emolga's Treetop Roundup for 4 hours straight. I have a life tho, really.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

As I'm using Primarina's Z Crystal I have only really seen the Water Z Move Dance but the Grass Z-move dance does look like fun.

Not to mention the very serious faces some of the characters have when teaching you the dance.

Surprised at how it is easier to get a Lunala (For a Passimian) than a Lapras on the GTS. :0

Meadow

Years

I haven't seen any of the Z-Move dances in the games yet, but are they anything like Ash's dance moves in the the Sun & Moon anime ending? Gonna embed it from YouTube as a reference:

I'm pretty sure he starts doing the Z-Move poses around 0:35 in the video, so if you'd like to skip to there, go ahead! (The song is suuuuper catchy though, LOL.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back