• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

We already got 7... how about 17?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I'm talking Eeveelutions. We already got it for 7 types (Dark, Psychic, Fire, Water, Grass, Ice, and Electric... and normal if you count Eevee. Do you suspect Nintendo will make an Eeveelution for all the other elements?

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Who knows? :S
    I doubt they'll make one for all elements (ones such as Normal, Ground if they pick Rock and vice-versa and bug) but I assume they'll make more Eeveelutions :D

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Probably.

Including a Normal-type Eeveelution (and America will look on here and decide on "Eeveon" for an American-given name XD).

And perhaps, once they're done with that, and if Pokemon still exists, they might go on to making dual-type Eeveelutions. Now there's a scary thought X_X

That's 17 permutation 2, isn't it?

Plus the other 17 evolutions...

Edit: So that'd be 17 times 16 plus 17.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Probably.

Including a Normal-type Eeveelution (and America will look on here and decide on "Eeveon" for an American-given name XD).

And perhaps, once they're done with that, and if Pokemon still exists, they might go on to making dual-type Eeveelutions. Now there's a scary thought X_X

That's 17 permutation 2, isn't it?

Plus the other 17 evolutions...

Edit: So that'd be 17 times 16 plus 17.

To much math, but I never thought about dual eeveelution types.... Thats a nice idea.... and a lot of eeveelutions!

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    that's 289 eeveelutions :O

If pokemon keeps going for, say, five more generations, they will probably do all the types. I doubt they'd move onto dual-types, though. if they did...you could make an entire hack from nothing but eeveelutions. XD

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    that's 289 eeveelutions :O

If pokemon keeps going for, say, five more generations, they will probably do all the types. I doubt they'd move onto dual-types, though. if they did...you could make an entire hack from nothing but eeveelutions. XD

Talk about nuts! You make a whole game on it!
    But I doubt that they would do ALL the dual types, maybe a few.

Selene Gallio

Southern Belle
    Years
    Aren't the Eevee evolutions representing the natural elements?I assume that since we already have evolutions that represent "fire","electricity","water","night","day","ice" and "grass",the only possible evolutions would be those that represent "sky"/Flying-type-,or "earth"/Ground-type.

If you ask me,though,I think we've got enough.At least,I'm glad that Eevee could be caught in the Trophy Garden in Diamond and Pearl,which was very relieving,seeing that in the previous games we had to wait for our Eevee and Ditto to breed together,then spend a considerable amount of time waiting for these stupid eggs to hatch...

syuunikiss

4000+ Eggs Hatched
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2011
    Some of those dual types would be pretty weird though, I mean fire and ice together? Puddleon? Dark and ghost eevee would be too good, too. Look creepy AND have no weaknesses, that'd be amazing.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I think so, it'll just take sometime for them to do it all...I would like to see what the ground one looks like though...

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    And who knows, they might invent new types. So you'd have 18 permutation 2, 19 permutation 2, ew... And if they had a maximum of THREE types to a Pokemon (I highly doubt it, but... X_X).

I still want to see a Shadow type. Only because I loved the Orre region that much XD And a Light type. And both would be like Ghost and Dragon Pokemon - they're super effective against each other. But Shadow would also be weak against Dark and its own type other than Light, and Light would be weak against Ghost and Dark other than Shadow. But idk.

I want to see how they'd do a Fighting Eeveelution. They'd probably have to make it stand up XD

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    I think they are going to make a dragon type evolution then stop by the pattern they seem to be using.

Years
    It would be cool to get some more types for eevee evolutions, and we probably will, but I think 17 is pushing it. It's just too many for one pokemon. I rather see entirely new species than a bunch more with a similar design but a different type.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The current Eevee types are those who mostly use Special attack moves if you think about it. The only other types I can think of are Poison(polluted environment, Rock(crystal based, evolves in a special cave) Ground(Mud based, evolves in a marsh?) and thats it.

Feathing

Water Gym Master
    Years
    As HazaDivo said, Nintendo only did new evolutions for the Special Types... The only Special Type left is Dragon.
    I think it would be a bad idea to make a Dragon eeveelution, because the Dragon Type is often given to Legendaries and very unique and powerful Pokemon. A Dragon eeveelution would leave the other ones in a lower rank.

For the rest of the Types, I see it unlikely to happen, those Types have "normal" evolutions, we neer saw an Steel Pokemon evolving by a rock, or a place, or something... Besides, it would boring to have so many Types (that's my opinion) and it would be so complicated... I mean, I already dislike the idea of a evolution in a single place.. I liked when all the evolutions were based in magic rocks... I would make Espeon=Solar Stone. Umbreon=Lunar Stone. Leafeon=Leave Stone. Glaceon=¿? Stone and maybe a Dragon eeveelution=another Stone and end of story.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    We definately do not need 17 EVs. The elements chosen are good enough, and keep Eevee "somewhat" unique.

Let's not forget that most of the Eevees (especially the newer ones) aren't exactly "creative". I like Jolteon the best though =]

Back