• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

We already got 7... how about 17?

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    If Pokemon follows standard anime trend, the Normal Eeveeolution will turn out to be the most overall effective. Hell, maybe Eevee will evolve into Arceus, XD. :P

Years
    I would really love to see steel, and I'm betting a flying type would be absolutely adorable (:
    Dragon would be neat, and I guess the only others I'd really like to see are rock and ghost.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    There really should be a Normal evo for it. Eevee is said to evolve considering the conditions of its surroundings right? Well what if it lives in home with its trainer?

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Honey, not if it was an evolution. I mean, if it evolved under no tough conditions what woould it turn into? Orthoneon! Duh! Lol.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    Eevee is a Pokemon with strange DNA.
    It is basically a mutant that can change depending on it's surroundings.
    It can't change unless the environment changes and since it's already in a form that suits it's environment it has no reason to change.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    No, Eevee is the blank slate. Even living a docile, housebound life is a type of exposure. It would probably turn into some rare, fancy creature. Possibly the Dragon Form.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    Things don't evolve if there isn't a reason to evolve.
    Eevee is already perfectly suitable to it's environment so it doesn't have to evolve.
    It would only evolve if the environment changes.
    Besides I think Eevee is already the product of an house living environment.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I highly doubt it. That's just too many different ways to evolve one single Pokémon. They may make a few more, but I highly doubt it'll be for all the types.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2009
    I hope they at least make some more. I mean that would be awesome. xD

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Things don't evolve if there isn't a reason to evolve.
    Eevee is already perfectly suitable to it's environment so it doesn't have to evolve.
    It would only evolve if the environment changes.
    Besides I think Eevee is already the product of an house living environment.

Plenty of pokemon evolve for no reason a all.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    God i hate eevee with a passion not because it is not useful or anything i just hate how overused and over appreciated they are their good but there not that good the best were the first five it should of stoped so i hope no i pray to god they dont make more and im an athesit

Years
    Plenty of pokemon evolve for no reason a all.

You're not getting the point here. The whole concept and idea of Eevee is that it evolves and adapts to its area around it when it needs to. Yes, other pokemon evolve for basically no reason, but Eevee is different. Eevee is already a normal type, so it makes absolutely no sense for it to get a normal evolution. :P Here are a few Pokedex references to back up my point.

"It has the ability to alter the composition of its body to suit its surrounding environment."
    "Its irregularly configured DNA is affected by its surroundings. It evolves if its environment changes."
    "Its ability to evolve into many forms allows it to adapt smoothly and perfectly to any environment."
    "A rare Pokémon that adapts to harsh environments by taking on different evolutionary forms."

People can argue that the Pokedex doesn't exactly make sense at some times, but those are entries from over three different generation of the Pokemon games, and they all say the same thing basically. So, no, there will not be a normal type Eevee evolution. As Eevee is already a normal type, there would be no need for it to evolve into another normal type, as it would already be suitable in that environment. The entire scientific concept of evolution is that creatures evolve when they absolutely need to - while this is not the case for all pokemon, it is for Eevee.

Last edited:
    Years
    Hate to rain on your parade, but technically Eevee could get another normal type evolution. It could be "upgraded" in a similar fashion to Porygon. Enter a new gene to Eevee's already unstable DNA and it could mutate further without a new environment, so it wouldn't change type (except perhaps become Steel?).

Years
    Hate to rain on your parade, but technically Eevee could get another normal type evolution. It could be "upgraded" in a similar fashion to Porygon. Enter a new gene to Eevee's already unstable DNA and it could mutate further without a new environment, so it wouldn't change type (except perhaps become Steel?).

Porygon isn't Eevee - it doesn't evolve to adapt to its surroundings. Unless they change everything about Eevee, there won't be a normal evolution. As we've seen so far, you can't just "enter a new gene" into Eevee. I wouldn't mind seeing a normal type evolution of Eevee, but it will not happen because it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever, and isn't needed.

"Technically" anything can happen to a pokemon. Eevee could suddenly have its sprite redone in the next generation and look like a rat instead - could this happen? Technically, it could, but clearly it won't. This is the same case for Eevee and a normal evolution. The first example is a little extreme, but I'm pretty sure you get my point. :p

Years
    Porygon isn't Eevee - it doesn't evolve to adapt to its surroundings. Unless they change everything about Eevee, there won't be a normal evolution. As we've seen so far, you can't just "enter a new gene" into Eevee. I wouldn't mind seeing a normal type evolution of Eevee, but it will not happen because it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever, and isn't needed.

"Technically" anything can happen to a pokemon. Eevee could suddenly have its sprite redone in the next generation and look like a rat instead - could this happen? Technically, it could, but clearly it won't. This is the same case for Eevee and a normal evolution. The first example is a little extreme, but I'm pretty sure you get my point. :p

Of course Porygon isn't Eevee, but it isn't a remarkable stretch of imagination to see the similarities in concept.
    Porygon is upgraded (read: evolves) to perform better. Eevee upgrades itself to perform better naturally, but only in specific environments.
    "As we've seen so far" Eevee can't evolve into anything other than what we've seen, so what's the point in this topic? Eevee itself is a biological impossibility, DNA will not suddenly mutate because it's a little chilly. The "scientific" explanation is no doubt radiation from stones. But then, how do Espeon and Umbreon exist? No stones happen there, radiation from the moon and sun triggered by happiness?
    What's to say a similar concept cannot happen in an urban environment? Eevee is exposed to the radiation that triggers its mutant DNA, but without a new environment to adapt to?

"Technically" Eevee and all Pokemon do not exist therefore it is illogical to discuss them as they have no impact on our future and so is a complete waste of time.
    Go figure.

Years
    They should have only made 6 and stuck with a common theme of Eevee evolving from stones.

Arboreon (Leafeon) - Leaf Stone
    Espeon - Sun Stone
    Flareon - Fire Stone
    Jolteon - Thunder Stone
    Umbreon - Moon Stone
    Vaporeon - Water Stone

No evolving from random rocks off the beaten path, no evolving at a specific time, and no Glaceon. I do like the name change from Leafeon to Arboreon! Though I could accept Eevee evolving from a Dawn Stone and a Dusk Stone... but I must admit I never liked their addition to the game.

Lustreon ('Lustr'ious + 'eon') - Dawn Stone - Ground type, a bejeweled Eeveelution that could use Power Gem, Dig, Magnitude. Steel and Rock types are already close to Ground types in movesets and Steel lacks Special attacks.

Apotheon - Dusk Stone - ('Apoth'ecary + 'eon') - Poison type, a deep purple Eeveelution with a ring of purple bubbles/beads around their neck that are like bubbles from a cauldron. Maybe add fangs and yellow cat eyes. Closer looking to a tattered black cat of a witch with a kinked tail. Able to use Sludge Bomb, Acid and Smog. My only fear is that Flareon can use a few Poison type moves already.

What about Fighting, Dragon, Flying, Ghost and Bug types? Fighting would be hard to implement since Eeveelutions are quadropeds. Flying types would mean adding random wings and we already have a hedgehog that morphs into a flying raindeer after it gets high from sniffing poppies. Turning an Eevee into a Dragon type would be pushing it a little too far, since you cannot really Dragon-ize Eevee or come up with a good Dragon+'eon' name. Ghost and Bug types seemed too close to Dark and Grass, and well lets be honest... who would want to see a bug eyed Eeveelution?

Back