• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weakest legendary Pokémon?

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Power trick switches atk for def and i think sp def for sp atk so once a shuckle uses power trick its attack could reach 614 and its defense could go as low as 22 Clefable's purpose is to use follow me so no one can attack shuckle and all the attacks are hiting Clefable because Shuckle would be taken out in one hut if he used Power trick.

I think the weakest legendary is probably Manaphy
    Ooh yeah yeah you're right, I got mixed up with another move, sorry! But yeah that combination can be pretty deadly lol.

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    Phione doesn't evolve into Manaphy making Manaphy unbreedable, which makes Manaphy a legend and Phione not because it can be bred, but enough about that the first post said not to debate it.

And on a one on one Manaphy could easily win. Sheercold and other OHKO moves are banned for being cheap and lack no skill whatsoever. I guess your standards are in-game rather than competitive play Poke.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    For those of you saying Manaphy is the weakest legendary, you haven't obviously used it in competitive battling. Tail Glow can be a deadly set up move if you allow it to set up on it. 100 to all stats is very solid IMO. It might be outclassed by some other base stat 680 legendaries or similar, but it is otherwise still a good legendary.

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Phione doesn't evolve into Manaphy making Manaphy unbreedable, which makes Manaphy a legend and Phione not because it can be bred, but enough about that the first post said not to debate it.

And on a one on one Manaphy could easily win. Sheercold and other OHKO moves are banned for being cheap and lack no skill whatsoever. I guess your standards are in-game rather than competitive play Poke.
    That's true, OHKO moves are frowned upon, even though they have a low-hit percentage. Mind-reader + OHKO move just isn't fun anymore, because like you say, it has nothing to do with skill. The compensation for OHKO moves is the fact that they only hit for 30%, so with mind reader it's just overpowered.

poke are poke

mischievous
    Years
    Ya I not so good in competitve play. Usally moves like lock-on or mind reader are used for moves like blizzard, thunder.etc. I not saying manpy is weakest. I just saying articuno is the weakest. All the legendary birds ( exculding lugia) are 4x weakness to rock but articuno has a very shallow movepool as mentioned before so it IS weak not the weakest. The weakest are ones like angleic legendary. Isn't time for a vote or poll?

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    Ya I not so good in competitve play. Usally moves like lock-on or mind reader are used for moves like blizzard, thunder.etc. I not saying manpy is weakest. I just saying articuno is the weakest. All the legendary birds ( exculding lugia) are 4x weakness to rock but articuno has a very shallow movepool as mentioned before so it IS weak not the weakest. The weakest are ones like angleic legendary. Isn't time for a vote or poll?

Actually, Zapdos only has a 2x weakness to Rock. But, yeah Articuno does have a limited movepool. However, the one legendary I really don't like is Regigigas. I say this because its ability takes its potential way down.

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
    I will have to go with Manaphy as well. Like stated before, it doesn't learn any real "awesome" moves.

For Articuno, I have never used it in-game. I have always liked it's design, though. Like stated before, OHKO moves are considered cheap because the lack of skill, if they hit, it just takes the fun out of battling. Yes they may have very low accuracy, but it's still cheap when it hits. I actually have a Victini on White and I gotta say, this little guy can really bring the pain when used properly. Mew on the other hand can learn every TM and HM, which can make him very deadly with the possibility of being a baton passer. Like using Swords Dance and then baton passing to a Dragonite.....comon?!

I still stand with Manaphy as the weakest Legend. However, I stand with Mew for being the most unpredictable Legend.

Snorelacks

Well not really, Mew can learn any TM and it has been distributed through certain events. Mew is good because it's completely unpredictable I believe it has the biggest movepool. But I could be wrong.

Mew's Movepool is second to Smeargle, who can learn all moves but Chatter. :D

Also, I think Manaphy is pretty weak. Just because it gets Nasty Plot (in the form of Tail Glow) doesn't mean it can do its awful Special Attack any justice.

Also, Skymin and Palkia are excellent, the former being a favorite of mine. I would never, ever consider them weak.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    Why is everyone hating on Manaphy? Seriously? First of all, it doesn't have "awful Special Attack." Manaphy's base stats are identical to Mew's. Also, though it's movepool isn't as wide as others, here's a great moveset I've actually used with Manaphy in-game:

Tail Glow
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Psychic

It's also able to learn Shadow Ball and Energy Ball. I don't see anything wrong with Manaphy at all. It's one of my favorite Legendaries.

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    @Snorelacks: If you can't consider Skymin to be weak, how can you consider Manaphy to be weak? They have the same exact stats and it has a bigger movepool with access to the biggest Special ATK boosting move. Not to mention less weaknesses. And Nasty Plot only raises it special atk by 2 stages as of Gen V it now raises it's special ATK by 3 stages, making it superior to Nasty Plot.

I also agree with Deoxys, not to mention it can learn various other moves through 4G move tutor. I also agree that Regigigas couldn't be considered the weakest due to it's ability. But, Regigigas has base 110 defense/special defense/ and HP making it a reasonable defensive Pokemon until it's 5 turns are up. Then it can become a tank. But that rarely ever happens.

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Mew's Movepool is second to Smeargle, who can learn all moves but Chatter. :D

Also, I think Manaphy is pretty weak. Just because it gets Nasty Plot (in the form of Tail Glow) doesn't mean it can do its awful Special Attack any justice.

Also, Skymin and Palkia are excellent, the former being a favorite of mine. I would never, ever consider them weak.
    Smeargle's movepool is very limited actually, because it can only get moves from its opponents, so it's based on luck, and it just depends on your opponent.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
    Hmmmm.... Manaphy is not really what one would think of when you think "legendary." But personally, I think Suicune is the weakest because of its low speed. I battled with it on PBR and it lost every, single, time... -_-;

It's in the OU tier. I hardly think that Suicune is the weakest. Nor is Manaphy, Manaphy is quite good. And Gothitelle, Palkia is actually really strong. Just because you think that any Pokemon that has pink as a color or looks feminine is "dainty" and "weak", doesn't make it so. That's really kind of sexist of you, calling any Pokemon that you think look feminine weak and helpless. Just look at how good Blissey and Palkia are. Anyway, Palkia has phenominal typing (Only 1 weakness!), a decent movepool, excellent stats (Speed and Special Attack is great!), and good STAB that make it a dominant force in the Uber tier. Now weakest, that would be Articuno. x4 Stealth Rock weakness? Ugh, no thank you. Plus, Articuno has no redeeming traits to make up for that, unlike Volcarona, who is a good enough lead/special sweeper with Quiver Dance to make up for it. Add the fact that Ice is a horrible type, and you have one bad Pokemon.

Last edited:

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
    Years
    Actually, Zapdos only has a 2x weakness to Rock. But, yeah Articuno does have a limited movepool. However, the one legendary I really don't like is Regigigas. I say this because its ability takes its potential way down.

If you use Trick Room when Regigigas is brought out it becomes quite fast and Trick Room runs out at the same time as its abillity. Or you could use Gastro Acid if in a double battle.

What about Uxie? Its just a weaker Cresselia ^_^

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
    I know I say her alot, but Palkia. she has so many weaknesses. And she's dainty and was cowardly in the anime. That's why I think she's the weakest.

I say if you can get killed easily no matter what and cant dish a move, then they are weak.
    Anime and Games are completely different. Because the anime is sappy and overemotional. And 1 weakness (to Dragon) is "so many"? And as I said, Palkia is quite strong. And about the "she" thing, I would direct your attention for her...ahem...interestingly shaped head, did I give a crap about your ramblings. Plus, why is it that when you like a Pokemon, you always say that they're weak? I don't know why you do this, maybe to make them seem like underdogs, because people who like underdogs are generally respected. I mean you have whined about Gothitelle this way for a really long time, now you say this about Palkia?!?!? What's next, you will think that Palkia is good at some style of battling that it isn't? Just like your delusions that Gothitelle is the "Perfect" Physical Attacker? If you like a Pokemon for it's appearance, just say you do and get over with it! You don't have to hate every Pokemon you like! Back to the topic, I think any Ice-type legendary isn't good at all. Ice, competitively, is horrible, with only Weavile being notable. Another legend that I don't really like is Giratina-O. It is easily brought down with Crunch or even Pursuit, and yet most of my friends use it.

Years
    Personally I dislike Kyurem because it had a terrible move-pool and easy to predict in battles. It's special move is also a drag because of the 65 power that it has. It would be way better if it had a 40% chance to freeze a Pokémon. Don't even get me started on Manaphy because it has the most predictable move-pool yet. It didn't look to good in the Anime too.

Last edited:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    Personally I dislike Kyurem because it had a terrible move-pool and easy to predict in battles. It's special move is also a drag because of the 65 power that it has. It would be way better if it had a 40% chance to freeze a Pokémon. Don't even get me started on Manaphy because it has the most predictable move-pool yet. It didn't look to good in the Anime too.

While when you catch Kyurem, his moves aren't very good, he has an excellent learnset. Looking at his moveset, his best bet would be a special sweeper with, this is the moveset I would use, Dragon Pulse, Ice Beam, Psychic, and Shadow Ball. As far as Manaphy, see my previous post.

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    Kyurem is only let down by it's terrible typing. It's movepool is pretty decent (could always be better though) and it does have great offensive stats. I believe it's 135 ATK and 135 Special ATK. That's nothing you can shrug off. Ice is a good offensive type, but defensively it's just terrible. It only resists Ice and has 4 weaknesses. Giving Kyurem common weaknesses to Rock, Steel, Fighting, and Dragon. Perhaps if it had a better ability it would actually be a lot better.

Years
    Anime and Games are completely different. Because the anime is sappy and overemotional. And 1 weakness (to Dragon) is "so many"? And as I said, Palkia is quite strong. And about the "she" thing, I would direct your attention for her...ahem...interestingly shaped head, did I give a crap about your ramblings. Plus, why is it that when you like a Pokemon, you always say that they're weak? I don't know why you do this, maybe to make them seem like underdogs, because people who like underdogs are generally respected. I mean you have whined about Gothitelle this way for a really long time, now you say this about Palkia?!?!? What's next, you will think that Palkia is good at some style of battling that it isn't? Just like your delusions that Gothitelle is the "Perfect" Physical Attacker? If you like a Pokemon for it's appearance, just say you do and get over with it! You don't have to hate every Pokemon you like! Back to the topic, I think any Ice-type legendary isn't good at all. Ice, competitively, is horrible, with only Weavile being notable. Another legend that I don't really like is Giratina-O. It is easily brought down with Crunch or even Pursuit, and yet most of my friends use it.

They *are* underdogs. Alot like Dialga better, there's more to the fanbase than PC and Smoogen. Other forums and Youtube, there's not a alot of Palkia love. And the other one you speak of, you know everyone hates her. Even Smoogen and I've gotten alot of flack for liking her.

Back