• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weakest legendary Pokémon?

Years
    I know that legendary Pokémon are seen as supreme beings with awesome powers and they kinda are. But which one in your opinion is the weakest one? or ones?

I'll have to go with the dainty ones, like Palkia and Shaymin.

(oh and like I said on Serebii, dont fight over whether Phione is a legendary or not)

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I'm gonna go straight in and mention Manaphy. It doesn't learn anything special and seriously isn't really anything special either.

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    Manaphy is alright it gets Tail Glow and is pretty good in rain. I say it's Articuno, it's typing is horrible to try and do whatever you wanna make it do and it's never used anymore. That's what I think anyways.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
    Years
    Manaphy is alright it gets Tail Glow and is pretty good in rain. I say it's Articuno, it's typing is horrible to try and do whatever you wanna make it do and it's never used anymore. That's what I think anyways.

Articuno's Mind Reader/Sheer cold combo makes it beast actually... It's one of the few pokemon that can learn such a thing. Plus, Agility is much more useful than Heart Swap. I think Manaphy loses here.

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    Articuno also has a x4 weakness to rock, which is probably the biggest reason nobody uses him. And I believe it's only resistant to grass and bug.. I could be wrong.

pixiefroggy

Awesome Ace Trainer:P
    Years
    Hmmmm.... Manaphy is not really what one would think of when you think "legendary." But personally, I think Suicune is the weakest because of its low speed. I battled with it on PBR and it lost every, single, time... -_-;

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Just because a Pokemon looks weak doesn't mean it is weak (applies to legendaries too). Palkia and Victini can certainly hold their own in battles.

As for my opinion, however, I think Articuno is one of the weakest legendary Pokemon because of its shallow movepool (competitively).

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    Articuno's Mind Reader/Sheer cold combo makes it beast actually... It's one of the few pokemon that can learn such a thing. Plus, Agility is much more useful than Heart Swap. I think Manaphy loses here.
    Taunt or Protect completely shuts down mind reader/sheer cold combo. Plus OHKO moves are generally frowned upon. It also has one of the worst defensive typing. As beast of a pokemon it might be, I'd have to vote for Articuno.

Years
    Just because a Pokemon looks weak doesn't mean it is weak (applies to legendaries too). Palkia and Victini can certainly hold their own in battles.

On Palkia, Rise of Darkrai says differently. Like I said on Serebii and mind you that I never refer to Pokemon as "its" so Palkia and Giratina will be refered to as females and Dialga as a male. Disclaimer over, down to my reasoning:

Palkia is underrated. She's rather hated because she's not bulky powerful like Dialga. I personally think Giratina is better because of her movepool, she's cuter and she can learn cute moves like Sleep Talk, Shadow Claw and Aqua Tail. But Palkia is my number 2 favorite when it comes to the Creation Trio.

I'm not going to deny however that Giratina and Palkia are both weak. I find Palkia to be weaker because in Rise of Darkrai, she was in battle with Dialga and the minute he wounded her with Roar of Time, all she can do is try to get away from him. I'm saying that even Palkia, herself, knew she was weak. If Palkia wasn't weak or didn't see herself that way, she would have still faught him.

Even when she knocked Dialga onto the ground in Almos Town, he still proceeded to go after her. She knew that he can very well kick her butt, so she sealed the town into a different dimension and fled there. Palkia wanted to hide herself from Dialga because she was too weak to fight him. She finally had to get up and fight after her running away from him wasn't working. Because he's that much stronger and will not leave her alone until he "teaches her a lesson".

Giratina on the other hand, she's weak but she doesn't care how strong you are, she'll teach you a lesson to the fullest extent. She's no coward. Dialga won that fight because he's stronger and more glorified but Giratina has her own strong points.

Tl;dr, Palkia was weak in the anime so she's the weakest of the tro, overall she's up there with Shaymin and maybe Regice

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    you

On a more serious note, the weakest legendary Pokemon would really be Articuno, competitively talking. I mean, it doesn't really have anything that makes it shine out unlike Suicune, or Palkia, or Manaphy, or Giratina. But if I would judge by the looks, it would probably be Shaymin. Just so.

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    Palkia is by far not the weakest Legendary, I mean so it's not as bulky but it's offensive stats are amazing and not to mention it's typing only giving it one weakness. Not many Pokemon, especially legendaries can say that.

My vote still goes to Articuno because as said before OHKO moves are frowned upon, so the mind reader + Sheer Cold combo just destroys the only chance Articuno had of becoming actually pretty decent.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    The Chia Pet is not a weakling! Not at all.

I put my vote in for the regis. Regigigas has Slow Start, so it's going nowhere. The rest of the trio aren't very useful. In the Mystery of Mew, the whole trio was held back by a single Lucario at the Tree of Beginning. For the games, the only actual regi I would use is Registeel, but that's still in the UU tier, simply being a support/wall. The others have lost their niche thanks to bad stats/typing/ability. Out of the trio, I'd choose Regice.

eightyeight0880

Shadow Avenger
    Years
    I Have To SAY Manaphy,Articuno Is a Sheer Beast In Comparison
    (either way it goes Just Becouse Its A Ledgendary Dosnt Mean Its The<BEST> Pokemon Anyways.)

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    Shaymin is not that bad, it's Sky form is really fast, plus Seed Flare is a pretty cool move.

Back