• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Week Five: I Hate That Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Indeed. A real life Makoto wouldn't really have that success, I'm quite sure of that.
Actually... that would be interesting to test =D

Characters like Mikado from DRRR and Inaho from Aldnoah Zero are character types - completely coolheaded in spite of circumstances that should warrant at least some slight emotion indicative of pressure - that really throw off my suspension of disbelief, especially since they're quite young and have not had near-death experiences.
I agree that the level of belief is lower, but does that mean you would prefer wimpy MCs to add a level of realness?
It's an anime, it's supposed to be unreal =D

Every episode it's basically borderline rape almost with her going up to one of the boys in the reverse harem > hopes to help them > gets blood sucked out of her and doesn't run for it > goes back for round 2 the next episode.
Isn't that to appeal to both groups watching the reverse harem series? =D

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years

I agree that the level of belief is lower, but does that mean you would prefer wimpy MCs to add a level of realness?
It's an anime, it's supposed to be unreal =D
If wimpy = showing even the slightest of emotions, then by all means yes I encourage that. Inaho hardly seemed to care that a classmate was killed in front of. In fact he looked it was just an everyday affair. TBQH he didn't feel like a MC to me. (He's more like the audience who would not flinch at anime death lol)

Also, that is such a cheap excuse to cover up poor writing (or at least writing that has room for improvement).

Years
If wimpy = showing even the slightest of emotions, then by all means yes I encourage that. Inaho hardly seemed to care that a classmate was killed in front of. In fact he looked it was just an everyday affair. TBQH he didn't feel like a MC to me. (He's more like the audience who would not flinch at anime death lol)

Also, that is such a cheap excuse to cover up poor writing (or at least writing that has room for improvement).

The thing is anime watchers prefer emotionless characters over even wimpy characters(That's why for example Shinji Ikari from NGE had a lot of hate. Even if he was really well written).

From what I've read people like the Gary sue emotionless characters because they can self-insert themselves in the copy/paste character. Look at this this way, we have Kirito. He is a person who chose to have no social life and "waste" his days away with games. Whatever situation he is in he has a fix for it. Even if it contradicts his personality, just because he can. Even if he is antisocial the girls still flock to him and he start to form his own harem( the dream). So people start to think "Well if he can throw away his life and just play games and still get some of that ass. That would mean that it would work like that with me". Most don't think like that completely, it just makes them feel better about their bad life decisions.

Also Inaho is way too emotionless. That ain't normal, I've read speculations that he has some sort of mental illness.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
BUT IZAYA IS GOD...

But anyone who is like Kirito. I'm really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really sorry, but I really, really hate Kirito. He's too powerful, and I just never liked him, not even once. Hell, even Eren is better than him, and I have a slight distaste for Eren because of the Titan thing. I'm sorry, I'm really sorry, but I really hate Kirito. I hate how he's a Gary Stu and wins every battle. I just don't like him. Which also means I hate....

tumblr_inline_njtumiZhea1r6jvm9.png

Moroha Haimura and

tumblr_inline_nk6twgsrMo1r6jvm9.png

Satsuki Ranjou... even more.

Okay. Please let me explain that MOROHA IS WORSE THAN KIRITO WHEN IT COMES TO GARY STUS. Morroha is horrible. Gary Stu, and Kiritox2. He remembers his past life and powers out of what would seem like nowhere and beats every enemy no matter what is thrown at him. The highest world power wants him in his ranks, he's already a Savior and he gets all the girls. His character is so goddamn generic apart from not wanting to kill anyone (which by the way, I'm sure Kirito was able to do), and I'm just so, so sick of him winning every battle and have never, ever, ever in my life, prayed to God that this character dies.

It's so hard to like anyone in this show to begin with, dear God everyone in World Break is a horrible character.

Okay, and Satsuki is even worse. She's what we'd like to call "the clingy jealous girl." She wants Moroha all to herself and is pretty much the worst tsundere I've ever seen. I can only feel bad for Mororha whenever she's around because she does sexual sort of things to him and half of the time her Onii-sama REALLY GETS UNDER MY SKIN. She even said, "I won't let anyone have my Onii-sama!" Even though they aren't siblings in this life, so I'm very annoyed at her character.

But at least she's more useful than Elizabeth from Nanatsu no Taizai. Unlike her, Satsuki actually battles.

But there you have it, these are the characters I hate.

Melody

Banned
Years
Ok; so I'm kind of behind on my anime watching and I browse selectively; but I have to bring up these examples.

Digimon Tamers - Beelzubumon
Spoiler:

Currently Watching:

Tamako Market - The Bird's (Dera) priestess. [Hulu - Stalled]
Spoiler:

Wakfu - Percedal [Netflix]
Spoiler:

Sailor Moon (Crystal) (See Spoiler) [Hulu]
Spoiler:

Fairy Tail - (See Spoiler) [Hulu - Hiatus]
Spoiler:

Vampire Knight - Kaname [Netflix - Stalled]
Spoiler:

Welcome To the NHK - All [Netflix - Stopped]
Wow this one is bad. I know Netflix doesn't often keep popular anime very well but geez. All of this is sad; poorly written and just ick.

Well...that about covers it.

Ok; so I'm kind of behind on my anime watching and I browse selectively; but I have to bring up these examples.

Last edited:

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
Digimon Tamers - Beelzubumon
Spoiler:

As much as this made me die on the inside, Leomon needs to be killed of every season xD It's like a tradition.

On the other note I am tempted to try Vampire Knight to see how bad it actually is haha.

Melody

Banned
Years
As much as this made me die on the inside, Leomon needs to be killed of every season xD It's like a tradition.

On the other note I am tempted to try Vampire Knight to see how bad it actually is haha.

...But it's barbaric. Leomon is always the good guy. (No I don't count the different formes of Leomon as a Leomon kill. Only when the REAL Leomon dies do I count it) So like IceLeomon or MetalLeomon don't count; and Leomon alternate Evolutions are actually commonly bad guys.

Skip Class

Years
Leomon dying in many of the seasons have been for some good. The killing of Leomon in Tamers was a really large emotional part of the season and it really did a lot to me, not that I was big on Leomon, but I loved Impmon/Beelzemon - of course personal opinion and everything.

I'm not surprised to see people who hate him tbh. I'm not saying the death was a good thing in the sense of death, but it's part of the reason to why Tamers covered more mature than most other seasons.
Of course I'm sad that it caused Jeri to go into such pain and sadness to the point of depression , but Tamers wouldn't have been able to cover that without him. Him making the choice to be able to digivolve - what he couldn't but wanted so badly and yet resulted in him hurting his friends in the process.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Also Inaho is way too emotionless. That ain't normal, I've read speculations that he has some sort of mental illness.
Inaho actually gets emotions in the S2. (Emotion of pain that is)

Moroha Haimura
I must seriously love OP chars too much because Moroha is one of my fav MCs this season xDDD
But yea, Satsuki is pretty annoying.
Maya-chan obviously best.

VK is actually pretty solid show.
Even though Kaname was dick, he was a pretty good character.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years

Inaho actually gets emotions in the S2. (Emotion of pain that is)
That's a pretty long time for him to develop emotions. :/ One would assume that with loved ones and people around him threatened with possible extinction, he would at least have some inner emotions if he can't/doesn't show them...

Then again, I only watched the first 3 episodes, similar to RinYoga, before I got bored of it, so I don't know if he gets better. Still, from the start, it seemed like Slaine was the actual MC of Aldnoah.Zero.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
That's a pretty long time for him to develop emotions. :/ One would assume that with loved ones and people around him threatened with possible extinction, he would at least have some inner emotions if he can't/doesn't show them...
Nah, he just doesn't care enough.

Still, from the start, it seemed like Slaine was the actual MC of Aldnoah.Zero.
Slaine is more like main villain, though =D
He threatens to break Inaho x Hime pairing.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
Years
I'm amazed no one mentioned Clannad yet. There's always someone complaining about the bug eyes or whatever.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
I'm amazed no one mentioned Clannad yet. There's always someone complaining about the bug eyes or whatever.

lol bug eyes.

But as much as Clannad has those big eyes, their characters traits helped them from me hating the show. I mean, I recall putting it off for a month or two just 'cause I can't tolerate the art style, but after some convincing I finally put all that aside and watched it, and it ended up being one of my favorite anime.

So... yeah, art style puts me off, but the characters and the plot obviously saved it for me.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
Years
lol bug eyes.

But as much as Clannad has those big eyes, their characters traits helped them from me hating the show. I mean, I recall putting it off for a month or two just 'cause I can't tolerate the art style, but after some convincing I finally put all that aside and watched it, and it ended up being one of my favorite anime.

So... yeah, art style puts me off, but the characters and the plot obviously saved it for me.
I would kill them if they did.

Does art can really make you hate someone? Especially in Clannad... I mean, there is no character that in really unlikable in Clannad.

Thank you both, I'm glad to see the love for Clannad prevails ;____;

Skip Class

Years
Lol I get people disliking an anime for an art style (like I just can't watch Higurashi because I couldn't stand the art style), but disliking a single character/s for an art style? That's the first I've heard of. I never really thought of it to do with the characters themselves and their personalities or whatever, just the art style as an overall package can be a pain.

Can't really say for Clannad. It's too slow for me so I haven't been able to watch it after the multiple times I've tried.

Skip Class

Years

But I don't agree with this :P
Higurashi is a great watch and you should definitely give it a shot, nipaa~ =D

haha I'll give it a try again sometime. It has been a while since I watched it and I think last time I did I only got up the first arc/5 episodes or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back