• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Welcome to the Strategies & Movesets forum for Sun & Moon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
    If it weren't for fairies, dark / flying types would also have no weaknesses under Delta Stream. But such is sixth gen life.

I'm really curious what stat boosts Mega Rayquaza gets too. I mean, okay obviously atk, sp atk and speed. But how much went to those and how much to defenses, I'll be curious about until they're revealed.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    If it weren't for fairies, dark / flying types would also have no weaknesses under Delta Stream. But such is sixth gen life.

I'm really curious what stat boosts Mega Rayquaza gets too. I mean, okay obviously atk, sp atk and speed. But how much went to those and how much to defenses, I'll be curious about until they're revealed.

It's already been established that Mega Rayquaza will have almost all its stats boosted, especially its Attack and Special Attack. The stat that won't get a boost is currently unknown, but I think it'll be Speed.

Polar Spectrum

Years
    It's already been established that Mega Rayquaza will have almost all its stats boosted, especially its Attack and Special Attack. The stat that won't get a boost is currently unknown, but I think it'll be Speed.

Heh, yeah mate - see my last post about "obviously attack and sp atk" and as I bet, speed - but I'm curious how much will go to those, and how much to the defenses. If it gets even a moderate amount into either defense, with its ability dampening its weaknesses, it could be even more of a monster than the other two of its trio.

Also found this, worth a laugh

Welcome to the Strategies & Movesets forum for Sun & Moon!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    At least if it doesn't get a Mega evo it won't become everyones favorite OU Dragon/Ground b****. If anything it shoud be proud of being the only gen 3 dragon without a Mega form.

As for Mega Rayquaza...I'm guessing +30 Atk/SpA, +20 Def/SpD and maybe a Speed drop.

Tamara❤

Shiny Hunter
    Years

Welcome to the Strategies & Movesets forum for Sun & Moon!

Goddamn it I was having the same thoughts about my precious Flygon LOL

Also I think it was pretty obvious that there will be an increase in Sp.Atk (Im guessing 30+) but idk what will happen to its speed stat. :/

Shiny Rayquaza just waiting in my pokebank to be unleashed.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    You know, technically every Pokemon should have a mega considering the major factor for mega evolution is the Pokemon's bond with a trainer. At least, that's what the XY evolution hippies said.

Polar Spectrum

Years
    Ooo oo oo we should totally make a guessing game out of what stat buffs Megaquaza gets.

I'll throw my bits attttt.....

HP 105 --> 105 +0
    Atk 150 --> 185 +35
    Def 90 --> 95 +5
    Sp Atk 150 --> 185 +35
    Sp Def 90 --> 95 +5
    Speed 95 --> 115 +20

No more megas pls. This is not digimon.

Heh you know they're coming tho

Last edited:

srinator

elitists is such a bad word tho smh

Polar Spectrum

Years
    I think it's neat, it's definitely a change to the meta, keeps it from getting boring, adds new flashy colors and etc etc

I reserve my enthusiastic approval for when either Mega Dunsparce or Stunfisk is confirmed however.

Ya wanna talk about pokemon that are one mega evolution from being very relevant :U One's got a solid monotype, nice HP, and just under really usuable stats, with a gimmick in glare + headbutt with serene grace - the other's got a completely unique typing with nice dual stabs and an interesting movepool. CMON GAME FREAK.

srinator

if only flying completely negates the effects the type has on damage calculation other than stab moves, it would be slightly less op :<

Years
    Okay guys, new Megas revealed again!

This time we have Mega Pidgeot and Mega Beedrill joining the party, and their details are as follows.

Mega Pidgeot keeps its Normal/Flying-type and gets the No Guard ability. Pretty meh in my opinion because I thought something like Gale Wings would have been better. The design also looks barely different to the normal Pidgeot so yeah don't like this one as much as I thought.

Mega Beedrill also retains its Bug/Poison-type and gets Adaptability as its ability, which I think is nice since that means stronger STABs even if Bug/Poison don't have very good coverage, the power boost will make up for it. It also looks very wasp-like now which is cool.

The Mega Lati@s also finally got officially revealed, not much details about those two yet but I think they'll likely keep their Dragon/Psychic-type and Levitate. Not a fan that the designs look so identical to each other the only way to tell them apart is the eyes.

Anyone's thoughts on the new Megas and how they'll benefit competitively?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    With Pidgeot now having access to No Guard we finally have something with 100% accuracy on Fly. Not that anybody would use that move...M-Beedrill, I don't know. It's movepool isn't the greatest to begin with.

Then again I'm interested to see which Mega will be the first one to enter NU. They seem to be good candidats to me.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    The only thing I see No Guard being good for on Mega Pidgeot is Hurricane (and it is getting a Sp.Attack boost and has 101 base Speed). But besides that, not the most thrilling mega. Mega Beedrill isn't grabbing my attention either.

Game Freak, just make Mega Hydreigon, Haxorus, and/or Zekrom and I'll be good. We can have no more megas after that.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I'm totally sold on Mega Beedrill and I like its new ability. It pretty much compensates for the lack of power it had over the past generations.

All I can say about Mega Pidgeot? PRAISE HELIX AND BIRD JESUS.

Anyway, potential sets:

Mega Beedrill:
    -Swords Dance
    -X-Scissor
    -Poison Jab
    -Drill Run/Brick Break/Knock Off
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Beedrillite (?)

Ability doesn't really matter here, but vanilla Beedrill will have a tough time getting into battle to Mega Evolve, since it's pretty frail. At least it 4x resists Grass and Fighting.

Mega Pidgeot:
    -Return
    -Hurricane
    -Heat Wave
    -U-turn/Defog/Roost/Hidden Power (Ground/Fighting)
    Nature: Hasty/Naive
    EVs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Pidgeotite (?)

Again, ability doesn't really matter, since all three of base Pidgeot's abilities are kinda situational. HP Ground/Fighting is pretty much necessary to let Mega Pidgeot get past Heatran and Tyranitar, respectively.

Edit: Mega Pidgeot will also get screwed by Stone Edge thanks to No Guard making it a no-miss attack. I also kinda wish it got Gale Wings, but that'll just make it a worse Talonflame.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I'm totally sold on Mega Beedrill and I like its new ability. It pretty much compensates for the lack of power it had over the past generations.
    Well, at least someone likes it.

All I can say about Mega Pidgeot? PRAISE HELIX AND BIRD JESUS.
    lol, I almost forgot about the Bird Jesus thing XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back