• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I want a job, and I think that it will be easier to get one when I get out of HS and my JC classes allow for a more flexible schedule.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I actually want a job, so I can earn my own money and buy whatever I want, but yeah, my main problem is my age. :'x .. I mean they wouldn't hire someone like me. XD

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    I'm a clerk in a netcafe store... and my payload is almost the exact amount of my expenses.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
  • I work for my school district's technology department as a paid intern. It's a great job and I learn a lot :D Except my wages barely pay for the gas that it takes for me to drive to all of the different schools :D

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I wanna go to college so bad, well I wanna work as a working student for the school. :'3

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I think I'll get a part-time job while in the middle of my gap period... but that wouldn't be called a gap period, then?

But it would mean disposable income, and work experience... Actually, I already have landed a job. The only thing needed for me right now is to wait.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Although they usually hire people who has experience than those who doesn't have, it's kind of a bit unfair. :'x

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Yes, very very unfair, but there are also some places who likes those who doesn't have any experience than those who have experience, it's just a will of luck if you get accepted. :'x

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    That's not ageism, it's reasonable to judge who to hire based on experience. Age != experience. One of my good friends had 3 jobs at once at 16, and I haven't even had that many now that I'm 19. Saying someone should ignore your experience and hire you because otherwise it's discrimination is kind of looking for a free ride, there are lots of jobs that don't need experience ;x

Tyewatson

Poke Scholar
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    Well my thread just got locked.. -_- Why do the rules have to be so difficult?

Anyways, I hope you guys don't mind if I have some people talking through these threads. We will have our own mini discussion seeing as the thread I made got locked! :)

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Ageism is when they hire younger people because they're cheaper lol
    Lmao, I'm not familiar with the word so .. D':

Hmm, Tyewatson, you should definitely check out the rules first before posting. So it won't happen again! ^^

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Ageism means discriminating against someone just because of their age. Hiring someone with more experience isn't ageism because you can be experienced and young, or inexperienced and old, lol.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Got it now, and yes what you said is true, laughed at the last part. XD

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I know a 40 year old who's never had a job in her life and is just now learning to drive :x

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back