• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Compatibility settings on my laptop suck. I've had several problems with them up until now, so might as well give it a check now that you guys reminded me of it.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Wheeeeee awesome Livewire.

I'm finished on Friday, and then I'm home for Christmas and the new year! Looking forward to getting away from school although I don't think I'll be spending much time at home.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
    winter is cold..i prefer fall time...that remind me of bottle fairy lol

eh anyway...trying to find something to do lately after losing my chance to start working..and got bored of staying home too...><,hufffff

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I miss having all winter off. Sucks i only get Christmas day off now. Working Christmas Eve and boxing day :(

Kayges

Ebb & Flow
    Years
    • Age 30
    • USA
    • Seen Feb 22, 2016
    Personally, I do have quite a bit of complaints about the winter season. I become cold very quickly and I have yet to find a winter coat that keeps me warm and looks decent at the same time, the cold wind makes my eyes water very easily so I look like I'm just about to start crying while walking around campus whenever a breeze picks up, everything hurts more when you're cold, etc.

However, the positives outweight the negatives for me wince I'm a sucker for the happy holiday feelings and the corny Christmas movies that are always playing in December. Still, I prefer Autumn as my favorite season. I enjoy the warm colors of the changing leaves, being able to wear jeans and longsleeves without getting hot, the temperature seems just right, and also my birthday.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I love the winter! Sure it's cold, but that's what coats are for! And I love the snow, and the smells, and the cold air. Oh, and the snow! xD

Though on the topic of snow, we still don't have any on the ground here in Canada. We've got some a few times this season, but it has since melted. According to the forecast that may change by Christmas, however.

As for time off work, I'll be working until the 23rd, then taking the bus home that evening, just to take it back up on the morning of the 27th. Three days off, two of which are paid, and then back to work! =D

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I love the cold. I love everything around me to be real cold. I can't stand heat. That's why I wish Christmas wasn't in Summer :(

Years
    1 week until the new DCC ladies & gents. :D Since I'm hosting once again, I shall spice it up and make it festive and stuff.

I love the cold too. It needs to get cold, like snow cold before Christmas.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I can do without the winter since it's my least favorite season. I hate driving in the snow and ice. My hands get dried out, so does my lips. My cars heater sucks so I am freezing my butt off all the time. Taking snow days means less time to enjoy my days off when it actually gets nice outside. Spring is where it's at perfect outdoors weather.

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    I live in New Zealand so the cold doesn't really visit us often, lol. When there was a cold snap earlier in the year, all of New Zealand collectively **** themselves and hid in their homes, fearful of the foreign feeling of 'coldness'.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    It's not Christmas without a little snow. :>
    I've never seen snow on Christmas. I've seen an ice storm on Christmas Eve and a blizzard the day after Christmas two separate years, but never a white Christmas. It's something I've always wanted to experience though.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    White Christmasses are probably horrible and cold and not an enjoyable experience at all, the media has just overly romanticised it to make everybody want one :P

Years
    A Christmas without snow around here is a bleak one, to be honest. I think it's only happened once in my life, and it wasn't because it was too warm for snow. It was certainly cold enough, it actually had just warmed up enough the week before to melt it all and then the temperature dropped like a rock and it was almost too cold for snow.

EDIT: And because it had snowed several times already and was so cold that year, the grass was brown.

It's actually been doing something similar this year, however, it's been much warmer this year as opposed to the arctic chills between the melting and snowstorms of that year.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back