• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
So, anybody died upon the 9.0 or something earthquake supposedly striking somewhere? I'm guessing people heard about it, or not.
You figure this is something that would be all over the news and websites and sites like AP or Reuters.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I can't find that anywhere. o_O also quick reply works for me...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Maybe you're talking about Japan's back in March?

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Yeeeah no way this is real. This is the sort of thing that would be reported on within minutes.

Annnd I definitely know what you mean by the quick reply thing, though PC in general has been slower for me.

Years
Oh, I see. It's one of those planetary alignment prediction theory things. Yeah, I'm not at all surprised nothing happened.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
That's PC for you, it does error quite a bit more than the average website. But that's what you get when you have 250k+ members. :x

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Yeeeah, PC tends to be pretty buggy quite often. It's one of those things you just have to get used to when you're a member here, either you like PC enough to deal with it or it just drives you away every couple of months.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
Anyway, the quick reply isn't working and PC is slower. During my four/five days here, the site also gave me a few server problems and whatnot.

There's usually one or two server errors a day. Luckily, there's a 8 hour period every day where I go to work, which is normally PC's busiest time, so I get to miss it =w=

Years
Eh, PC always had its share of bugs.

I remember it being much worse around 2005-2006 time, but it was the sort of thing people would parody or moan playfully about, I don't think anybody was really driven away because of all the errors.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Billionaire Pokemon nerd = Shining Raichu?

Years
haha. i wanted the username Liam but some two-hour active dude took it way before me. i'd pay to get his account disbanded. ><

Does the supporter money go to the server?

This DCC is way, WAY more active than some I know of. Here you have most members posting as well as the lovely staff. Other forums, only staff and some 5000-posts users post in it.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Liam is an awesome name, I want to have a kid and name him that tbh. :x

But yeah the DCC here is pretty cool, especially now that it's not always about the newest anime hahah xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back