• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I know that I won't be shopping on Black Friday. Never had in the past years, and I don't see that changing this year.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Working two years in a row in a store on Black Friday has pretty much made me hate the whole concept for life.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
  • Cyber Monday will surpass Black Friday eventually. Only the most hardiest people will wait until midnight the day after Thanksgiving to shop, while the others would wait until that Monday to start their shopping online.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    I know next to nothing about Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday. I wonder if that's a good thing, though...

WidowMaker

Horizons
    Years
  • I'll be submitting an application to Best Buy here within the next few months, and while it sounds like a great place to work, I cannot imagine what that store is like on Black Friday. It's probably a scary working environment around that time of the year.

WidowMaker

Horizons
    Years
  • People in the states seriously go nuts on Black Friday. Really, any opening day for a new product or something that involves a deal of some kind. I remember reports from a few years ago where door attendants got trampled on by crowds trying to get into a department store. It's really, really crazy.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • I'll be submitting an application to Best Buy here within the next few months, and while it sounds like a great place to work, I cannot imagine what that store is like on Black Friday. It's probably a scary working environment around that time of the year.

I've wanted to work retail during Black Friday. With how insane the people act during it, it should be good for a laugh.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    People in the states seriously go nuts on Black Friday. Really, any opening day for a new product or something that involves a deal of some kind. I remember reports from a few years ago where door attendants got trampled on by crowds trying to get into a department store. It's really, really crazy.

That did happen. Some man got trampled at Wal Mart when the shoppers crashed through the door or something. I was scared to go to work that day but I had to obviously. I can't believe people would do something like that just to shop.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
  • That did happen. Some man got trampled at Wal Mart when the shoppers crashed through the door or something. I was scared to go to work that day but I had to obviously. I can't believe people would do something like that just to shop.

I believe they get caught up in the moment and only go off of sheer adrenaline, not rational thought.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Man I want a new theme really bad but idk what to make it :(

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I've going to be having a full Mithos theme soon, once the episode comes out and I make the collab for everyone. <3 My avatar is going to be switched so often though, I can just see it now. ;A;

Her

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Man I want a new theme really bad but idk what to make it :(

same omg
    I've had this Tyra one for over a month now and lol, it's the longest I've had a theme, not counting the times where I had left PC and had the same theme for months. I'm at a theme crossroads right now, WHERE DO I GO!?!??!?!?!?!?!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I just need something inspiring! My boyfriend wants me to make a Haro theme and yeah, it's cute and all, but I'm not inspired by it or any of the art so I won't really want to keep it long.:(

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Hmmm... If I knew more of your interests, I could help. But uhm... The only thing I really know you like is like... Volcarona, and things that have been your theme before.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Hahaha. Thanks for the thought :(

Edit: OH MY GOD I HAVE AN IDEA

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    You're very welcome! no i don't care whether i was actually helpful or not.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I just realized i can't cause it's too hard to find images. So sad rn.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back