• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

We're not getting anymore remakes?

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
  • If you've been following Pokemon Versions Black 2 and White 2 you will know that they are far off from the "normal" Third game series game and seem a but more like remakes.

To me this says that we will not be getting anymore remakes, because we don't need any after the Ruby and Sapphire Remakes. Game Freak could have saved B2W2's story line for remakes and merge BW's storyline for a third game but they chose not to.

What do you think about this move? I'm happy about it because Diamond and Pearl certainly don't need remakes, neither no Black and White in the future. I would like a game tying up their storylines but that looks like a thing of the past now.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    If you've been following Pokemon Versions Black 2 and White 2 you will know that they are far off from the "normal" Third game series game and seem a but more like remakes.

To me this says that we will not be getting anymore remakes, because we don't need any after the Ruby and Sapphire Remakes. Game Freak could have saved B2W2's story line for remakes and merge BW's storyline for a third game but they chose not to.

What do you think about this move? I'm happy about it because Diamond and Pearl certainly don't need remakes, neither no Black and White in the future. I would like a game tying up their storylines but that looks like a thing of the past now.

Technically, no remake was ever "needed". They could have easily made any Pokemon unavailable from Gen 1 and 2 available another way. However, Pokemon are identified by the region they are from, so I think the idea of remake the classic versions was creative and great. Though Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza were available in HG/SS in Johto, their home is Hoenn.

I don't see why they would stop with remakes altogether, yet I can see them skipping them for certain Gens. Pokemon is probably the only franchise that can get away with remaking remakes, since the games are all basically the same formula anyway. So no, though we have all these features in B2/W2, I don't think remakes are done. I'd say B2/W2 could be remade one day years from now too.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • When we're all playing on our Nintendo Holo-Techno-Gizmos (or whatever the console after 3DS is named...) there'll still be a desire - and probably a quantifiable demand - for remakes. If there becomes no way to transfer Pokemon native to Sinnoh or Unova onto future games, then there'll probably end up being a remake in the future. Indeed, the only thing that would really stop remakes from being made would be if they stopped selling as strongly as they do now. Nintendo and Game Freak are businesses, after all, and if remakes keep printing money, then they're going to keep making them.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm not sure whether Diamond & Pearl would be remade... the graphics are currently decent for those games and unless they change dramatically I think Ruby & Sapphire are the only games that are currently in need of remakes due to several factors.

NDogg45

Skrillexmon is best Pokemon
    Years
  • I'm not sure whether Diamond & Pearl would be remade... the graphics are currently decent for those games and unless they change dramatically I think Ruby & Sapphire are the only games that are currently in need of remakes due to several factors.

I cannot agree more. I mean, Ruby and Sapphire's graphics were a pretty big jump from Crystal, but they are not "today's" graphics.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I think R/S remakes could be the last remakes ever because R/S and Emerald are the last set of games able to have their storylines mixed in remakes.
    If you look at D/P and Platinum storylines, they don't look like being able to be mixed. Encounter with Giratina in Distortion World can't be replaced for encounter with Dialga or Palkia, that wouldn't make any sense.
    The only possible remakes for gen 4 are new D/P or new Platinum with unchanged storylines but Game Freak stated in HG/SS that there is no point in redoing the same storyline, so it's doubtful gen 4 will be remade.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't see your logic. Of course Nintendo & GameFreak will continue to remake things. It is who they are. They do it all the time, it's part of the contract. Zelda does this, Pokemon does this, and Mario titles simply get shifted to one console to the other. You'll be seeing more and more remakes throughout the years. So long as there is money to be made by making them, Nintendo will push for them to be created.

Years
  • I wouldn't say we will NEVER get more remakes, but I think that R/S/E will be the last ones we see for awhile, assuming they actually do remake them. If anything, I can see them remaking Red and Blue/Green for the 3DS or something- sure, we have access to Kanto Pokemon, but R/G/B are the first games in the series, so I can see them remaking them for the 20th anniversary when it rolls around ...I suddenly feel very, very old

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I wouldn't say we will NEVER get more remakes, but I think that R/S/E will be the last ones we see for awhile, assuming they actually do remake them. If anything, I can see them remaking Red and Blue/Green for the 3DS or something- sure, we have access to Kanto Pokemon, but R/G/B are the first games in the series, so I can see them remaking them for the 20th anniversary when it rolls around ...I suddenly feel very, very old
    Considering we already have access to Kanto in 4 out of 5 generations I very much doubt it. R/G/B (1st generation), GSC (2nd generation), FR/LG (3rd generation) and HGSS (4th generation). I really can't see Nintendo making Kanto for a 5th time in the near future. RSE are the next games to be recreated. Given that RBY was remade first, then GSC, I don't see why people would assume that they'd go ahead and remake RBY again. RSE are the next logical recreations.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Well for me DPPT graphics are acceptable and I think that's the main reason why remakes are created aside the money of course. All regions (apart from Hoenn) are on the DS which supports 3Dish graphics but with Ruby & Sapphire being on the GBA the comparison is poor, everything is pixelated now and I doubt many people would want to play like that when graphics are improving to the standard of Black & White.

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    It certainly looks like it (that were not getting anymore remakes) but I just hope we get R/S/E, I want to visit it once more, in better graphics! It was my favourite after all...
    I don't think there is any more need for remaking any games past gen III.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    you know what I want?

Pokemon to be region locked

means you won't be seeing Pokemon from Generations IV and V

from the first pokemon on the Hoenn Dex to...whatever was last in the Hoenn Ddex ONLY

no bulbasaurs, no pidgeys, no Mewtwo, no first or second generation pokemon...

I loved Unova because there were no Magikarps, no Zubats, no Tentacool, nothing but new pokemon from Unova

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    I'm sure we will... as technology increases and the old games look more and more obsolete. Even B&W looks pretty dated by today's standards.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I... don't think BW2 looks like a BW remake at all? It's a proper sequel, which is atypical of a third game, but it isn't really much of a remake. Pokemon remakes are the exact same game as the original, with updated graphics and mechanics and a few extra locations or features. BW2 features an entirely new story and takes place chronologically after BW.

But yeah, more to the point, I think there will at least be an RSE remake. I doubt DPPt will get a remake, though, so I guess if they're not done already they will be soon. Which I don't mind; there wouldn't be much to add to DPPt! I mean, RSE at least could use the physical/special split. DPPt already has up-to-date mechanics and roughly up-to-date graphics, and it's full of plenty of extra locations and features. If they did a remake for it, it'd be pretty much the same game.

It would be interesting to see them remake RBY or GSC again in the distant future, as redundant as that sounds. Or maybe even old spinoffs, though those would be more like sequels than remakes I guess.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    But yeah, more to the point, I think there will at least be an RSE remake. I doubt DPPt will get a remake, though, so I guess if they're not done already they will be soon. Which I don't mind; there wouldn't be much to add to DPPt! I mean, RSE at least could use the physical/special split. DPPt already has up-to-date mechanics and roughly up-to-date graphics, and it's full of plenty of extra locations and features. If they did a remake for it, it'd be pretty much the same game.

It would be interesting to see them remake RBY or GSC again in the distant future, as redundant as that sounds. Or maybe even old spinoffs, though those would be more like sequels than remakes I guess.

If RBY or GSC got remade again, why would they not remake DPPt or even B/W and B2/W2 again years from now? Why is 1 generation more deserving of remakes than another?

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
  • If RBY or GSC got remade again, why would they not remake DPPt or even B/W and B2/W2 again years from now? Why is 1 generation more deserving of remakes than another?

RBY and GSC will not be probably remade again. These generations may be included in the new remake or GenVI since most of the Pokemons in these generations are more popular than the new ones, or that's just my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    RBY and GSC will not be probably remade again. These generations may be included in the new remake or GenVI since most of the Pokemons in these generations are more popular than the new ones, or that's just my opinion.

Every generation has fans that consider that particular generation to be their favorite, not just Gens 1 and 2. I also don't see why RBY and GSC may not be remade again later on. The fact that they were remade at all in the original region with the original story intact leads me to believe Game Freak would prefer to keep the generations associated with the region, characters and Pokemon that they introduced. Though Lugia was obtainable in Pokemon XD and in FireRed/LeafGreen, people still associate it with Johto and Gen 2.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm okay with not getting any more remakes. I didn't particularly like gen 3 (and by "didn't particularly like", I mean hate) and it's way too soon to be thinking of gen 4 remakes.

I feel like the only reason they remade the original games was because it was impossible to get all the Pokemon from them in the recent games before then. So for a long time, I've been certain they wouldn't remake anything else because you can get Pokemon from any gen onto gen 5 if you need to. But... now they've stopped making DSes with GBA slots and as more and more DS Lites start breaking, it'll be harder to get those Pokemon to gen 5. So a remake could be in order to at least bring it up to speed with the DS games... but then does that mean we have to look at remaking gen 1 again? Kind of a slippery slope. :P

I feel like instead of remaking games now, though, they could just put them on DSware (or whatever it's called) and make it so that future games can recognize a virtual console game save and transfer from it. I think that makes the most sense and it would make us buy the games again anyway with little effort on their parts. This would be perfect for me.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    This is kinda in and not in with this thread, but today I learned that the DSi and DSiXL both got a small price cut. The DSi is now $99.99, the same price that the DSlite dropped to a few months before it was discontinued and the DSiXL is now $129.99 the old price of the DSi.

This means that the DS series is coming to an end, while it doesn't say much in terms of whether we'll be getting anymore remakes, it at least means that the DS series is being taken out of the market soon so any potential Remakes will be 3DS or anything after the 3DS.

So if we DO get new Remakes...I'm gunna say they'll be on Gen 6 mostly cause Gen 6 will be running a new graphics engine and they'd wanna keep remakes in with the same graphics engine as the current main game.

Years
  • Mmmmm, I still like the fact most people talk like the RS remakes are still surefire things that will happen. I still also hold firm that the RS remakes are unneeded as you can still get pokemon from your original Hoenn game to Unova. People say it's too complicated, but I don't think people understand that being able to keep your pokemon for so long, so easily, isn't just an assumed thing they deserve.

If you're a die hard fan who wants your pokemon from Hoenn, then you'll either get or keep the materials in shape for transfer. It's an added bonus that doesn't have to be handed to you on a silver platter.

Besides that, I pretty much agree with what Lightning said. Virtual ware all of them when they get too old. Just make sure they can transfer!

Black and White 2 show a shift. A shift to a more creature future, and if they're going back to remake things over and over again, it's not supporting this move forward.

Back