• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Were you completely finished with the Pokédex project immediately after the E4?

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
  • I was missing about seven Pokemon after I beat Cynthia, four of which were the pixies and Rotom. That new feature over at Serebii made it a lot easier to find the rest (all of which were found at Iron Island, which I never went to because I already had a Riolu).

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I like to beat all the trainers, so when I beat the E4, I was just missing four-the same four that you had intended, BeachBoy: Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit, & Rotom. ^_^

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • I was missing Gardevoir, Rotom, and Octillary; however, that was a while ago.

Offtopic (kind of):
    Does the Battle Frontier affect the National Pokedex?

Because I have no idea how I managed to get Arbok into
    my National Dex when I don't have old Pokemon GBA games
    and I was never traded one in any of the DS versions I've ever had.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
  • I had all the entries after beating the E4. I checked right before fighting them. I was wondering how to get Dialga and Palkia's entries, but I guess you get them after the Spear Pillar event.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I had caught all the Pokemon I needed to capture to be able to progress onto the National Dex after the league, before beating the E4.

Kyle Hyde

The one who comes and goes
    Years
  • I was missing Mesprit, Umbreon and Rotom (I knew where he was, but I kept telling myself it was someone else, until I checked at the mansion and Gardenia was there :P)

mystery913

some guy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2009
    I make sure to see all of the pokemon that i can before the E4 usually im missing the pokemon that the E4 have so when i beat them im done with the pokedex

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    i am nearly finshed but i dont want to go to the old mansion
    but i want to finsh my pokedex i am so confussed right now!

UltraBlaziken

Cyber Trainer
    Years
  • I had seen every Pokémon after defeating the Elite Four, but I had to trade then "give back" Uxie and Azelf with my Pearl before the E4 to have them in the Sinnoh Dex (I didn't want to try capturing them right now because of their insanely low catch rate, and remembering having needed 7 tries to catch Giratina.)

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen yesterday
    In Platinum, all I needed was the lake trio. In Diamond, I honestly don't remember.

Metalchic

▄█ 'M ▓▒
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2009
    when i first beat the E4 in platinum i had seen 191 pokemon so i whent and picked up the straglers useing a guide from online to find the remaining pokemon and then i was done like 15 minutes after beating the E4 lol

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    I HAVE YET TO GET THERE. WHEN I DO I WILL REPOST IN HERE. I JUST GOT THE GAME, LAST WEDNESDAY, AND AM TAKING MY TIME. I PROBABLY WILL THOUGH BECAUSE I HAVE FOUGHT EVER TRAINER THAT I FIND.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Yeah, I had seen everything i needed for the national dex before the E4.
    I always make sure I go through the pokés everyone misses when they play through.
    I'd already caught all of the lake trio
    [I soft resetted for a timid azelf, and spent 5 hours trying to catch mesprit]
    And a rotom.

-Neji-

Something Different
    Years
  • Yeah ive seen all of them, cept i missed a glaceon right after i beat the 3rd elite four (relised when my mate told me) .. so i had to loose then go back just cos i wanted to finish it the first time XD

Back