• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What age do you think you should stop playing pokemon?

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
Years
  • That's right, there's no age limit. You shouldn't stop something because you think others will think you're childish. If you like it, and you aren't hurting anybody, then play it for as long as you want to.

I don't think that quitting means you didn't like it much in the first place, which someone said earlier.
    How many of you still watch Sesame Street, or Dora the Explorer?
    I'm guessing none, unless you have kids and you watch it with them. Even then, I doubt that you'd watch those shows for your own entertainment.
    My point is, you can really love something, but then grow past it later. It doesn't mean you never really loved it.

But if any of you guys DO watch those...more power to you I guess. XD

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • hmmm age to stop playing pokemon? *thinks* Never! i will prob play pokemon till the day i die ^_^

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
  • hmmm age to stop playing pokemon? *thinks* Never! i will prob play pokemon till the day i die ^_^

That's it? Hmm... I'm still gonna be playing it in the afterlife. :P

On a more serious note, i agree with everyone who posted here. There is no age limit although many probably will stop once they hit college or somewhere around that time to start a career and live a more serious life. And even then, although most won't admit it, they liked it before, and still like it now.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    hmmm age to stop playing pokemon? *thinks* Never! i will prob play pokemon till the day i die ^_^

I completely agree. <3
    I don't think I'll ever stop completely. Maybe take a break for a few months...maybe a year. I always end up right back into it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2011
    I don't believe the reason that you "should" drop Pokémon is necessarily related to age.
    Agreed. Just play/read/watch/etc. something for as long as you have interest in it. Don't drop something because society deems it "kiddy" and says that it's only "acceptable" to like it up until a certain age, and that someone liking it when they're past that age automatically makes them immature/childish/irresponsible/etc. or that it's "evidence" that there's something "wrong" with them(maybe because they -gasp- don't only like things that have a ton of sex, swearing, and nudity and have blood and gore flying all over the place).
    Also don't drop something because a "friend" or gf/bf/etc. treats you like crap or threatens to disown you as a friend/gf/bf/etc.; someone who would disown you because of something so petty and trivial is not any kind of real "friend".
    And besides, liking so called "mature" things like Grand Theft Auto and Halo is not necessarily a sign that the person that likes such things is "mature".

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
  • Age is just a number, mate.
    It shouldn't factor into this at all.

The reason the games are aimed at younger audiences is because of their playability.
    The age rating means that that is the YOUNGEST age at which you should play.
    ANything after that is a free for all!

I'll quit Pokemon when it gets too boring.
    So far, it hasn't.

If it is a case of bullying over this, this is how I see it.
    These games were a part of my childhood, therefore I see justification in my keeping that one part with me.
    For people my age (20 going on 21) trying to get into the games, that's another story because they don't have the childhood factor and just seem embarrassed to want to play them.

But it DOES NOT MATTER about age. Ever.

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
  • I doubt I'll ever stop. But even if I do, it'll be a short break only. Pokemon is the best thing ever now. :P

Gero50

闇の下呂
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    I see nothing wrong with it. I know people who are a half a decade older then me and they still love Pokemon including the gamers. I say you should if you like it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2011
    I've played the first and second generations off and on since their release... They're great games. Why stop if they're fun?

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • You should stop playing when you feel you know longer have no intrest in it and are no longer having fun.There is no age limit on any kind of hobbie.

Lickeh Lickeh

Lickilicky lover
    Years
  • Like all good games should, when you start to get bored of them.

I can see myself playing video games for a long time.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I don't think that there should be a specific age where you stop playing Pokemon. It's a franchise that you should enjoy if it's your kind of thing and once you get bored of it, stop engaging in the franchise.

However, seeing as you're talking about the video games, this thread looks like it belongs in General Pokemon Gaming since that's what houses Pokemon video game discussions.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    Elementary School - everyone plays Pokemon
    Middle School - only nerds/geeks play Pokemon
    High School - no one plays Pokemon
    College - everyone plays Pokemon

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I think age is irrelevant to when I should stop playing. I guess I'll stop when the franchise no longer interests me.

Years
  • Age doesn't matter. I am probably going to keep playing for a long time, until I get really tired of it.

Back