• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What anime/manga have you watched last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Oh jeez I've been watching tons of anime lately. x_X It's a good time-killer when you've got only hour-long gaps of spare time. Plus a friend and I have been doing some marathons. SO HERE WE GO.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni → When my friend and I attended the anime club's first showing, we'd missed out on the first few episodes of this. I LOVE this anime and I was really disappointed that my friend had a bad first impression (he saw the last episode or two of the first arc and was terribly confused) so I forced him to watch the beginning. He was hooked, haha. We marathoned the whole thing in two nights.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai → So the logical next step was to watch the second series. Again, marathoned this in two nights. @_@;; I still adore both seasons.

Tales of the Abyss → Same friend, another marathon. I'd seen about half of what's out so far in raw Japanese but he hadn't seen any of it so we watched every episode up to 14 (and then 15 later). Maaaaaaaaaan I love this anime. ♥ Pacing's worrying me a bit now but I'm still quite pleased.

Sailor Moon → Because of course, heading off to university clearly means you need to start a 200-episode anime to watch in your off-time. 8| I'm really annoyed at myself over this. I've gotten through 40 episodes in two weeks, watching a few per day every other day or so. I'm quite certain I could be more productive but oh well. It's a nice nostalgia bomb and at the same time, since it's been SO long and I never actually saw the sub, it's kind of new. I'm very much enjoying it. ♥

Neon Genesis Evangelion → I've... I've actually never seen this before. D: I feel awful about it because lmao everyone's seen this and I think it's practically a rite of passage in the anime fandom at large or something. But yeah, just started this tonight and got through 7 episodes (yeah, again with the same friend). At this rate I should be finished by the end of the week, jeebus. 8|

I've also been watching Toradora! faithfully every week. Aside from that... I don't think there's anything to report. Save maybe a random Pokémon episode I watched because there was a good minute of Cherrim footage in it.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I'm still watching Rurouni Kenshin, though I've taken a bit of a break from it to start re-reading the manga <3

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I watched an episode of Persona: Trinity Soul a few days ago..

Even though I started watching it when it released a year ago, I never stayed with it. >__>

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    I watch the first episode of The Black Blood Brothers a few days ago, it was okay I don't think I'll be going back to watch it though

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    I just watched Episode 1 of the Rosario + Vampire Anime...
    What is up with the artists and Fanservice? =O

And some of Episode 2

There are plenty more ecchi-filled manga than Rosario, but nevertheless I agree. It also reminds me a lot of Soul Eater, with the use of generic folklore monsters, but it's just not as good. D:

Anyway, read through chapters 27-32 of Kurohime. As usual, the series has been building up to Hime reuniting with Zero and finally does it, but in the disappointingly anti-climatic kind of way. Granted, they did remake Zero and have him and Hime become enemies, so at least there's another focus. Plus, they introduced two new characters and gave everyone a make-over, so it was a decent intermission.

Years
    There are plenty more ecchi-filled manga than Rosario, but nevertheless I agree. It also reminds me a lot of Soul Eater, with the use of generic folklore monsters, but it's just not as good. D:

When the Anime Club showed Soul Eater...It made me wanna watch it, But I don't have the time D= But yes Ecchi stuff borderlines those things.

Anywayz. I just read Vol. 23 and 24 of Detective Conan. Sharp as ever that Kudo-san. =D

Last edited:

L

Vocaloid fan
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2020
    Watched Rideback episode 3. I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying this show. The race in episode 3 was really well done, and the preview for episode 4 looked epic. =D

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    An episode of Naruto, last night with my father. He's really into Naruto, me less so, so we watch it together every Saturday.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    I saw Rideback episode 3. It was really good I have to say. The plot is pretty interesting, I read the manga and there are subtle differences, but nothing I am going to complain about.

Years
    I finished watching Death Note recently, I won't give away much but the ending is really good. It definately made me want to rewatch the anime all over again.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I recently watched Naruto Episode 208. In this episode I heard that the animators forgot to draw Naruto's head in. So it was showing only his body, but I didn't see it. It seems they fixed it, which it was good. But the episode overall was good. That construction guy...man what a pushover. But Kiba and Naruto always ended up saving him.

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
    I finished watching Wolf's Rain a couple of days ago. The last four OVA episodes were rather depressing, and I still do not really understand the whole "Paradise" concept, but I like how it ended. It was rather different from other anime I have seen, and I love wolves any way. It was a pretty good watch.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back