• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What anime/manga have you watched last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I've almost finished watching Season 1 of Bleach, which is technically the first anime I've watched. I don't count the ones I used to watch on TV, like One Piece, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Digimon, Pokemon, Dragonball GT, etc. I have to say, it was really great. I think I'll start reading the manga to compare the two.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Kimi ni Todoke ep. 1-5
    Don't know why I didn't start watching this sooner. The character style is a bit different from what I'm used to, but the endearing storyline makes it a winner already, even just five episodes in.

Years
    Scrapped Princess, eps 1: Ever since I saw an ad for this series in 2005, I've been meaning to watch it but put it off. To be honest, I was a bit disappointed. Animation quality wasn't too top notch and storyline not something I haven't encountered before or thought of. I'm probably not going to continue this series for a while, since my watch list is pretty expansive already.

Candy Boy, eps 2-7 + EX02:
    I started this series because I was looking for a nice, relaxing slice-of-life series that is short and finished. For the most part, I wasn't disappointed; however, I feel that character development was sacrificed for the "Awww" moments, and truth be told, I wish that wasn't the case. Still, animation quality was top notch and dialogue for the most part very nice. I would give it a 7/10.

Years
    i wish the filler in bleach would end.

ive just finished watching soul eater, i definately reccomend that.

i'll start on fma brotherhood soon, if its half as good as the originals it will be a good watch.

Years
    5 Centimeters per second, eps 1-3 (finished): Alright, so since today was the day after the end of exams and I had a break, I decided to finally watch this film (which is divided into three parts to show the three stages of a young man's life: early childhood, high school years, and working age). The first thing to notice is easily how beautiful and realistic the backgrounds of this movie is; absolutely breathtaking. The story was as well realistic and melancholic. The ending of this movie made me rather sad, but it's an ending that probably most of the world will experience, and the music accompanying it was very fitting. All in all, a worthy watch. Didn't get the girl/guy endings.

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years
    5 Centimeters per second, eps 1-3 (finished): Alright, so since today was the day after the end of exams and I had a break, I decided to finally watch this film (which is divided into three parts to show the three stages of a young man's life: early childhood, high school years, and working age). The first thing to notice is easily how beautiful and realistic the backgrounds of this movie is; absolutely breathtaking. The story was as well realistic and melancholic. The ending of this movie made me rather sad, but it's an ending that probably most of the world will experience, and the music accompanying it was very fitting. All in all, a worthy watch. Didn't get the girl/guy endings.

That's still on my "omg I need to stop being so lazy and watch this amazing anime" list. Although I think I'll wait until this season's animes are finished before I watch it. After reading your post I really want to watch it.

I've been watching Dance in the Vampire Bund, Ookami Kaushi, Hanamaru Kindergarten, So・Ra・No・Wo・To and Durarara!!. And a measly one episode of CLANNAD ~After Story~. :> /super busy + lazy Durarara's third episode didn't fail to disappoint me, and was probably the best third episode out of the shows I'm currently watching (but Hanamaru Kindergarten's second episode came close… it's just so adorable ;__;). I liked the whole Shizou and Izaya fight thing (I also found it to be pretty funny — watch out for flying vending machines!). I am also liking the amount of Shizuo/Izaya fanart that's showing up on pixiv. lol @ Sora no Woto's third episode — oh the ~drama~. Ookami Kakushi's third episode was great in a funny way (… although I somehow don't think the creepy Izusu's brother (I forget his name) and Hiroshi thing was intended to be funny… you'll know what I mean if you've watched it). Still don't really like Hiroshi. I'm waiting for him to do something badass. Like pulling a shotgun out of nowhere and shooting people. But that will never happen unless he turns crazy or something.

Still reading Katekyo Hitman REBORN!, Karneval (omg update omg) and Pandora Hearts. The Pandora Hearts chapter was amazingly cool — young Elliot is cute. Vincent is a creeper as always, which I like to see, it's a shame that he decided to creep on Ada though. Poor Ada. D: And as you can tell by my profile picture, I just couldn't help making a profile pic out of the "I want to taint her" panel. /o/

Years

That's still on my "omg I need to stop being so lazy and watch this amazing anime" list. Although I think I'll wait until this season's animes are finished before I watch it. After reading your post I really want to watch it.
    It took a while for the ending to sink in for me, but I consider it very thought provoking and symbolic. 5cm per second has been sitting on my Plan to Watch list for a good few months as well, I'm glad I finally watched it.

Aria the Natural, eps 1-5: I'm very sad that the ARIA series isn't as popular as it should be. This show is very relaxing and animation quality is top notch, and so is the surrealistic scenery. I don't think I've ever seen slice-of-life done in tune with Sci-Fi as well as ARIA has been doing, and the music isn't half bad either. Sleep quality for me has improved after watching the ARIA series. The ending theme for the Natural is mesmering as well. I listen to it pretty much every night before sleeping nowadays.

Ayselipera

I finally watched the OVA of Elfen Lied yesterday after finishing the main series over the summer. It really wasn't anything too special, but it was nice to refresh my memory of all the characters.

Years
    hmmmm.....don't really watch anime, but the last manga i read was Naruto vol. 32. that's where they got two new team members, Sai & Yamato and they go to try and get sasuke back

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
    Durarara ep 1-4

I didn't think there would be anything good out of the new anime list because fall 09 totally disappointed me. anri is just so MOEEEEE. dammit mikado, make a move already

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Detective Conan Chapter 721
    FINALLY THIS CHAPTER CAME OUT. Yeesh, only took it more than a week. ;~;

ANYWAYS.

Tis was the ending of the Kappa case. I actually kind of had a hint as to who it was that did it; I just didn't know how exactly he did it other than using his paint stuffs to somehow transport the dirty water. XD;

Can't wait til the next case nao~

Years
    The Place Promised in Our Early Days (alternatively: Beyond the Clouds), movie: I wanted something else similar to 5cm per Second to watch since that movie was brilliant, so I searched up another title by Makoto Shinkai. TPPOED has more Sci-Fi content which deals with separation of hearts and souls by different dimensions (as opposed to just living far away with no contact in 5cm), and unfortunately, it gets a bit too complicated at times. Storytelling isn't Shinkai's best work in Beyond the Clouds, but his standard is already high, so it's not to say this one isn't bad at all. As always, animation for a Shinkai work is gorgeous, even though this one is from 2004, and music is great.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2010
    the last things i watched were episode 55 of naruto and episode 82 of bleach.i prefer th bleach normally but this time i proffered the naruto the bleach isint great at the moment because of the bounts it isint great a storyline.while naruto just keeps getting better

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back