• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are some of your least favorite anime?

Ficher

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2012
    Probably like most here, I disliked Digimon, since I thought of it as a robotic revamp of Pokémon. The Digimon designs never seemed to appeal to me and they were stupid looking; most of them.

There are more, but I do not remember them at the moment.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • Code Geass, Naruto, Death Note, Tactics.

I gave Naruto 40 episodes to actually go somewhere... But the plot wasn't advancing, not at all. <_< I want decent plot, not 40+ episodes of prelude...

Death Note, don't hate me for it, but it was just not my piece of cake. =/
    Code Geass as well... There was no character that appealed to me.

Tactics seemed like a really good Anime, but it disappointed me. =/ It's an anime I'm probably gonna finish in I don't know how much time. Shounen Onmyouji, which I started watching a week after I started Tactics, was finished in no time. =/

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • I don't like Spooky Kitaro for some reason. Something about its style is...off for some reason.
    Yes. Spooky Kitaro is a bit erm, childish.

I assume that for you to dislike an anime you have to atleast watch it first? Because usually, animes that doesn't interest me, I don't get a second glance, so yeah.

Though, I guess this will be my least favorite anime: Dance in the Vampire Bund. It's, uh, quite, random and cliche, and not in a good way. The OP and ED is catchy though, and so is the animation. I tired to give it a chance since it's, uh, SHAFT, but I can't stand it for some reason.

Chu-Bra also comes to mind. Watch it since Chihara Minori, Yoko Hikasa, and Minako Kotobuki was there, but, gah. I'm not a loli! Can't stand their jokes and the way they deliver things. I've watched worst anime (or manga) before, but this left me a very disgusted feeling. They're at my sister's age. D:

Years
  • My least favorites are One Piece and School Days, by far. One Piece just never 'Clicked' for me, it got boring, and School days was literally the dumbest thing ive ever seen. (ending included)

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Yeah I wasn't into One Piece either. It didn't came to my attention. The story is good, but the characters...I don't know. I can't take them seriously. Since the art is kinda of childish. And I wasn't into Gundam Seed, Tenchi in Tokyo, Blood+, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo at all. Most of those were random and too serious. Well there are more I didn't care for but that is all I am going to list.

Bartender

Care for another drink, ma'am?
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    A lot of anime did not interest me at all, actually, and I always finish an anime before judging it as a whole. IDK, but the Gundam series never really caught my attention, since I am not that into mecha stuff. Also, some harem anime, such as Koi Koi 7, MSN, Da Capo and so forth, were cliche and unoriginal.

BringYourOwnKites

Seriously. These are mine.
    Years
  • I can honestly say I don't like Hetalia or K!ON. I don't even know why. There's just something about them that urks me in the wrong ways.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Beyblade. You can only go '3, 2, 1, let it RIP!' so many times (like, once) before it gets old. And I thought shows about children's card games were bad, but freakin' spinning tops?

Speaking of card games, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX. I have several episodes on my computer for the sole purpose of watching them and laughing at them. They're English dub episodes, too. Sad. I'm a little masochistic.

Naruto I never really got. I mean, I watched the first forty episodes or so, but it was just too damn slow-paced for me. And Naruto's VA annoys me greatly.

But this one takes the cake. Three words.

Himitsu.
    No.
    Mars.

EW. FREAKING EW.

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    my least favourite anime?
    i dunno; i've probably never watched it

y'know, seeing as i don't like it and stuff

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    There are lots of horrible anime series out there, but I just don't care to watch them.

But I did recently watch Angel Beats, after seeing all the hype built up around it and the interesting plot summary I read on Wikipedia.
    The first episode was quite good, so I continued watching. After about 4 episodes I realised they were just using the same gimmick over and over. I predicted what the plot would be like by the 4th episode, and I was spot on. It wasn't a good plot line, it was incredibly clichéd and very predictable.
    The humour was repetitive, simple and generic school kid humour.
    The characters were forgettable. The only mildly interesting character was Angel/Tenshi, but she didn't speak enough to save this series.
    They repeated the same scenes over and over. That was by far the worst offence; I don't want to see the same "joke" repeated about 5 times, the same flashback or the same situation except with a different character this time.

Saitou

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    I have a couple of anime I found not-so-great.

Naruto - I mean, I don't see the whole fuss about it. I started watching it 2 years ago, with my friend and we reached episode 30 and it was good. After reaching further episodes, a lot of filler episodes were introduced between story events and the story was slowing down. I don't really know if I ever going to give it another try, but yea, it remains a less than mediocre anime for me. Oh, and the voice acting, the English dubbed, wasn't that great as well. That's just my opinion, though.

Lovely Complex - You might not agree at all with me on this one, but honestly, nothing caught my attention in this anime. I mean, a girl and a guy falling in love after many obstacles and people interfering in their lives is well, a little bit cliche for me. Although I do enjoy the occasional romantic comedy settings, however this one was not one of them. To be fair, I did like the characters and they were what made me finish the anime.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    The Prince of Tennis, it was okay but I got tired of watching it after a few episodes.

Hikaru no Go...yikes. To me, like PoT, just...boring. Then again when I first watched it I was younger and didn't really grasp the whole concept of the anime. So my hatred for it may be tied to that.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
  • Uuh, let's see this :

Death Note - I don't like the drawing style, and I don't like the plot either xD
    Dragon Ball Z - Because...This I don't know, I just can't seem to look at a character from that manga/anime without thinking "eww" ← But I never really watched it so yeah, there might be no valuable argument here. xD;
    Naruto - I watched the first season, until Sasuke went totally crazy and all. It's all going too far for me, and we still don't know if Naruto will finally become Hokage ಠ_ಠ
    Bleach - Almost the same as Naruto, plus, Ichigo is irritating me D;
    GTO - Just not my kind of anime/manga, plot, characters (I did take a look at it)

And that's about it for now, I can't remember all of them xD

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2010
    I'd have to say Bobobobobo, I never really got the big idea for it and thought the plot was really lame.

Roxichu

Blastoff at the Speed of Light
    Years
  • A few weeks ago I hung out with some anime-crazed friends thinking we were going to watch a marathon of Hayao Miyazaki movies. But the guy with those DVDs never showed up so instead we ended up watching the most nauseating, puerile and utterly meaningless anime series ever. I don't even remember it's name, but it was set in a high school (of course!) and was supposed to be a "romantic comedy".

I thought I was going to puke. Worse than Twilight, it was.

Fortunately, we watched Jirachi Wish Maker afterwords, so that made up for it.:knockedou

Back