• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are some of your least favorite anime?

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    Probably going to have to be FLCL for me.

I remember when they first started showing it on Adult Swim. I watched all of the episodes and I thought it just wasn't very good. I was shocked to learn that people actually liked it.

There's also that show that has like five hundred 'Bo's in its title. It was just randomness.

Lastly there is Gintama. I liked it more than the above two but I just couldn't get into it. It relied solely on humor in the majority of episodes I watched and I'm afraid that humor just wasn't delivering.

Aside from random series like that I tend to not think this way. I just keep the rest that didn't wow me in a neutral spot and keep them to myself.

Shadow Ball

I <3 ghosties the mosties! :P
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Naruto... not only can I never go anywhere and not see it (just like Twilight @_@) But also, it is extremely child-like and full of filler and has horrible voice acting. I may have liked it back when I was 12 though, because I liked Inuyasha and it now reminds me a lot of that.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Taking back my hate of Naruto, picked it up again and for some reason my opinions changed....a lot. It's not amazing but it's fun, mindless action.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Tried watching Naruto and dropped it fairly quickly (like after a dozen episodes). Didn't care for the characters, the character designs, and how the plot never seemed to progress.

I couldn't stand the art style of One Piece or Dragon Ball (any of them).

The annoyance combo of Ash and Pikachu killed any interest in the Pokemon anime by the time Hoenn came around.

FLCL just caused me to look at my TV screen in utter confusion and bewilderment until I changed the channel.

Not exactly a hate, but I didn't think Gurren Lagann lived up to its hype. Purely average IMO, and not worth a rewatch.

Silmeria

Years
    One anime I absolutely cannot stand is Code Geass. Why people think its so great is beyond me. Lelouch and Suzaku have to be the biggest hypocrites in existence, the rest of the cast are bland stereotypes taken straight out of other anime, and the entire storyline resembles nothing so much as a mutated fusion between Gundam and Death Note. About all that can be said for this is that it has a fantastic dub cast and the awesomeness that is Jeremiah Gottwald. But its still the worst anime I've ever seen.

I'm not overly keen on that unholy trinity of Naruto, Bleach and One Piece, either. I never really got what was so great about them. All this hype for what, exactly?

Digimon Tamers is another anime that irks me, as well. After the incredible first two seasons, we're stuck with this...Digimon fused with Yu-Gi-Oh! Lack of humour, lack of a proper villain, and just mindless wandering. Even Frontier was better than this.

Speaking of Yu-Gi-Oh!...GX was a very, VERY bad anime. Part of the appeal of the original was the Egyptian feel, and without that it lost most of what made it awesome...I didn't like the whole shift in attention to fusion monsters, either. I got very sick of those Elemental Heroes...and the Cyber Dragons were an absolute terror in play before the banlist. GX totally broke the TCG. Plus the lack of plot, terrible characters and hellish fanbase made this a very dark period for the YGO franchise, in my opinion.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    Tried watching Naruto and dropped it fairly quickly (like after a dozen episodes). Didn't care for the characters, the character designs, and how the plot never seemed to progress.

All of my friends wanted me to watch it so bad... I just couldn't do it. I watched the first episode and pledged never to watch it again. Why? The dialogue, I think... it sounded awful- purely AWFUL- in English... and I don't like the lack of consistency in subs, but I tried subs... still hated it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I gave K!ON a few episodes to see what all the hype was about and couldn't bring myself to like it...at all. The characters seemed so shallow and two dimensional, I skipped ahead a bit and the story seemed like it never went anywhere at all. I'll probably never understand just why this show is as popular as it is, but it's certainly not as good as people make it out to be at all.

Code Geass was one of those guilty pleasure shows for me when it first aired, but just left a bad taste after it was done. The story was thrown into such disarray that it felt like so many things needed to be reset and explained to the viewer again in the second series. The show also had some of the worst pacing I've seen in some time, not to mention it had the odd habit of throwing odd episodes that were 90% filler and more "fun" in theme that probably didn't belong in the second series. I actually like CLAMP's style of drawing, it can be strange at times, but it's rather nice to look at most of the time, though I do think it doesn't make the transition to anime all that great.

I try to judge each Gundam series on its own merits and not write off the franchise as a whole, but I really did not like Gundam 00. I managed through the first series because it had a decent amount of action and mystery that seemed like it would pay off, it was basically "Hey! Watch season one and look at our pretty robots and vague political talk that will totally make sense in season two!" ... and then a lot of it doesn't end up making too much sense in the second season. It's a shame, I actually liked the first season for what it was, a not too deep, not too shallow, mecha action series with decent characters, but the second season just felt so repetitive and it the motivations of the villains didn't make much sense at all. And I really loved the character designs, Yun Kouga can really makes some awesome looking people.

Also not a fan of Brave Command Dagwon. I'm all for franchises trying to go in new directions, but this was just not the way to do it. It felt like they wanted to overload the show with aspects that were new to it. The entire show felt more overly loaded on narrative exposition and really had a problem balancing that out with the action element of the series and I always felt like it did a lot to make it feel like it was crawling along at a snail's pace.

Back